sonsofscurvy -geoff howell - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

crbrosma ( 4 )
New Trader

sonsofscurvy -geoff howell - Resolved

Post by crbrosma »

Mr. Howell and I agreed that he would purchase my two battle boxes and that I would send the battle boxes first. It has been more than two weeks and I have not heard anything from him. He has promised me several times that he would pay me over the last month and a half and that has not happened.

Here is the pm list.

Subject: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
sonsofscurvy wrote:
How much for the trolls box? Plastic or metal? Same for legion.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:47 am
by crbrosma
They are both metal. The trolls box set is NIB and the Legion one is not NIB, but they are not put together. Make an offer and we can haggle on it if need be.
Craig

Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:44 am
by sonsofscurvy
Do they come with mk 2 cards? What is the legion condition if not nib

Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:59 am
by crbrosma
The legion does not have cards, but are in excellent condition. The heavy beast is partially put together, but the caster and the small warbeasts The Trollbloods box set is still in shrink wrap and I am unsure of how old they are, but I think they are metal, since the box does not say plastic kit.

Re:Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 pm
by sonsofscurvy
$60 shipped?

Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Just cause I don't know a fair price to start at lol

Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:02 pm
by crbrosma
I can do 65$ shipped and I can send out on Thursday. That is when I will have time to get to the Post Office.
Craig

Re:Re:Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 pm
by sonsofscurvy
I can do that. Now there's two ways to do this. The last trade I went through I got burned and never received my items (you can read the bad trader report for user Denrus). Would you be okay with shipping first, and upon receiving the tracking number, then I forward you the money? Otherwise I cannot pay until Wednesday at the earliest.

Re:Re:Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:45 pm
by crbrosma
I have no problem shipping first with tracking confirmation. As long as I have an address I can ship out on Thursday when I get the chance.

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re: H: 40k WMH W:Khador, Cryx, Cygnar
Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:50 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Okay excellent. Thank you.
Geoff Howell
3401 weinbrenner road apt 409
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
L2G 7K6
(You can take solace knowing I won't screw you over because I run a painting business and can't afford smears against my name)

Sent: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:58 pm
by crbrosma
Not a problem.

Sent: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 pm
by crbrosma
lc2895495295us is the US Customs number from the package that I sent out today!
Craig

Sent: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:08 am
by sonsofscurvy
Thanks mate,
I will fire the money off asap (tomorrow or shortly thereafter - pay day)

Sent: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:12 am
by crbrosma
Not a problem. My Paypal account is craigbrosman@gmail.com
Craig

Sent: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Is the shipping number accurate? There's no dashes or anything? I ask because it is not coming up on the USPS web tracker. I would assume it would show at the very least as a drop off at whichever post location you took it too like the Canadian Post site does
crbrosma ( 4 )
New Trader

Re: sonsofscury -geoff howell

Post by crbrosma »

Customs
Sent: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm
by crbrosma
The number is accurate, but the lady at the USPS store said there is no tracking option only the customs number. Let me know if it is not there in the next week and if that is the case I will make some calls and try to figure it out

Re: Customs
Sent: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:09 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Hey so good news bad news,
First the good; the models have arrived today.
Bad news; my son has had an on going ear infection and was prescribed a stronger anti-body, but this has taken the funds out of my miniature funds. For this reason, I can ship these back to you, as it is only fair. I am awfully sorry.

Customs
Sent: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:26 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Or if you wanted I have two proposals; next month I am finishing up a size able commission and will have more than enough funds to make good on this. Or an alternate, and more immediate solution, I will offer to paint $85.00 worth of stuff for you through my commission services, no shipping fees, assembly fees or basing fees either. That would make the value far more in your favour.
I feel awful for this, but as a parent my son needed to come first. If we can work something out that would be great because I was really looking forward to learning these factions and models, and if we do do the return, I end up losing out because I will be paying shipping out to you, and you get the chance to recoup the loss from this trade through the sale to whomever else.
It is completely up to you and I can appreciate/understand any decision you make.

