BTR: CJM04002 (Christopher Murphy)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Admiral Underpants ( 14 )
BTown Regular

BTR: CJM04002 (Christopher Murphy)

Post by Admiral Underpants »

Hello,

First off, I will say that I am partially to blame, because I was not thorough in my investigation of these products, so I'm going to swallow my pride here a bit. However; I feel the seller was purposefully deceptive in an attempt to "get one over" on someone with low references, so I feel it's only proper to warn Bartertown and make this BTR thread. CJM04002 and I came to an agreement for 50 hammerers/Longbeards, 1 cannon and 3 zeppelins. After I paid him, he messaged me admitting that the cannon had been assembled. I inquired about the 50 Hammerers/Longbeards, which he then admitted that 10 of them had been assembled into Hammerers, but that the other 40 were NoS. He never made any mention of the Zeppelins. Which, as of today, arrived to my doorstep. When I opened the box, it was without a doubt disgusting. The Zeppelins had clearly been put together with Plastic Cement and then torn or cut apart. Many of the pieces are broken and are probably not repairable without further damaging the product.

Here is our PM History:
Re: W: Dwarfs H: Paypal
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 am
by cjm04002
Hello,

I am also dissatisfied with what age of sigmar appears to be. I have a large dwarf collection new on sprue or bare plastic assembled. Warriors with great weapons, newest hammerers/longbeards, cannon, grudge thrower, organ gun, crossbows and miners. ANy interest in picking up the lot?
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:28 am
by Admiral Underpants
I suppose it depends how much you're looking for and how many models you have for sale. I'm not looking to break the bank, since 8th edition probably wont be used competitively anymore. 

I'm really only interested in the following models you have:

- Cannon
- Grudge Thrower
- Hammerers

I could be persuaded to buy the whole lot, but the price has to be right.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 am
by cjm04002
This is what I have for dwarves

Dwarves
1 Cannon
1 Grudge Thrower
1 Organ Gun
20 Miners
2 Plastic runesmiths
70 Hammerers/Longbeards newest edition 
20 Dwarven warriors with great weapons
16 Dwarf Crossbowmen

Titan Forge:
3 Dwarf Zeppelins
1 Dwarf Lord on Shield Bearers 
1 Dward Battle Standard Bearer
1 Dwarf Engineer
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:06 am
by Admiral Underpants
That entire lot seems to be worth far more than I'm looking to pay. With that said, I'll entertain ideas. What are you looking to get for the lot? 

If not the entire lot, what would you like for the Hammerers/Longbeards, Cannon and 3 Zepplins. I may be interested in the Dwarf Lord on Shield Bearers from Titan Forge, but I've never seen the sculpt to know.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:23 am
by cjm04002
If you buy the lot I could do 50% of retail.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:38 am
by Admiral Underpants
There's no way I can purchase the whole lot... That's just way above my budget, I'm sorry. 

If you're willing to part some of it out, I'll gladly purchase enough to make it worth your while.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:24 pm
by cjm04002
How much were you looking to pick up?
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:33 pm
by Admiral Underpants
Zeppelins, cannons and probably 40 Hammerers.
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 pm
by cjm04002
That sounds pretty good. I figure I won't be able to sell off the entire lot anyways. Could you do $150? I'll look for the 20mm bases for the dwarfs. I'm pretty sure I have them. 

$12 for the cannon
$100 for 40 hammerers/longbeards newest models
$32 for the zeppelins. There are 3 zeppelins. 

Plus $6 for shipping.
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:20 am
by Admiral Underpants
Yeah, $150 is fine. Shoot me your Paypal information, and I'll try to get payment out today. I'm stuck at work a little late today, so if I don't get it today, I'll get it before the weekend. 

I have a friend that's getting into putting together miniatures. I'll forward him your PMs and see if I can't convince him to purchase some. He's really into the Dwarf lore stuff, too, so hopefully he'll bite.
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 am
by Admiral Underpants
Can I actually get that following:

50 Hammerers/Longbeards NoS
Cannon
3 zepplins

Instead of $150, I'll gladly pay $175 or $180 if the shipping is more.

