Bad trader - Prospero (Zachariah Herrmann) - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA Planet Earth Sol System Milky Way Known Universe

Bad trader - Prospero (Zachariah Herrmann) - Resolved

Post by themailedfist »

You know that voice that says "This 0-rating trader might not be worth your time?" Sometimes that voice is dead right.

I attempted to purchase some Hordes Legion items from Prospero - Zachariah Herrmann. I have not received the product nor my money back. I have a case open with Paypal; we'll see what comes of it.

Here's the gory details:
Re: H: Legion, W: Cryx, $$$
Sent: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:01 pm
by themailedfist

Good day.

I am interested in:

Subject: H: Legion, W: Cryx, $$$

Prospero wrote:
Magnetized Ravigore or Sythian or Carnivian ($21)
Magnetized Ravigore or Sythian or Carnivian ($21)
Nephlim Soldier ($11)
Deathstalker ($7)
Deathstalker ($7)

Are they still available?

--Robert

Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:24 pm
by Prospero

Those models add up to $67. With $5 shipping it should come to $72. Send me the money and address and we're good to go.

Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 pm
by themailedfist

What is your Paypal address?

I'm at:

[My address redacted]

Do you know how the rating system works with Bartertown? I'm willing to pay first, through Paypal, but you may find that many buyers are going to request that you ship first because you have a 0 or single-digit rating.

--Robert

Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:39 pm
by Prospero

My paypal address is zh3991a@student.american.edu

Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:41 pm
by themailedfist

You're in DC?
[I asked because I'm in Maryland, so I knew once things got shipped it'd be a one-day trip]
Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:48 pm
by Prospero

I am.

Sent: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm
by themailedfist

Would you mind adding the 10 Legionaires for an even $100?

--Robert

Sent: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 am
by Prospero

Sounds good. I'll ship them too.

Sent: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:10 am
by themailedfist

Paypal sent. Thank you.

--Robert

Sent: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 pm
by themailedfist

Good day. Have you had a chance to ship the box yet?

--Robert
[After no response for three days, I opened the case with Paypal, which apparently got his attention]
Sent: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:03 pm
by Prospero

Hey sorry for the lateness, I just got the box back as I misprinted the shipping label XD. I'll be sending it back right away. Sorry for the delay.

Sent: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:55 am
by themailedfist

Thank you for the update. I assume if you ship it today I'll have the box tomorrow.

I think you will quickly learn that a key to being a valued member of Bartertown is COMMUNICATION. Please try and be as direct and informative as possible. Most traders really prefer that you share Delivery Confirmation numbers for shipments so as to alleviate concerns.

--Robert
And then...no more communication. I have emailed him directly at his @edu account but never got a reply. So I escalated the case with PayPal two days ago...and hope to get my money back from them.

I believe this to be his Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/zachariah.herrmann There aren't too many Zachariah Herrmanns out there. I'll pursue that angle more if PayPal does not return my funds.

--Robert
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad trader: Prospero (Zachariah Herrmann)

Post by MagickalMemories »

If it comes down to it, you can always contact the school and ask them for assistance. There are certain ethical principles that they expect their students to adhere to. An inquiry from the Dean of Students, or the like, HAS snapped people into swifter action in the past.
That would be a last resort, of course.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader
Location: Ellicott City, MD USA Planet Earth Sol System Milky Way Known Universe

Post by themailedfist »

Indeed. Thanks MM.

--Robert
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Post by themailedfist »

An update:

I got the box from Zachariah, but it is not complete. I've sent him a list of the missing items and asked for him to respond, as well as updated Paypal.

--Robert
themailedfist ( 210 )
Resident Trader

Post by themailedfist »

This has been resolved. Zachariah sent me most of my purchased models, and refunded me for the missing parts.

Admins, you may lock this message. Thank you.

--Robert

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”