BTR - Sinphonite (Justin Mccord)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

T3tsuya ( 18 )
New Trader

BTR - Sinphonite (Justin Mccord)

Post by T3tsuya »

It's unfortunate that I have to file one of these but I've had a pretty terrible experience with this bartertown member.

Made a deal on the 26th of August to buy his convergence army for $200. He accepted, sent them out, and when they arrived here almost every model was broken in some way. The box was torn open, pieces missing or snapped in half, and the entire thing was packed with plastic toilet paper wrappings and other kinds of plastic bags and not much else. Everything was dumped into a pile and just sent on its way.

I told him that this was unacceptable and asked how he wanted to proceed. He fell of the earth until I mentioned that I filed a USPS claim. He reappeared and said he was open to helping and sorry that they arrived in that condition. Which was a relief but that was the last I heard from him and that was about 3 weeks ago. I filed a paypal claim to account for the damages. They've sent him 3 different emails and have given him two weeks to respond and he's not responded to them either.

==============================================================================================
Re: Convergence purchase
Sent: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:36 am
by T3tsuya

Paypal claim has been escalated. I'm sorry but I can't be the only one working to resolve this.
==============================================================================================
Convergence purchase
Sent: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:36 pm
by T3tsuya

Hey there. It's been over a week since I've heard from you about this and I'd like to put it to bed.

I opened a paypal dispute about this and I'm asking for less than half of the retail cost to replace these broken models as I'm willing to put in the hours to collect them from aftermarket since I know the only reason you sold all these is that you're having a hard time financially. I'm trying to solve this in a way that will work for everyone involved, but I can't do that by myself easily. I'll give you a few more days to answer me in any form, but if the theme with resolving this dispute is that I have to wait weeks without any communication I am going to have escalate it to paypal.

I'm sorry this happened and I know it's frustrating on everybody but I'm going to need your help in resolving this in a timely manner or I'm going to need to advance the dispute to get some results.
Re: H: Sizable Convergence army W: Emergency money [Lowered
Sent: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:29 am
To: Sinphonite

Not to be a nag or anything about this, but this has yet to be resolved and I would like a response from you about how you want to proceed. I am likely going to open up a damaged product claim with paypal just to have it on record. When you have the time, get back to me and let me know what you make of the situation. Ideally soon, thank you.
Sent: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:32 am
by T3tsuya

Hey there. So I went through USPS insurance, and they are only trying to pay out $50 for all the broken jacks. I am trying to show them through the retailer website that each heavy jack is $35 and each light jack borders around $10 and that I will have to replace each piece retail if I want to replace the whole model because they don't replace plastic model pieces. Still, they are not working with me. I appealed the decision and they denied it. I did it again and they told me to go in person.

I arrived at the Post Office and after about an hour of arguing to get help with this in person they pulled up the package and saw that it was only insured for $50, which is all they can give out unless you have proof you purchased additional insurance. Their suggestion was for you to go through the insurance claim process as the shipper if so. But if not, $50 is all they can do.

$50 isn't enough to replace even half the broken pieces. I asked them for $150. I know your situation was not great which is why you sold in the first place. If you want to fight them for the additional $100, you can do that. And probably with more success than I could. If not I'm going to have to work something out with you where I can get at least $100 back.

Keep me posted with what you want to do.
Sent: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:01 pm
by Sinphonite

Wow, yeah, that's a decent sized tear. Looks like it got battered quite a bit, it looks like a few of the corners started to buckle.

Alright, I'll gladly work with them on whatever I can, as well as see what else I can do on my end. I'm sorry again this happened.
Sent: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:53 pm
by T3tsuya

Parts of the corner of the lid frayed out and there's a hole big enough for pieces to have fallen out. The top of it is severely bowed like someone just straight sat on it or something.

http://i.imgur.com/dBpXzF0.jpg

I gave USPS the mailing address on the box, so they might follow up with you. Working with them is probably the best thing we can do for this right now. You did insure it, so it shouldn't be that huge a headache after they review it because of how obvious it is that the jacks are broken into pieces.
Sent: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:41 pm
by Sinphonite

Sorry for the delay, I've been without internet access for the last bit.

I am so sorry to hear they arrived like that. I'll usually pack things in layers like that with foam/cotton/plastic as long as they're going within the country with no problems aside from the odd appendage popping off, which is typical in shipping.

You said the lid had a severe bend parts may have fallen out of, was it no-longer taped along all of the edges? I'm always paranoid about that happening so I'll tape off all of the joining edges of the box.

Let me see what I can figure out on my end as well, for what I can do to reconcile this.
Sent: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:11 pm
by T3tsuya

Seeing as how it's been almost two weeks since shipping and I haven't heard back from you yet, I have opened up a damaged item claim with the USPS. As it was sent priority, it should be insured. I will follow up with them and paypal as needed and keep you informed on what's happening with the claim.
Sent: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:43 am
by T3tsuya

Hey again. Sending another message because I do really need a reply for this. I feel like the smartest thing to do if I don't get a reply is to open a claim but I know things have been kind of hectic for you over there so I'll give it a few days before I do.
Sent: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:01 pm
by T3tsuya

Hey there. The package got delivered sometime last week and I finally got enough time to go through it.