Sorry for the last minute change. An old friend of mine was able to provide me with 30 Hammerers from his set, since he's moving to Age of Sigmar. So I'd like to get 50 from you, to be able to make 40 Hammerers total and then 40 Longbeards. Let me know, thanks!
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 am
by cjm04002
Hello,

Yes I can do that. $180 sounds fine now with the shipping. My paypal is cjm04002@hotmail.com. Please send it as a gift. 

What is your address?
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 am
by Admiral Underpants
My address is:

Anthony Servello
XXX
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:43 am
by Admiral Underpants
There is a mistake with the zip code, I'm not sure why I wrote xxxxx. 

My corrected address is:

Anthony Servello
xxxx
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:48 am
by cjm04002
I have them all packed up. Found the bases by the way. I'll send it out as soon as I receive payment. Remember, send it as a gift. 

Thanks.
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:40 pm
by Admiral Underpants
I'll be out of work at about 2pm EST... At that time I'll swing by the bank and deposit my check (Got paid today, woo!). You should see payment shortly after. I'll send you a message on here for confirmation and we'll go from there. 

Thanks for the quick responses, this has been a pleasant transaction.
Sent: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:38 pm
by Admiral Underpants
Hello, 

The payment was sent, at 2:36 pm EST, to cjm04002@hotmail.com (Christopher Murphy). Please let me know when you ship and any tracking number(s) associated with the package. 

Thank you, 

Tony
Sent: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 am
by cjm04002
Hello,

I will be sending out your order today. However, I looked over the my post and forgot to mention that the cannon is assembled but is bare plastic and comes with the crew. Is that going to be all right. It is the newest edition of course. 

Thanks
Sent: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:10 am
by Admiral Underpants
Yeah, I don't see that as an issue. As long as it's bare and has the crew I'm okay with it.

Are the Hammerers/Longbeards NoS at least? I assumed since you labeled them Hammerers/longbeards that you meant they are new on sprue and able to be made into either.
Sent: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 am
by cjm04002
Again i apologize 40 of hem are nos 10 are bare plastic assembled as hammerers. Newest rdition of course. Again sorry for this I'm usually so careful with my posts. I'm glad I caught this before I sent it.
Sent: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:48 am
by cjm04002
Sorry to bother you again but I just want to check to see if you still want to go through with the deal. 40 hammerers/longbeards are the newest edition new on the sprue. The cannon is assembled on a base with the crew on the base and 10 hammerers are already assembled. The cannon and the hammerers are bare plastic. If you are uncomfortable with this I can issue a full refund of course. I feel terrible that I wasn't more specific in my posting. I have a pretty good reputation on barter town and I want to keep it that way so I want to make sure you are satisfied with the deal.

Let me know.

Thank you.
Sent: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:43 am
by Admiral Underpants
Hello,

Sorry for the late response, I've been away for the 4th of July festivities. I'm more than okay with that. I was just more curious then anything, so I know what to expect. Go ahead and ship them. I'll leave a positive reference upon retrieval of the items. 

Thanks for letting me know!
Sent: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:54 am
by cjm04002
Good Morning,

No problem. I will send them out later today.

Thanks
Sent: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 pm
by cjm04002
Hello,

Just sent the package through the USPS. Your tracking number is 

Sent: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 pm
by cjm04002
Hello,

Just sent the package through the USPS. Your tracking number is 

We shared a few PMs about an Upcoming Grand Tournament, that I don't wish to slander by linking them to this thread, so I've left those PMs out. They have nothing to do with this BTR report. Then this final PM
Sent: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:48 pm
by Admiral Underpants
I received the package today... All I'm going to say is that I'm extremely disappointed in you. 