Re: Customs
Sent: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:44 pm
by crbrosma
When would you be able to send me money? I am a very patient person.
Craig

Re:Customs
Sent: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:47 pm
by crbrosma
Sorry for the first message, I thought it was a duplicate. I completely understand that life happens and things come up. It is not your fault. Just let me know when you are able to send funds. I am very patient and easy to deal with.
Craig

Re:Re:Customs
Sent: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:00 pm
by sonsofscurvy
Thanks a bunch mate. I may be able to get it to you sooner. I just got a promotion at work, so once I get things figured out I should be able to fire it off sooner

Sent: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:25 am
by crbrosma
Not a problem.
Craig

Sent: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:44 pm
by crbrosma
Do you have an ETA on when you think you will be able to send a payment? I am in no hurry, just checking in.
Craig

Sent: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:19 am
by sonsofscurvy
Let me double check with my wife and our budget, there may be a chance I can get it out today. If not then probably in about a two week time frame for when my new pay comes in.

Sent: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:23 pm
by crbrosma
Not a problem :D just keep me up to date on what's going on!
Thanks, Craig

Sent: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 pm
by crbrosma
Is there an ETA yet?
Craig

Re:Re:Re:Customs
Sent: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:40 am
by sonsofscurvy
Yes. I get paid Friday. It's a three week pay day so there'll be no excuses :) I really appreciate your patience.

Sent: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:25 pm
by crbrosma
Not a problem! :D

Craig

Sent: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:33 am
by crbrosma
do you still have my paypal information? if not, it is craigbrosman@gmail.com.
Craig

Sent: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:25 pm
by crbrosma
Hey Geoff,
Just checking in to see what is up and where we are.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: sonsofscurvy -geoff howell

Post by MagickalMemories »

Info dump:

His BT profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=50580

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/geoff.howell.927?fref=ts

Likely his wife:
https://www.facebook.com/kathy.howell3
(There are others on that page who are probably family, but the look like kids. I won't post their info here, even if you can go there to find them yourself)

A FB group she's part of:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/265451173539754/
This is a group dedicated to Canadian author, H.G.Howell. Stay in the know on all things related to his work!
The FB profile of the owner of that group:
https://www.facebook.com/h.g.howell?fref=nf
Note that, if you look at the "wife" link above, you'll see that THIS H.G. Howell has "Liked" her profile pic.
Why is that important? Check out his BT profile again:
Emphasis mine

Note that the FB group above says it's closing (about a year ago) and that you can follow him here:
https://www.facebook.com/booksbyhowell
Canadian author, H.G.Howell, was born and raised in London, Ontario. He currently resides in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The Spark is his debut novel.
Going back to his BT profile:
So, there you go. A few ways to try to get in touch with him!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
crbrosma ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by crbrosma »

I will contact him after lunch today.
crbrosma ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by crbrosma »

I have yet to hear back from him or his wife on Facebook.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You could always start messaging people on his Friends list to see if they can help.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
sonsofscurvy ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by sonsofscurvy »

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I have messaged Craig via private email regarding the situation.

Recently I received a promotion via my day job and have been insanely pressed for time to meet on a half dozen commitments in my personal. Partly the reason is because ontop of this I am planing a cross province move. Through this time crunch this has unfortunately slid through the cracks, and as I have said to Craig in the private email that no apology will provide enough solace.

That being said, I would have appreciated my wife not being brought into the matter before the other avenues of trying to reach me were first tried. This is the first I have even heard of all this extraneous search regarding the situation. I have not been on BTown since Craig's and my last message - due to the nature of the little time I currently have available to me.

There is no reason to start harassing people on a friends list in Facebook until you have tried other means of communicating with me (or other individuals in a similar situation). I understand there are many flakes out there, I had an experience with one myself, but until all other avenues of contact are exhausted first no one should be bothered with the matter.

Like I said I have contacted Craig through his private email.

"In the end, only the innocent will suffer."
-Benjamin R. Riley
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Thanks for chiming in here. It is appreciated.

