BTR - Mournafein - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Lysis ( 28 )
New Trader

BTR - Mournafein - Resolved

Post by Lysis »

So it has been almost 2 months since first contact, and a little over a month since my part of the trade was shipped and confirmed received. Mournafein was very good with communication until the last few weeks, where he has dropped off the map after informing me that he shipped my package to the wrong place and "had just got it back." It was concerning when his Btown account was active, but he chose not to respond.

Here's the tale of the tape. Please pardon the 40k tactical digression, as it was part of the deal making process.
Sent: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:40 pm
by Lysis to Mournafein
Subject: H: Malifaux W: $$, 40k Eldar (Maybe some DE/Tau)
Mournafein wrote:
Dead justice box set

Lord chompy bits x2
The dreamer
Teddy
Coppelius x 2
Daydreams x3
Insidious madness
Stitched together

CGS limited edition female
Hi Dustin,

I saw your post and was interested in learning more about the items above. If these models are painted, could I get a picture or two of them please?

I am trying to trade/sell some DE stuff myself, so I trading could be great if we get to that point, and you are interested as well.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=221678

Thanks,
Alex
Sent: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 am
by Mournafein to Lysis

Hi there! Yes! I'll send pictures as soon as I am able! I am currently visiting my grandparents!

I'll send pictures as soon as I am home!

Thanks, Dustin.
Sent: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:00 pm
by Lysis to Mournafein

Hi Dustin,

Any luck on pictures? :-)

Thanks,
Alex
Sent: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:40 pm
by Mournafein to Lysis

Hi, sorry for the extreme delay!

Do you have an email I can send the pictures to?
Sent: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:19 pm
by Lysis to Mournafein

oh no problem. sure you can email me at XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

Thanks
Sent: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 pm
by Lysis to Mournafein

Hey there,

I never saw any pictures, but with the holidays and all I understand we get busy :)

Could I get a status update please?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Alex
Sent: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 am
To: Lysis

Hi there! Yes! I'll send pictures as soon as I am able! I am currently visiting my grandparents!

I'll send pictures as soon as I am home!

Thanks, Dustin.
Dustin Yates Jan 3
to me

Hey! I know the quality isn't good, but I tried to help with that by taking multiple!

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks and quite sorry for the delay!

<3 blurry pictures attached>
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 3
Hey there,

Thanks for the pictures. What about the dead justice set and the female cgs? It's really hard to see on those pictures...

Thanks again
From Dustin yates, to me - Jan 3
Hey! The CGS is in a plastic bag ziplock thing next to the NIB Coppelius.

And as for the dead justice set: I have it all packed up and ready to be mailed to someone for some eldar!

And the CGS just has been primed, not assembled, and painted skin, nothing else, I don't think.

Unfortunately, I don't have the card for the CGS Female. It was water damaged by a series of unfortunate events.
Bummer, I was really interested in that dress justice set...

What are you looking for in the other models then please?
From Dustin Yates, to me - Jan 3

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you meant by your question!

Yeah, there were a lot of requests for dead justice! I really love the set, so it's unfortunate that I had to let it go! I am just getting out of Malifaux, and I had a lot of extra stuff, being a henchman.

Sent from my iPhone
Sorry if i was unclear: what are you asking for the CGS and the dreamer models please (i only need 1 LCB/Dreamer set). Or maybe just the CGS?

Thanks!
Not incredibly unclear! I just like to make sure, to avoid making a fool of myself! :)

Well, all together I just want to be able to field some Dark Eldar as allies! I don't really know anything about the Dark Eldar, and I think I'd need a codex, as well. So I really don't know where to start!

Sent from my iPhone
Ok, thats no problem. If i have an idea of what you like to play, i can give you some good recomendations. I am very well versed with the current D. Eldar codex; as I took them to the national 'Ardboyz finals.

Do you prefer a shooting or assaulting list? or a balance between?