These zeppelins are completely trashed. It looks as though they were put together with plastic cement and then ripped or cut apart. They are in no way repairable in my eyes, without butchering the model further. Luckily for you, the Hammerers/longbeards and the cannon are in good condition. 

I suppose it's my fault, for not requesting pictures. I assumed that after I asked about the NoS stuff, you'd have explained that the Zeppelins were in rough shape. I probably would have still purchased them, just to be a nice guy and try to make it work, but your deceiving way of trading is absolutely disappointing. I will never do another trade with you. 

It's a damn shame...
I felt I was more than reasonable with him. I was accepting that mistakes happen, and 10x Hammerers being assembled really isn't worth getting all upset over when I already planned on making 10. However; when he had numerous chances to admit the quality of the Zeppelins, he clearly avoided them completely in an attempt to save his own butt... I'll be posting pictures momentarily.
I've been dealing with minis for years. Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Please refrain from treating me as such during our negotiations.

1. I support that the Lower Rating ships first, unless another deal is made.
2. I will take pictures of all my packaging and receipts during a trade. Please do the same.
3. I understand that "Real Life" happens, but please keep me in the loop if something takes place that hampers your ability to adhere to your agreements.
BTown Regular

Re: BTR: CJM04002 (Christopher Murphy)

Ridiculous 3.jpg
Ridiculous 2.jpg
Ridiculous.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been dealing with minis for years. Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Please refrain from treating me as such during our negotiations.

2. I will take pictures of all my packaging and receipts during a trade. Please do the same.
3. I understand that "Real Life" happens, but please keep me in the loop if something takes place that hampers your ability to adhere to your agreements.
hapotte ( 514 )
Millenium Trader

Post by hapotte »

Did he refuse to work something out with you about the broken zeppelin?
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'd be happy to see if I could help you work something out, but your PMs are in REVERSE Chronological order.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Um, are they supposed to be oldest to newest? Because thats what order they are in now.
BTown Regular

MagickalMemories wrote:I'd be happy to see if I could help you work something out, but your PMs are in REVERSE Chronological order.

Eric
Um... I've posted them exactly how I was told to, I'm sorry if it's incorrect?

Also -- He's messaged me stating that this is how the models were sent to him from Titan-Forge, and that if I'd like a refund I could ship the items back to him...etc...etc. I'm not interested in wasting my time or money, just so this guy can get these models back and try to sell them to some other unsuspecting person.

I'm going to write to Titan-Forge and actually see if they conduct business as Chris says they do. Maybe they'll simply provide replacements, after seeing the quality of this miniatures. I've ordered Dwarfs from them recently, and I've never seen models as trashed as these Zeppelins...

I wrote 3eland, and he believed I should write this BTR, to warn others and make sure this guy doesnt get away with selling more crap to people. It already looks like he's changed his post and it says "20 Hammerers/Longbeards" and describes them as NiB... If he had NiB, and that's what I originally wanted, why would he withhold them and try to sell the NiB ones? It's all just extremely fishy, and the Bartertown world needs to know of his deceptive ways.

BTown Regular

As I've said previously... I wasn't exactly worried about the Hammerers, because I planned on making 10 Hammerers anyways, but after receiving the 3 Zeppelins in their condition and seeing him post up his 20 remaining Hammerer/Longbeards as NiB is what made me upset. It seems this guy is purposefully deceiving people.

There is absolutely no way that I can order Dwarfs with no problems whatsoever and that his zeppelins came delivered like this to him. There is no way that this is just a casting issue they routinely have. They wouldn't have a business if this was the case.

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

You posted the messages correctly. Im sure mm was mistaken.

Indeed the admiral inquired with me concerning this trade.

Was there a second resolution that could be done?

Example: getting a refund and you keeping the models?

How many dwarfs total were assembled and how many Nos?

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

This may be relevant:

Attached is a link to a pic of all of the parts unpacked:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/orlando ... 5.jpg.html

from this Dakka post: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 68885.page

It would appear that the parts of concern are shipped that way. the glossy finish is sometimes the result of casting release or poor mixing of the media.
Skol!
BTown Regular

3eland wrote:
Was there a second resolution that could be done?

