BTR: getupandgo

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Re: BTR: getupandgo

Post by ancientsociety »

Eppelwhat wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:41 am
Additionally, if you feel you have been cheated or scammed by GUAG, I also welcome a PM. <Admin Edit>
As someone personally acquainted with getupandgo, in both a personal and professional capacity, I will state for the record that I have never been scammed by him or his company. I am not directly associated or employed by GUAG and any issues we had with work I've done for them in the past have been handled in a respectful manner.

Though I am unaware of the details behind this particular transaction, I would caution you to be VERY careful about casting aspersions on his company because of a personal matter. It does not appear that he was doing business as <His Company> at the time of your transaction, nor was the transaction for any of its product. <His Company> is more than just getupandgo and its unnecessary and unseemly to drag the company into this BTR and I am surprised that the admins have not shut this nonsense down already. <Admin Edit>
Trading Guidelines:
1. Lower rating ships first - even if I am purchasing.
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
3. Refs are left upon positive receipt of goods, NEVER beforehand!
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
5. I trade NIB/new models at retail.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Thank you for your input. No aspersions have been cast. Please review the remainder of this thread.
ancientsociety wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm
Eppelwhat wrote:
Additionally, if you feel you have been cheated or scammed by GUAG, I also welcome a PM.<Admin Edit>
As someone personally acquainted with getupandgo, in both a personal and professional capacity, I will state for the record that I have never been scammed by him or his company. I am not directly associated or employed by GUAG and any issues we had with work I've done for them in the past have been handled in a respectful manner.

Though I am unaware of the details behind this particular transaction, I would caution you to be VERY careful about casting aspersions on his company because of a personal matter. It does not appear that he was doing business as <His Company> at the time of your transaction, nor was the transaction for any of its product. <His Company> is more than just getupandgo and its unnecessary and unseemly to drag the company into this BTR and I am surprised that the admins have not shut this nonsense down already. <Admin Edit>
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Looks like I edited out the relevant PII. getupandgo used one of his business entity's PayPal address for the transaction.
Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:24 pm
Thank you for your input. No aspersions have been cast. Please review the remainder of this thread.
ancientsociety wrote:
Eppelwhat wrote:
Additionally, if you feel you have been cheated or scammed by GUAG, I also welcome a PM. <Admin Edit>

Though I am unaware of the details behind this particular transaction, I would caution you to be VERY careful about casting aspersions on his company because of a personal matter. It does not appear that he was doing business as <His Company> at the time of your transaction, nor was the transaction for any of its product. <His Company> is more than just getupandgo and its unnecessary and unseemly to drag the company into this BTR and I am surprised that the admins have not shut this nonsense down already.<Admin Edit>
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

Eppelwhat wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:24 pm
ancientsociety wrote:
Eppelwhat wrote:

You seem to be doing everything in your power to dig up dirt on the company, which has nothing to do with this transaction, and you just so happened to "edit that out" until I brought it up. Very interesting coincidence.
Trading Guidelines:
2. If you agree to buy something, you have 72hrs. in which to pay. If payment is not received in 72hrs., I will automatically post a Non-Payment/Backout thread.
4. I accept Paypal & USPS money orders and charge for shipping AT COST. I make no profit from it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

ancientsociety wrote:
Eppelwhat wrote:

A.S. You and I go way back. We have (IMO) a great relationship. I respect you and your opinions greatly.
In this one case, I have to step back from that and put on my Admin hat.

Personal references are not valid in a BTR. All that would matter would be if you had first hand knowledge of the trade (you were with him when he packed and sent the box, can attest to the shipping weight, have the unaccounted for receipt, etc. While your opinions on referencing GUAGs business were, at first, well received, I find Epplewhat's reasoning to be solid. In his defense, he edited out ALL PayPal addresses.

GUAG's ref score is pretty solid. He's got a HUGE score and very few strikes against him. There's no denying that. But all of the evidence here points 100% in favor of Epplewhat and against GUAG. Not only has he not done so here, but in PMs between us, GUAG has avoided addressing the fact that the package he sent weighs the same as the one he received, though he claims the one he sent was much heavier. He's failed to produce his receipt, which would have the sending weight on it. Though the fault was clearly his own, he refused to cover return shipping or accept a proposal that (IMO) was quite reasonable on the part of Epplewhat. When he refunded Epplewhat's money, he did it in such a manner that Epplewhat ALSO had to pay the transaction fee. GUAG claimed to me that our way of deleting posts after a time caused him problems with this but, when I offered to have any post retrieved that he needs (we archive the site), he failed to follow up.
He's continually said he doesn't have time to deal with this and, because of it, has decided to just stop trading here. Sorry, man. I've been doing this a long time. Whatever positive relationship I've had with GUAG historically, you know I have to be neutral and give an unbiased opinion: Most of the problems I've seen have been firmly in GUAG's lap. Those issues I've had with Epplewhat's actions/knowledge has been listed earlier.