What army will they be allying with?
Oh, wow. Uhhhm. I play eldar so I really don't know where to start with Dark eldar! I don't really like the Monstrous things... They're ugly.

Sent from my iPhone
-------edit for LONG tactical discussion advising him on how I liked to play DE.--------------

So in a nutshell, thats what i always was into. Naturally, i have some of these units, so you may see my opinion as bias. However, I would recomend this strategy to anyone.

my 2c!
The troops can take poisoned weapon shots!? I really think I need more long range shooting. I love the way the dark eldar vehicles/skimmers look. They're just cool. I don't like the beasts because of the aesthetics. I don't really know why. Just kind of grotesque.

Eldar basic troops have crap for range. Do the Kabalites also suffer from this?

Could you let me know what you have?

Thanks! And I enjoy/appreciate the input do far!

Are you familiar with typical eldar?

Sent from my iPhone
We exchange 3 more tactics based e-mails, getting down to deciding what it is he wants to play....
From Dustin Yates, to me - Jan 4
Okay, so I suppose the question I have for you is, "What exactly am I able to get?"

So I suppose that depends on what value you prefer to place on what I have, since you're smart enough to price your things, apparently!

Sent from my iPhone
From me, to Dustin yates - Jan 4
Are you wanting to leave cash out of it?

To be honest, with the M2E sculpts and plastic casts of the Dreamers stuff on the near horizon, the old metals are a stop-gap till then.

Valuing your things, if i were to buy the things i'm interested in from you, the NIB total would be $110 MSRP, and I would have 1 more stitched together than what you have. Granted that your guys are assembled and painted, and they will soon be updated with new plastic sculpts (mostly), I'd give you $40 cash or $50 in tradefor the following:

Dreamer/LCB Models
aChompy
stitched togethers
Insidius Madness
Teddy
Copelius
Daydreams
CGS (female)

Now before we move on, I want to explain my offer just so it makes sense (I'm new to BT too, and this is how it was explained to me, and I agree with it).

If you buy TTG pieces on the internet, you can find a discount retailer (like miniature market, etc) that sells goods at 25-35% off MSRP. Thats new, in box material, that is perfect. On the second hand market, value begins dropping off with every level of "processing" (ie cut off sprue, assembled, primed, painted, etc). Unless you are an amazing artist, painting isn't normally a bonus, its actually a detriment. Most buyers will strip models to paint them their own way. So 60% for NIB material is optimistic (as some online retailers would be 65% and might do free shipping). 50% is ok, and then everything else is reasonable. I have all my non-NIB models at 45-50% because they are still relevant and newest edition. Yes, i know the loss sucks... I'm selling a $4000 army piece by piece and its rough considering the initial cost. Anyways, I hope that sums it up as far as pricing goes.

Here's what we could trade for that. You could pick and choose up to $50, or supplement beyond it with cash (whichever you prefer):
Archon $8
Baron Sarthonyx $8
Haemonculus NIB -$11
Haemonculus Assembled - $10
Wyches box (10 ladies) - 17
Wyches (12 ladies assembled) - $17
Venoms (4 available) $16ea
Kabalite Warriors w/ blasters (13 available) - $2 each
Ravager w/ dark lances and magnetized sail - $25

Let me know what you think!
Haha, I've been on bartertown for a while. Well, my brother and I both have. No need to explain things!

If you can give me an archon, the ravager, and 8 of those blaster Kabalite warriors. (I'd like 10, but pricing is pricing! I'd ask for more, to make it easier on you selling them, but the limits make it a wee bit harder!)

If you can make that, I'd say we can have a happy trade! :)

Sent from my iPhone
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 4
Hey that sounds fine to me! Will work on packing it up!

can i get an address or zip code for shipping calculations?
Likewise! I'll get to packing it ASAP!

Did you want the painted or Unpainted chompy?

And my address will be

Dustin Yates
115 Skyblue lane
Jacksonville, AL 36265

Your's?