There really isn't any easy way to say this. The package was really not packed very safely. It kind of seems for the most part everything was dumped into a pile onto a sheet of cotton wool and plastic bags. By the time the army got here almost every single model was damaged in some way. Most of the jacks have their legs broken off. The perforaters have some arrows broken. Almost no light jack is intact. Flying bases are snapped. A lot of the minis have clean breaks at glue points, which would be fine if the pieces were in the box somewhere but the lid of the box arrived with a really severe bend and I'm wondering if some of the pieces flat fell out.

Some of the missing / broken pieces are metal and small so they're easily replaced somewhat cheaply with an order to the PP bits store. Others are plastic and I'm not strictly sure how to replace those.

Let me know what you think and how you're wanting to proceed. I know this is annoying for both of us.
Sent: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:39 pm
by Sinphonite

Oops, its: 9505 5161 4856 6244 0300 39

Not sure how I mixed up the first 9 and a 6, sorry about that. It's expected to be there Friday.
Sent: Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:11 pm
by T3tsuya

Hey there. Thanks for the update. I tried the tracking number on USPS' website and it said it wasn't valid. Can you get it tracking on your end?

Thanks again. Glad to hear everything's going well.
Sent: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:30 am
by Sinphonite

I am so sorry for the delay. Been a dead month for work so I've had nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs, and then as soon as I got a few thing lined up to do I got called to the other side of the state for work.

Just got home and ran it to the post office.

Tracking is: 6505 5161 4856 6244 0300 39
Sent: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm
by T3tsuya

Hey there. Was just wondering if everything got out without issue
Sent: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 pm
by Sinphonite

Thank you! I'll get those all packaged up as soon as I'm home from work tonight and get them out to you first thing.
Sent: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:20 pm
by T3tsuya

Sent! Thanks a ton. I'm glad we could work something out.

The shipping address is
[REDACTED]
Sent: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:43 am
by Sinphonite

If you could get me your shipping info I'll get everything packaged so I can get it out to you asap!
Sent: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:31 am
by Sinphonite

The ciphers all came from trades, so they only have the cipher bits. It's why when I was calculating MSRP on everything I was only counting them as 10.00/each.

Everything should be together pretty well. They were my main army, I just lost time to finish painting for a while. Then the game faded around me so they've been in a curio cabinet the last two years untouched.

Yeah, I can do 200.00 shipped.

My PayPal is: Sinphonitereborn@hotmail.com

Sent: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:59 pm
by T3tsuya

These are in pretty good shape. Do you still have the bits for things like the heavy warjack kits to make them into other jacks? I dont strictly think I need 5 ciphers but if I can magnetize them I think I'd have a lot more use for them.

If you can call this $200 shipped I can literally get you the money as soon as you send me a paypal address to send it to.

Let me know what you think.
Sent: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm
by Sinphonite

Here they are!

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Sinphon ... 20Closeups
Sent: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:28 pm
by Sinphonite

Sure thing! Just give me a few minutes to get better pictures up.

With the weight of all of the pewter, flat rating it at 18.75 will probably be the best bet.
Sent: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm
by T3tsuya

Hey there. Sorry to hear about your sudden life problems, I'd love to be able to help out by making a deal we can both be happy with. Can I get some pictures of the models please? And an estimate on what it would cost to ship to 85307?
Subject: H: Sizable Convergence army W: Emergency money [Lowered Pric

Sinphonite wrote:
Heyo. So, I've had a few sudden life problems come up, and am in need of quick money to be able to keep everything on and functional. So I'm having to part ways with a few things quickly and cheaply. Everything is built except where noted. Most is in the process of being painted in a conventional scheme.

For Warma/Hordes I have:

CoC:

Aurora
Syntherion
Lucant

Corollary

5x Cipher (Two have detached arms, included, I just had not put them on yet)
4x Galvanizer
4x Mitigator
1x Diffuser

4x Clockwork Angel Units
Eradicator unit
Perforator unit
Optifex Directive unit

Steelsoul Protector
Enigma Foundry
2x Attunement Servitor "Units"
2x Reflex Servitor "Units"
1x Accretion Servitor "Unit"
Transverse Enumerator

Paperback book, token set, and cards for everything. Edit: Just realized we've changed editions since the last time I played. All cards/book are MKII.

Overall pics here: http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Sinphon ... t=3&page=1

MSRP, with some estimating (Specifically counting the 4 sets of Cipher, Galvanizer, and Mitigators as discount battle boxes since that's how they're usually attained) is around 600.00.

I'd like to try to get 200.00 + Shipping, as that would be just enough to give me some breathing room. But I'll gladly take offers.

Thanks much!
Haight ( 422 )
Intarweb Batman

Re: BTR - Sinphonite (Justin Mccord)

Post by Haight »

Just a helpful hint: most of the admins (particularly Magical Memories - which is the one you want giving a helping hand the most!) won't read a BTR filed this way chronologically. If you can, repost in Top Down chronological order (meaning first PM first, last PM last, etc). It helps people read the flow, etc. I know its a pain, but its worth it to get the staff to really commit to helping out. A lot of resolved BTR's are due to the hard work of a small group of people on the site, and top-down chronological order helps them.

-- Haight
My Rules:

1) I accept paypal. Offers good for 24 hours.

2) My "$$ XYZ shipped" lot costs are only valid for continental United States. HI/AK and international shipping costs will be born by buyer. This will be reiterated in PM.

3) I only ship on Saturdays.

4) Trades: lower rating sends first. Sales: buyer pays first.

5) Don't waste either of our time, Read the Whole Ad.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”