DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: DrunkenIrishDad/Brian Schmidt - No Reply/Goods Didn't Arrive

Post by MagickalMemories »

Skuttlespike wrote:He just said he emailed saying he lost the tracking number but will go down the post office tomorrow and get the info for me. I think it is just a case of being a very busy person and maybe a bit unorganised. So i think he's not a bad trader and this thread is a little unwarranted. thanks for everyone's help as well by the way. :)
he's not going to have any luck getting them to provide a DC# or tracking # or whatever on something he's already mailed out.

They'd have given him 2 copies of the #.
Copy # 1 would have been HIS portion of whatever form it was mailed out with (DC, customs, etc)... except that, as I think about it... you don't get a copy of all the customs forms... Only SOME have a senders copy.
Anyway...
Copy #2 would be the # printed on his receipt.
Any time you use a DC or send something international, your DC#/Customs form # is printed on the receipt they give you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Just an FYI... If he didnt send the parcel air. It could take like 6 weeks for delivery. I sent a parcel to the UK ground, because it was very heavy and saved me like $40. ($25 vs $65 shipping) It literally took like 5-6 weeks. I was complaining to Canada post and trying to figure out what happened and was looking for an insurance claim and then the guy PMs me and says it finally showed up. Ground shipments to the UK are not garunteed to reach the desination in any set limit of time. It goes to a container and waits until it fills up before it ships.

Hope this helps.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

He's given me very little information. I don't know how he sent it or anything related to the postage really. I made it clear in most message i think i wanted them fairly quickly and sent his package by air mail which should arrive in 5 - 8 days. He says it hasn't arrived yet so i shall message royal mail this evening and ask why it has taken so long seeing as it cost me around $80.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Skuttlespike wrote:He just said he emailed saying he lost the tracking number but will go down the post office tomorrow and get the info for me. I think it is just a case of being a very busy person and maybe a bit unorganised. So i think he's not a bad trader and this thread is a little unwarranted. thanks for everyone's help as well by the way. :)

if he doesn't have a receipt, they can't find anything for him.. if he has a receipt, there's a form he can file, for a fee, to tell him when it got delivered. but that's ONLY IF HE PUT A NUMBER ON IT, like certified or registered mail.

anything else..you won't get anything. there is no tracking numbers on envelopes...only certified. if it's a box, then he had to add delivery confirmation.. if he doesn't have the receipt showing the number, they can't tell him anything. if he does, then, for a fee, they can look it up.. and see IF it was scanned, and IF so when and where....d/c is only promised a scan at delivery, anytime else is just luck.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock... You're slipping, buddy. :wink:

This looks to be an international trade (note: "Royal Mail").

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

doh.. too many posts to follow...

well then there is no way, other than inusrance or registered to follow it....

hmm hope it was in/on that plane that crashed in/on the hudson river..if it was insured then, USPS will pay you for it being lost or damaged.. if not.. then, you're sol...

and almost every plane in the sky is carrying mail..
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

Sounds like a matter of just waiting it out then. It's been 14 working days since it was sent so every day it just comes closer to arriving. Shame about the tracking number, would have been a good piece of mind and generally useful. I'll post when/if it arrives and keep you updated.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Hopefully he can find the Customs tracking number.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

International tracking numbers are extremly pricey. I believe my last UK shipping was about $92 for a tracking number where Air was about $35 and Ground was $18. For a average sized box a little on the heavy side. If you didnt request and pay for it I doubt if your trade partner payed extra for it. I know I wouldnt have. If the package isnt there in 25 business days I would start worrying. Anything before that is a waste of time.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Norseman wrote:International tracking numbers are extremly pricey. I believe my last UK shipping was about $92 for a tracking number where Air was about $35 and Ground was $18. For a average sized box a little on the heavy side. If you didnt request and pay for it I doubt if your trade partner payed extra for it. I know I wouldnt have. If the package isnt there in 25 business days I would start worrying. Anything before that is a waste of time.
If he filled out a customs form and received a receipt, the customs form # will be on it. THAT # can be tracked at the USPS web site.... enough to prove that it was SENT, anyway (if the transaction was done with a clerk).

Eric

carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

MagickalMemories wrote:Two weeks is a long time for US to UK.

Canadian trades take a long time because things get held up at the border in Canada regularly.
That's why a lot of traders won't trade to Canada.

Eric
Yeah that and there isnt nearly the same recourse for dealing with bad traders either via the law. I know I stopped dealing the canadians due to one bad one.
Skuttlespike ( 0 )
Trade Novice

Post by Skuttlespike »

The package i sent to him has been returned to me due to spray paint being in the package. An expensive way to learn not to send that kind of thing. I have removed the spray paint and repackaged the models. I sent a latter to try gain a refund and they said they would give me a partial refund. I emailed DrunkenIrishDad and am waiting for him to reply. I think i'm going to wait until he gives me a tracking number till i repost these models seeing as i have been asking for almost a month and he's done nothing but apply the 5 d's of dodgeball to the question. So 3 days shorts of a month later and i have the models i'm meant to send him and i have no idea where the models he is meant to send me are if he has even sent me them at all.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

every usps post office has a poster/sign ups showing what can not get mailed. any type of aersol sprays, because they are explosive, are not aallowed to get mailed. [because everything goes on an airplane, and it's a FAA regulation].

all countries have regulations what can and can't get posted. i've posted a copy of the IMM, [international mail manual], the manual that lists what can and can't get sent to each country.
i've sent it to a couple admins/mods here, but none have tacked it to forums. [yet for 2 years xbox 360 warning is still there].

here it is again.. in casae anyone wants to tack it to the forums. HINT! HINT!

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immctry.htm

it lists every country, is alphabetized and has links to each country. very user friendly.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Aerosol/spray paint can be sent via ground shipment, correct?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

yup.. same with ammo, gunpowder and the like.. it might have a hazmat fee, like them also.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”