Sent from my iPhone
Could i get a better picture please? =X I might prefer the painted? but couldn't tell through the haziness

My Address:

Alex Parson
829 Colebrook Dr
St. Louis MO, 63119
---second e-mail right after ---

I found one of the sheets of sprue that goes with the ravager, so i'm gonna throw that in the box. You should be able to get ~4 Kabalite warriors, ravager parts (sails/prow etc), and some neat bits off of it.
Yes! Let me try to get a hold of a better camera! :)

Alrighty! I'll send it ASAP! I start classes again Wednesday, so I'm sorry if it ends up late! XD

Also: are any of these models painted or primed?

Sent from my iPhone
Cool thanks.

The blaster guys are primed black. I have 1 which is still bare plastic

The Archon is also primed black.

ravager is bare plastic
From Sonja Lee, to me - Jan 6
Hey! This is the best I could do with the painted chompy! The skin is a metallic black.

Really, it's c not VERY well painted... I just have a sentimental attachment to my painted models! Haha. :)

If you'd please reply to the other email, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dustin

<picture attached>
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 6
Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the Chompy Figure pic. I would prefer the painted one, but I will leave that up to you. I'm lazy for painting and it takes work off my plate with the baby and all =p

With the Epic snow, I'm just waiting for a chance to get to the post office. Should be in the mail soon tomorrow or wednesday.

Thanks!
From Dustin Yates, to me - Jan 6
Very well! I'll likely have your package in the mail Wednesday!

A painted one you shall have then!
From Lysis, to Mournafein - Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:03 am
Hey there,

Your package shipped today. I was a bit delayed by work and the weather, but here is the tracking number. It was light enough to qualify for first class, so it shouldn't take more than a few days to arrive.

Any luck on sending some dreams my way? =D

Thanks!
Alex
From Mournafein, to Lysis - Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:48 am
Hey there! Not QUITE yet! I've been broke and just got paid today! I'll send them off Monday!

Sorry for the delay! I know I'm awful! Hah.
From Mournafein, to me - Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:54 pm
Package received!

I do have to ask, though, what was on the Archon's back? Or is there just a random hole? XD
From Lysis, to Mournafein - Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:07 pm
Great - glad you got it.

On the Archon's back, there is some little arching who-zee-whatzit with some details on it. I didn't notice it was missing! Sorry about that! There are many things you can fill in that slot with; names back decals from warriors/incubi/grotesques that have the same flavor.

Were you able to get to the P.O. yesterday as expected? :)

Thanks,
Alex
From Mournafein, to Lysis - Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:11 pm
Yes! I'll give you the tracking number once I get to it! I meant to give it to you the same day, but I am forgetful lately and have a few other trades going on!

That said, where can I get one of those things? I'm not stressing about it, but I would like to have the spot filled! Haha.
From Lysis, to Mournafein - Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:35 pm
Cool - Thanks!

I will look and see if i have it. the model was completed (and i assumed it was complete when i put it in the box). I know its a hassle, but could you double check the box for me? I'll look around here for the bit , if i find it, i'll see what it would take to get it to you.

Otherwise, you would have to look for an extra bit in one of those boxes i put before (not hard to do, as they come with options), or a banner from a warrior sprue would also work there
From Lysis, to Mournafein - Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:09 pm
Hi there,

I was just curious if you had the chance to ship out the Dreamer and crew.

Thanks!
Alex
Message was read.
From Lysis, to Mournafein - Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm
Hello,

I saw that you got my last message, but hadn't responded. Could I get an update please?

Thanks,
Alex
He switches back to G-mail communication
From Dustin Yates, to me - Jan 20
Hello Alex, it's Mournafein from Bartertown! I have not forgotten about you!

In my idiocy I sent the mail to the wrong address. (Another user) So I got the package back and am now in the process of REsending it to you! I'll try to include something extra for you, to compensate!

I apologize for the inconvenience!

Sent from my iPhone
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 21
Damn. Ok

I appreciate your efforts - could you just hit me with the tracking number when you get it in the mail please?

