BTR - celestialkin - Resolved by celestialkin

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

NathaninVic ( 74 )
BTown Regular

BTR - celestialkin - Resolved by celestialkin

Post by NathaninVic »

Well, I'm pretty new to Bartertown but I've managed to have a few good trades with some of the members but I have had a continuing problem resolving a purchase I had made with one member either not being shipped/never received/and not repaid.

I entered into a trade/sale deal with a member called "celestialkin" aka Mattias Drake (paypal Irma Cenedo) to buy 2 older WEG Star Wars d6 Books off of him (I cannot find the original post, and sadly I didn't include it in my pm to him about the sale). This began the first week of February, and has yet to be resolved.

After a week or so I sent him some money via paypal for the items (paid for them, the stated shipping costs, and the paypal fees).

It's not a huge amount of money, but I'm really miffed as he's completely ignored me for the past few weeks and despite promising to return my money he has not.

Again I'm new to this so please tell me if I'm doing something in error regarding my BTR post.

His and my correspondence is below, the last message I received from him has made me question if he ever mailed the items out at all. I decided to try a pm in a harsher tone because I have been extremely patient while dealing with him, but I want this resolved sooner than later.

Though the trade/sale wasn't for much I gave him alot of time to resolve this, and issues he was having with another trader. He has not replied to my last two pm's and hasn't been on the forums since.

I have yet to file a greivance with Paypal as I was giving him some more time. I intend to do so in the next few days.

Mods ? How should I continue to get this resolved ?

Re: Star Wars RPG books

Sent: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 am
by NathaninVic
Heya Mattias,

I have given you an extra 20 days to pay me back and reply to my previous message. You haven't done so, but have been online since i have sent it out.

I understand you have been having difficulties with another trader but i need you to get back to me by Monday at midnight or i will be filing a Bad Trader Report and going through Paypal to get my money returned and to potentially lay down fraud charges.

Please get back to me and have this resolved immediately.

I have been extremely patient and forgiving so far but i am now past my patience, you have had months to resolve this and haven't.

Nathan

Sent: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 am
by NathaninVic
Heya Mattias,

Well, that is sorta lame for you. I'm a bit confused here :

celestialkin wrote:He lied. I had sold something on ebay for cash to pay you back/finally ship your items to you and other people,

Do you mean you haven't mailed out already ? Because you stated you did at the end of January. If thats the case then I've been waiting over 2 months for something you haven't mailed out, that I have already paid you for.

Or did you just mean to type "pay you back/ship out items to other people" ? I'm pretty confused and would like some clarification.

So far you've not sent a trace on the deliverly like I suggested (which wouldn't be tons of effort as you just have to ask the post office to do so) and offered to refund my money but delayed it two or three times now, without much of an explanation until now of why.

Now I'm not going to go ballistic and file a police report through paypal (as something like this would be considered a fraudulant sale), but I am leaning towards posting a Bad Trader Report until this gets resolved.

I'd like to resolve this by
A)finding out where the parcel sent to me went
B)receiving a refund (if so please let me know what date you can "actually" do so on)

Please look into both and get back to me tomorrow.

Nathan

Sent: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:48 am
by celestialkin
Hey,

Another member I was dealing with told me he would also be patient and wait. He lied. I had sold something on ebay for cash to pay you back/finally ship your items to you and other people, but he made a claim shortly after saying he'd wait and needless to say when the money hit my Paypal it was already in the negatives and stayed there.

Feel free to give me bad feedback. I deserve it, but within a week or so I STILL will be shipping/paying you back regardless of anything!!! I am a man of my word!

Sent: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am
by celestialkin
Hi,

Thank you kindly for your understanding. My money is coming in a a few days. I WILL refund you ASAP.

Your kindness in understanding is so appreciated. Thank you!

Sent: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 am
by celestialkin
Hey,

Please forgive the delay!

Will do. However, I get paid on the 2nd. I will do everything I can to refund you before then, though!

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 pm
by NathaninVic
Heya,

I gave it another week and a bit but nothing has shown up.

If you could send that refund to skyhavengames@shaw.ca via paypal that would be great. Once I receive it I will pm you and we can exchange feedback so we get something out of this.

Let me know when you refund the $14.80.

Thanks,

Nathan

Sent: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 am
by NathaninVic
Well i will give it a few more days and let you know.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am
by celestialkin
Hello,

I am SO SORRY!