That said, you should understand that we take the "protect the victim" approach here on BTRs. Once it's clearly established that the reported individual - you, in this case- has not lived up to their promise, our actions are to help them recover their property/money/etc. The only protected information is your phone number and, even then, only if it is NOT publicly available (In other words, if we can find it online, it's fair game). Also, your email address is not publicly shared by BTown, though is acceptable to post if you've provided it to the individual posting the report.

As for involving your wife, you have to consider the above p.o.v. while reading the following. It is not a presumption that you would do the same, but a protection against it, just in case...
I've located people on Facebook, only to have them see the BTR against them, then change the privacy of their FB page to make their Friends list no longer public. For that reason, we always cull every bit of information possible that might help the accuser get in touch with the accused as soon as we find it. If we hold off, it might be too late.
Frankly, it's a pain for us to maintain this information privately. We're all volunteers here. The research we do in cases like this is done in our personal time. Having to take MORE personal time to locate and provide it when asked is just not happening. So, as it is all public info, we simply share it up front. You'll note that I didn't share the info on the minors, who I realize might be your kids. I kept it to sharing info on adults.

While I don't feel an apology is in order, I'll admit an error on my part. Typically, I advise anyone trying to contact tertiary individuals in order to reach the accused to be POLITE about it; there's no reason someone like your wife should be treated rudely, after all. If you check out other BTRs where I've done this, you'll see that my advice is always the same. Be nice.

All of that being said, I'd like to thank you again for getting in touch with him ASAP and for chiming in here, rather than just ignoring it. Once crbrosma has what is owed to him and reports as much here in the thread, we'll lock it up, mark it "Resolved" and move it out of here.

Eric

sonsofscurvy ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by sonsofscurvy »

I can appreciate the reasons behind it and even condone it. My only gripe is with the alternative methods should have come to me first before the next steps or information was shared that's all. I do appreciate the hard work all the volunteers do here at BTown, I'm going to be sad to leave it (I'm leaving the hobby in general due to the demands of my new job).

-Benjamin R. Riley
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

But the OP tried to come to you first. You were non-responsive.
As far as coming to you on FB... well, like I said, in the past people have locked up their FB profiles after they were found there. *IF* you had been one of the bad ones, you could've easily locked up your Friends list so that it couldn't be gotten to, making it hard to get a hold of anyone else.

The OP tells me you're making good. I'm glad to hear it.

Eric

sonsofscurvy ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by sonsofscurvy »

I have sent OP payment for the goods today, just waiting to hear back from him.

-Benjamin R. Riley
sonsofscurvy ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by sonsofscurvy »

Payment has been accepted. I will let him confirm as much so this can be put to rest. Once again I apologize to the OP.

-Benjamin R. Riley
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

sonsofscurvy wrote:Payment has been accepted. I will let him confirm as much so this can be put to rest. Once again I apologize to the OP.

Sh** happens. Thanks for handling it.
Once we get a confirmation, we'll get it closed up and moved.
If the OP doesn't update this within 2 days, PM me and I'll get in touch with him.

Eric

sonsofscurvy ( 8 )
BTown Regular

Post by sonsofscurvy »

Since he hasn't updated here, this is the email receipt confirming confirmation of received payment.

Craig Brosman accepted your payment
Transaction ID: 5ME95185TE849260M
Dear Geoff Howell,

This is just a quick confirmation that Craig Brosman accepted the $65.00 CAD payment you sent on May 13, 2014.

Please note that it may take a little while for this payment to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Amount: $65.00 CAD
Payment method: Bank account
Subject line of your payment email: Trolls and Legion
Sincerely,
PayPal

Help Center | Resolution Center | Security Center
This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright [COPYRIGHT SIGN] 2014 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

PayPal Email ID PP277 - a5c63abed2cff

-Benjamin R. Riley
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I've PMed him:
Subject: sonsofscurvy -geoff howell

Please, visit your BTR and update it with any necessary information. Geoff claims he's paid you and that you've accepted the funds, but your BTR remains open. If he has, indeed, paid you, you have a responsibility to update your thread as soon as reasonably possible.
Thank you.

Eric
Eric

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”