@Epplewhat:
Please send me the PayPal address you sent your payment to and received it back from via PM.

Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

MM, if you hadn't noticed, Eppleworth is quite clearly attempting to dig up dirt on GUAG's company via PM, which was why my personal reference in public was warranted. As someone with an established reputation here and a business as well, I take issue with a personal BTR being turned into a witch hunt by a member with an axe to grind.

Whether GUAG is guilty or not is not the issue, there are other people involved financially in his company and its patently immoral for this site to be used as a platform to gather anecdotal evidence of misdeeds by said company. If that's the road that the admins of this site want to take, then I'll see myself out as well, since I don't want my livelihood (and potentially the livelihoods of any employees I may have) threatened over a bad trade for toy soldiers.
Trading Guidelines:
ancientsociety ( 842 )
Millenium Trader

Post by ancientsociety »

Just saying there are other people who rely on these companies that have nothing whatsoever to do with this trade. Attempting to dig up dirt and disparage that company has far reaching effects that aren't commensurate with some guy losing like $50 on his toy soldiers.
Trading Guidelines:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

A.S., this is not the place for that conversation.
I invite, welcome and encourage you to start a discussion thread on it. I'll gladly discuss it there with you. But not here. We're always run BTRs the same way, and this is not it. Personal references, "me too's" complaining about someone ripping you off, and any other sort of pile-in posts are out of place in a BTR.

On topic: GUAG (at this point, allegedly) used his business PayPal account to accept the payment. HE (allegedly) involved the business at that point. In a court of law, depending on specifics, that could open his company to liability for any legal actions as well (NOT a lawyer, thus my lack of specific language indicating certainty).

As for the part starting with "If that's the road that the admins of this site want to take...," I won't discuss that here with you because it's not the place. If you put it in that thread or PM me privately - whichever you prefer, I'll be glad to discuss it in as much detail as you'd like. You know I'm reasonable and you know I have definite reasoning for all of my opinions. I'll say this much: If the site's "official" opinion ever disagreed with my own to the point that I felt like I'd be violating my own personal code of ethics, I'd resign my position, as well.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Okay, I am stepping in here now.

I have no qualms with any of you, and I have not been following (too) strongly with the BTR as the staff doesn't like to overstep when another staff member is helping on a BTR (things can tend to get mixed up, communication between parties, etc) but this is NOT the thread to have these discussions in. Anyone who knows me and my past administrative stances knows I am a by-the-rules guy. This thread is NOT the place for the current back and forth I am seeing and I am appalled that it has devolved in the way it has.

As per the rules set out for BTR's (and our site rules, seriously, read them!), this chatter and the sort is unacceptable. Therefore I WILL enforce administrative action. Any person to post in this thread in any sort of way on the matter (from this point on) who has not had a direct involvement with the trade at hand (or Bartertown Staff) will receive some temporary time off to reread the rules and cool down.

If you have issues with the site or it's admins, please direct that to PM. Specifically, direct that to Linrandir, the head Admin and site owner.

If you have issues with the trade at hand and whatever personal or professional opinions need to be expressed, direct that to PM. Whether that is MM, who is currently covering the BTR or myself, then see that you do it (or, again, Linrandir, the head Admin and owner of the site).

I understand this BTR has sparked a lot of emotions in people. I get it. But rules are rules, and I will be enforcing them if we can't be adults about it.

I have temporarily edited out all instances of GUAG's company. Doesn't really help anyone who's seen the thread already though, and, if it is deemed important to change back, I will do so. MY personal opinion on the matter of using work emails and such for business is not important to this thread. If I missed an instance of GUAG's company or anything related to the sort, PM me. Again, I stress that if the information of his company is deemed important to this BTR, I will go back and edit every instance, but until said time, the information will be kept edited out.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Note for all: There were a BUNCH of off topic and unnecessary posts of varying opinions that were posted here AFTER I said not to. I removed everything except 3eland's post above.

Now, to reiterate:
STOP IT. This is NOT a discussion post where everyone gets to chime in with their opinions. If you aren't INVOLVED with the BTR and have no FIRST HAND (i.e., "I was THERE") knowledge, then you should relegate yourself to the role of OBSERVER, please.

If you have something you think is applicable to the BTR, I suggest you run it by staff (if you aren't the OP or accused) just to cover yourself first... my patience has just about run out.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”