I will refund your money within a few days. If it arrives please keep them anyway as an apology.

Sent: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 pm
by NathaninVic
Heya,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting on those books. By the end of this coming week it will has been the longest average length of time for them to arrive.

Did you have to declare them with a customs sticker ? Items can be tracked via that by the post to determine if they were lost.

Anyhow just wanted to update you and I will pm you again at the end of the week if they don't arrive.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm
by celestialkin
Lol. I was confused for a minute when money just appeared.

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm
by NathaninVic
hahaha, you emailed me before I could email you :P

Thanks man, I will let you know when they arrive and when I leave feedback.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm
by celestialkin
Thank you. I will ship them tomorrow. :)

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 am
by celestialkin
Hi,

No hurry, but I am just letting you know I still have them and they are packaged for you. :)

Sent: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 am
by NathaninVic
Heya,

Just wanted to send you an update. I've been busy with work this weekend, and I've not had time to meet up with my friend to pay him to have money sent your way via paypal. I will be doing so this Tuesday/Wednesday.

I will PM you when I do.

Sorry for the slight hold up.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 am
by celestialkin
Yup. That is for both books.

Also, later this week is fine. :)

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 am
by NathaninVic
Is the shipping you listed for both books or just for one ? And you do want this to be in US funds correct ?

I will have it entered as a gift in that case, so you won't get charged paypal fees.

Again, i won't be able to send you the payment til later this week.

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 am
by celestialkin
well, since they are books media mail would only be $4. Insurace would be optional at an additional $1.80.this.is expected to reach.you.by feb 5th if you live oin the continental usa.

Standard Pist be $13, and arrice the same as nedia mail.

Priority Mail would be.$16 and arrice the 30tg.

Expess would be $46 and would arrive the 29th.

Agaun insurance is your call on all of these for $1.80.

I require personal/gift option or for you to cover paypal fees.

My info:

Matthias Drake
bidyourjunkaway@gmail.com

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 am
by NathaninVic
Okay.

I sent you another pm. Please let me know what the shipping will be and your paypal info and mailing address and after that we can seal the deal.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 am
by celestialkin
Yes the books meet.those requirememts. :)

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am
by NathaninVic
I just noticed that I will have to cover all shipping costs.

I'm still up for it, but if the costs are too high I may not be able to send you via paypal til the Thursday after next. I have a big gaming convention to go too this weekend and don't have tons of free cash.

Please let me know the rates to mail to my address. I would like to know the varying rates, I may be willing to pay for expedited or airmail depending on the costs.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 am
by NathaninVic
Heya,

I'm interested in both books, as long as they are intact with no missing or torn pages and if the binding is intact. Please let me know.

Your;

Star Wars d6 Core Rulebook
Star Wars d6 Imperial Sourcebook

For;

$10 ($5 each)

If your up for it I can send you some cash via paypal (I will need your paypal info).

I won't be able to send you via paypal until Wednesday or Thursday. If we have a deal I will pm you when I do.

My address is :
Nathan Patten
#2-945 Portage Road
Victoria BC V8Z 1K9
Canada

If you can pm me your address as well to confirm the deal, I will still need it for trade purposes.

Anyhow just let me know the required info please,

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm
by celestialkin
Hi,

I forgot to mention I am in Central Florida. Orlando.

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm
by celestialkin
Hello!

Thank you for contacting me.

Aside from the covers which are a bit dirty I believe (i am not home right now) they Like New on the inside. So Very Good condition in all?

Feel free to call me if you would like to voice verify and discuss them. :)

Matthias Drake,
(407) 272 4445

Star Wars RPG books

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 am
by NathaninVic
I am interested in your Star Wars books.

What is there condition ? And where abouts are you located ?

Cheers,

Nathan
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Potential Bad Trader - celestialkin

Post by reegsk »

I'd recommend re-posting he conversation with the PM's in chronological order (oldest to newest). That's the best way to get help from the mods.
TheOgreTyrant ( 54 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by TheOgreTyrant »

Also, put defined borders in between each pm to distinguish. Some members also change the color of the messages based on who sent it
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Both suggestions above are excellent.