Example: getting a refund and you keeping the models?

How many dwarfs total were assembled and how many Nos?

Thanks,

Ryan
Of the 50, it seems 10 were assembled. Which is what he said, after I had paid him, would be the case... There are weapons and such off the sprue, but I'm fairly certain that happened in transit, so I have no issue with this. The problem I have, is that it seems he's relisted 20 more Hammerers/Longbeards "NiB"... If that's the case, I feel I could have 10 NoS ones to put together as I initially intended. I feel he's held onto the others to get more money for them. I'm not sure, it's just my belief based on the messages I've gotten.

I am completely shocked that the Zeppelins would be cast this way, and then shipped out by a company on a consistent basis. There are 3 of these, and they all look similar, yet different. I've ordered from Titan-Forge and the models I received were not like this at all (I bought 2 Dwarf Steam Guns). If Chris got a bad batch, I feel it would be up to him to notify someone before trying to sell them. Like I said, I'm in contact with Titan Forge (currently waiting a response), and I'll see if this is the "norm", if this is something that shouldn't of happened and they'll fix it and/or if I was deliberately deceived.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

NuWishA wrote:Um, are they supposed to be oldest to newest? Because thats what order they are in now.
Admiral Underpants wrote:Um... I've posted them exactly how I was told to, I'm sorry if it's incorrect?
This was my bad.
When I read your first message:
Sent: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:21 am
by cjm04002
Hello,

I am also dissatisfied with what age of sigmar appears to be. I have a large dwarf collection new on sprue or bare plastic assembled. Warriors with great weapons, newest hammerers/longbeards, cannon, grudge thrower, organ gun, crossbows and miners. ANy interest in picking up the lot?
I thought, "This looks like it must be the end of the PM string, since he's talking about being dissatisfied." Then, at reading it and looking a bit further into the PMs, I said, "Oh. No. It just looks like he's left off the beginning of the conversation. That needs to be mentioned."
Then I hit the "Post Reply" and replied with the wrong thing. LOL
Sorry 'bout that. I was out for a couple weeks and am rusty. :mrgreen:

So, to correct myself... It looks like you did not include the entire PM string. The first PM posted is pretty clearly NOT the first in the string. Please, post the missing PMs.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
BTown Regular

Yes, it is indeed the first PM in the string.

He messaged me commenting about my Forum Topic, where I stated my dislike of Age of Sigmar. It's located in the Warhammer Fantasy forum if you'd like to read for reference. I can also take a screen shot and post it here, if you'd like.

BTown Regular

Hey all... So I'm extremely annoyed and frustrated with Age of Sigmar. Quite frankly, it reminds me of Warmachine and 40k mixed together, except not nearly anything that us Fantasy guys want. With that said, I'll be protesting and wish to purchase some Dwarfs to remain playing 8th edition Warhammer.

I'm looking for:

Dwarf Army Codex (I will only buy this at an extremely good price, given it's now OOP)
Ironbreakers
Irondrakes
Grudge Throwers
Bolt Throwers

Since 8th edition is pretty much not going to be used competitively, I'd prefer not to pay 80% of retail. If you have these models, and would like to offload them before AoS releases, please contact me and we'll make a deal that's fair for us both.
This is my original forum post W: Dwarfs H: Paypal on the Warhammer Fantasy Forum, to which he contacted me in regards to.

BTown Regular

Spoke with Titan Forge... They believe it's unlikely that the models came in this condition, but that they have had issues with mold stuff in the past. They don't believe that this is the case, but also can't rule it out. They pretty much wont do anything, since I am not the original buyer.

I'm going to chock this up to poor communication. All I will say, is that after this guy reposted his Hammerers/Longbeards as NiB or NoS after selling me 10 assembled minis, I believe people should trade with him with extreme caution. Ask 100000 questions and make sure these clown doesn't take advantage of you either.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”