Thanks and good luck on take 2 hehe

Alex

P.S.- just in case...
(relist my address)
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 25
Hello.

Is been a while since I've heard from you. Could I get an update? I'mbeginning to grow concerned.

Thanks,
Alex
From me, to Dustin Yates - Jan 29
Hello,

I hope this finds you well.

As my last e-mail got no response, yet your Bartertown account was active yesterday, I can only assume that something is amiss somewhere. I hope that this is not the case, but with no response, I'm left with little else to do.

Please update me with a timeline, or a tracking number (preferred), by Sunday morning or I will have to proceed with a bad trader report. To ensure you receive this, I will also send it to your Bartertown in-box; pardon the redundancy.

Thanks,
Alex
He has since been inactive, and he has not read my Btown message yet - tho, it reads the same as the e-mail i sent him. So far, I'm out my Dark eldar stuff.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - Mournafein

Post by MagickalMemories »

I found this with that address:
Sonja G Lee Age: 45-49
Romah Lee
256-435-9505
115 Sky Blue Ln
Jacksonville, AL 36265-8367
Maybe try a phone call?
Or, you could reach out to him via Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 15&fref=ts

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I have a sale that I made to him that he never responded that he received. Annoying, but not BTR material. You're not the only one he isn't communicating with though.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
Lysis ( 28 )
New Trader

Post by Lysis »

Eric - Thanks for the legwork. I have messages pending in both places.

Pretre - thanks for the added experience reference. Perhaps, if he is still active military, he has been otherwise occupied quite frequently.
Lysis ( 28 )
New Trader

Post by Lysis »

Small update of sorts:

As of his logging into Btown at 2:06am CST, my messages have been read but not responded to. Emails and phone calls remain unanswered and/our unreturned.
Lysis ( 28 )
New Trader

Post by Lysis »

Another round of messages requesting an update have been left, but none have gathered response nor activity. The phone number results in an automated recording.

As he has already received my models, and agreed that we would trade by mail, is this grounds to pursue mail fraud? With a complete information black-out, I'm coming up short on options.

Thanks.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Lysis wrote:Another round of messages requesting an update have been left, but none have gathered response nor activity. The phone number results in an automated recording.

As he has already received my models, and agreed that we would trade by mail, is this grounds to pursue mail fraud? With a complete information black-out, I'm coming up short on options.

Thanks.
Yes.
You mailed him something.
It wasn't labeled as a gift.
He agreed to send you something in return and hasn't.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Lysis ( 28 )
New Trader

Post by Lysis »

Update:

TL,DR: I received the agreed upon materials. Condition was a bit worse for wear, but that is far secondary to the point that i actually received them. Issue has been resolved.

Detailed

Surprisingly, i received an e-mail on Feb-28.

Hey Alex! Sorry about all of this! I've run into some troubles recently and have had to go through a recovery process for my email accounts. I apologize for all of the inconvenience, and I understand your concern! No worries! I don't know where you stand at the moment, but at this point (Yes, at 3 am) I am just recovering my methods of contacting you.

Thank you,
From me to Dustin Yates - Feb 28
Hi Dustin,

Thank you for getting back in touch - I am very glad to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear that you've had some personal difficulty. I stand in the same place that I have been - dreaming a little dream of Lord Chompy Bits and his crew. Are you still planning to send them to me? and if so, could I get an expected timeline please?

Thanks,
Alex

Yes! Of course you can expect to have them! I apologize for all of the wait that I've put you through! As soon as I can get to a post office, they're on the way! (My vehicle has decided to take a break, on me). They're in my vehicle right now! I expect that will likely be Monday, as I am trapped in this place for today and post offices are only open for around four hours or so on Saturday (If at all, still).

Thanks for being patient,
No further e-mails were returned, so it was a surprise when a priority mail package arrived on 3-10-14. While not very effectively packed (duck taped box of metal models inside a priority envelope), everything was included as promised; all bits accounted for.

I think this is fairly obvious, but buyer beware: make Dustin ship first.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”