My only advice at this point is to NOT WAIT and file with PayPal NOW.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
NathaninVic ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by NathaninVic »

Thanks, will fix later after work !
NathaninVic ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by NathaninVic »

Okay, so I couldn't edit my original post so here it is again in colour coded chronological order.

My pm's are in Green his are in Red.

As an update I've filed with Paypal but they won't be able to refund my money as I selected it to be sent as a Gift option (as the seller requested that I do so).

I guess I should be happy that this wasn't for a large trade or large amount of money and walk away from it as a learning experience, and to be more vigilant in my pming methods.

I hope no one else gets scammed by this guy, since he hasn't turned up since my last message on Bartertown I hope that's the case.

Star Wars RPG books

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:26 am
by NathaninVic
I am interested in your Star Wars books.

What is there condition ? And where abouts are you located ?

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:59 pm
by celestialkin
Hello!

Thank you for contacting me.

Aside from the covers which are a bit dirty I believe (i am not home right now) they Like New on the inside. So Very Good condition in all?

Feel free to call me if you would like to voice verify and discuss them. :)

Matthias Drake,
(407) 272 4445

Sent: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm
by celestialkin
Hi,

I forgot to mention I am in Central Florida. Orlando.

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 am
by NathaninVic
I just noticed that I will have to cover all shipping costs.

I'm still up for it, but if the costs are too high I may not be able to send you via paypal til the Thursday after next. I have a big gaming convention to go too this weekend and don't have tons of free cash.

Please let me know the rates to mail to my address. I would like to know the varying rates, I may be willing to pay for expedited or airmail depending on the costs.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 am
by NathaninVic
Heya,

I'm interested in both books, as long as they are intact with no missing or torn pages and if the binding is intact. Please let me know.

Your;

Star Wars d6 Core Rulebook
Star Wars d6 Imperial Sourcebook

For;

$10 ($5 each)

If your up for it I can send you some cash via paypal (I will need your paypal info).

I won't be able to send you via paypal until Wednesday or Thursday. If we have a deal I will pm you when I do.

My address is :
Nathan Patten
#2-945 Portage Road
Victoria BC V8Z 1K9
Canada

If you can pm me your address as well to confirm the deal, I will still need it for trade purposes.

Anyhow just let me know the required info please,

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 am
by celestialkin
Yes the books meet.those requirememts. :)

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 am
by NathaninVic
Okay.

I sent you another pm. Please let me know what the shipping will be and your paypal info and mailing address and after that we can seal the deal.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 am
by celestialkin
well, since they are books media mail would only be $4. Insurace would be optional at an additional $1.80.this.is expected to reach.you.by feb 5th if you live oin the continental usa.

Standard Pist be $13, and arrice the same as nedia mail.

Priority Mail would be.$16 and arrice the 30tg.

Expess would be $46 and would arrive the 29th.

Agaun insurance is your call on all of these for $1.80.

I require personal/gift option or for you to cover paypal fees.

My info:

Matthias Drake
bidyourjunkaway@gmail.com

Sent: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 am
by NathaninVic
Is the shipping you listed for both books or just for one ? And you do want this to be in US funds correct ?

I will have it entered as a gift in that case, so you won't get charged paypal fees.

Again, i won't be able to send you the payment til later this week.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:58 am
by celestialkin
Yup. That is for both books.

Also, later this week is fine. :)

Sent: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:13 am
by NathaninVic
Heya,

Just wanted to send you an update. I've been busy with work this weekend, and I've not had time to meet up with my friend to pay him to have money sent your way via paypal. I will be doing so this Tuesday/Wednesday.

I will PM you when I do.

Sorry for the slight hold up.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 am
by celestialkin
Hi,

No hurry, but I am just letting you know I still have them and they are packaged for you. :)

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:42 pm
by celestialkin
Thank you. I will ship them tomorrow. :)

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:45 pm
by NathaninVic
hahaha, you emailed me before I could email you :P

Thanks man, I will let you know when they arrive and when I leave feedback.

Nathan

Sent: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm
by celestialkin
Lol. I was confused for a minute when money just appeared.

Sent: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 pm
by NathaninVic
Heya,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still waiting on those books. By the end of this coming week it will has been the longest average length of time for them to arrive.

Did you have to declare them with a customs sticker ? Items can be tracked via that by the post to determine if they were lost.

Anyhow just wanted to update you and I will pm you again at the end of the week if they don't arrive.

Cheers,

Nathan

Sent: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am
by celestialkin
Hello,

I am SO SORRY!

I will refund your money within a few days. If it arrives please keep them anyway as an apology.

Sent: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:17 am
by NathaninVic
Well i will give it a few more days and let you know.

Nathan

Sent: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:48 pm
by NathaninVic
Heya,

I gave it another week and a bit but nothing has shown up.

If you could send that refund to skyhavengames@shaw.ca via paypal that would be great. Once I receive it I will pm you and we can exchange feedback so we get something out of this.

Let me know when you refund the $14.80.

Thanks,

Nathan

Sent: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 am
by celestialkin
Hey,

Please forgive the delay!

Will do. However, I get paid on the 2nd. I will do everything I can to refund you before then, though!

Sent: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am
by celestialkin
Hi,

Thank you kindly for your understanding. My money is coming in a a few days. I WILL refund you ASAP.

Your kindness in understanding is so appreciated. Thank you!

Sent: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:48 am
by celestialkin
Hey,

Another member I was dealing with told me he would also be patient and wait. He lied. I had sold something on ebay for cash to pay you back/finally ship your items to you and other people, but he made a claim shortly after saying he'd wait and needless to say when the money hit my Paypal it was already in the negatives and stayed there.

Feel free to give me bad feedback. I deserve it, but within a week or so I STILL will be shipping/paying you back regardless of anything!!! I am a man of my word!

Sent: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 am
by NathaninVic
Heya Mattias,

Well, that is sorta lame for you. I'm a bit confused here :

celestialkin wrote:He lied. I had sold something on ebay for cash to pay you back/finally ship your items to you and other people,

Do you mean you haven't mailed out already ? Because you stated you did at the end of January. If thats the case then I've been waiting over 2 months for something you haven't mailed out, that I have already paid you for.

Or did you just mean to type "pay you back/ship out items to other people" ? I'm pretty confused and would like some clarification.

So far you've not sent a trace on the deliverly like I suggested (which wouldn't be tons of effort as you just have to ask the post office to do so) and offered to refund my money but delayed it two or three times now, without much of an explanation until now of why.

Now I'm not going to go ballistic and file a police report through paypal (as something like this would be considered a fraudulant sale), but I am leaning towards posting a Bad Trader Report until this gets resolved.

I'd like to resolve this by
A)finding out where the parcel sent to me went
B)receiving a refund (if so please let me know what date you can "actually" do so on)

Please look into both and get back to me tomorrow.

Nathan

Sent: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 am
by NathaninVic
Heya Mattias,

I have given you an extra 20 days to pay me back and reply to my previous message. You haven't done so, but have been online since i have sent it out.

I understand you have been having difficulties with another trader but i need you to get back to me by Monday at midnight or i will be filing a Bad Trader Report and going through Paypal to get my money returned and to potentially lay down fraud charges.

Please get back to me and have this resolved immediately.

I have been extremely patient and forgiving so far but i am now past my patience, you have had months to resolve this and haven't.

Nathan
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

I would call Paypal and complain. Drop the line about doing it by accident, and you promise never to do it again. It has worked int he past for other users. Send them his string proving you were scammed byt he guy.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
NathaninVic ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by NathaninVic »

Sounds good.

When should I leave a Bad Trader Reference on the user's profile ?
Garlicson2 ( 84 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Garlicson2 »

You can go ahead a leave him one right now. Be sure to explain that you didn't get what was promised, and any other info that can be useful to warn other traders (Don't post his phone number or any of that however).

-Johnny
Couple of things to know when trading with me:

1. Lower rating ships/trades first (Me included), unless your ad states vice versa, NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. The price on my lot does NOT include shipping, unless my ad says otherwise.

3. I'm not good with shipping at the same time, so if our rating is the same, we should discuss who'll send first.

Other than that, I'm a easy going trader, so don't hesitate to make any offer, worst I can say is "No thanks".
celestialkin ( 36 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by celestialkin »

Please forgive me. I lost my home, ended up homeless, and in the psyche ward. This lead me to default on some trades.

You will receive your money shortly.
NathaninVic ( 74 )
BTown Regular

Post by NathaninVic »

Note for the moderators that I have been repaid by celestialkin in the amount of my original sale and was left owed feedback.

I'm happy with the result and this BTR can be considered to be resolved.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”