BTR: Truthgrit, Jason Ticknor, Jason Tick, Sara Wroble(W)ski

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Re: BTR: Truthgrit, Jason Ticknor, Jason Tick, Sara Wroble(W

Post by blackspade »

It would be helpful if 'Sara' could post all pictures of damage that was found upon receipt of the original package. The four pictures presented don't seem to accurately demonstrate the pervasive damage that Truthgrit is insinuating. Likewise I would like to see the exterior box shots of the returned box and even the whole video.

There is so much wrong with this trade it's stunning.
Skol!
truthgrit ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by truthgrit »

truthgrit ( 76 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by truthgrit »

I'd also be happy to speak with any moderator tomorrow directly by phone.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Thanks for posting that. I can't see where customs might have opened it.
Do you have other shots of the interior packing and figures?
Skol!
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

truthgrit wrote:I'd also be happy to speak with any moderator tomorrow directly by phone.
How about you start by answering my direct question.

You can PM me your contact info.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Still waiting on responses from both parties.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Bonzii ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bonzii »

The list of damage:
Bastion Seneshchal- All pieces actually made it back, which is contradictory to what Jason told me at the beginning of February. The red text below this list was his assessment back then, where he clearly stated the Bastion was "missing shoulder pads." His halberd is completely destroyed though, and will need to be replaced, or the pieces put together with a rod. The bastion does have a spike that is bent on his left shoulder, this kind of an impact .... well I don't see how he could have received that in the package.
Blessing of Vengeance- All the pieces are there, the spear bent back to straight without breaking off, but will need to be reinforced with some low heat or cut and pinned. As he showed up in multiple pieces I am surprised nothing was missing from him.
Tristan Durant- This is the kickstarter version, he is missing the stacks from his backpack. As these parts do not appear in the parts store, this model is probably a write off since its incomplete and the pieces can't be ordered to make it complete.
Temple flame guard- Two spears were snapped. One at the front and into two pieces, its a weird break but will be pinnable. The other was broken at the back, also pinnable; but I don't think it happened while in transit.
Choir of Menoth- Some of the staves were bent a little, but bent back perfectly fine. One will need to be pinned back on. The one menofix that I had pinned on the night before I shipped things out was off of the staff, and was probably due to the glue not being set completely before shipping.

So here's where we are at. The Bastions weapon is completely screwed. He's missing shoulder pads.
Tristens weapon I think I can bend back.
Blessing of Menoths spear is cracked.
One Temple Flame Guard spear can not be fixed
Two I think I can bend back, 1 if I try to bend it back may crack, so possibly two down in that unit.
My apologies on the Choir, I think three of them are probably going to be fine.

truthgrit wrote:
Bonzii wrote:your reply is to post pics of models that I originally thought were damaged by customs.... and which I now believe were probably damaged by you in order to scam me.
Okay, whatever Jason.
Here is a pic of Blessing of Vengeance as he arrived, this pic is taken out of the video I made while unboxing.

If you notice, according to your own posting, you attempted to keep the Menoth, and gain $400 as well because supposedly the items being damaged by me...

yet I was the one attempting to rip someone off here?
Actually no, I was not attempting to keep the Menoth, and never said I was. I am of the opinion that "you break it you bought it" applies. Thus the Menoth stuff you broke would have been shipped back to you upon receiving payment.

Now, if Truthgrit/Jason/Sara would please make a public declaration of who he is that would be great, that question has been avoided long enough.
"Cryx is simply misunderstood by most of the rest of Immorean, it does not wish to expand or conquer the world, its goal is to simply heal a dragons broken heart."

--This message brought to you by the Skell ministry of Tourism.
Bonzii ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bonzii »

Just clarifying what the quoting of quotes should have looked like, the above post looks odd and I don't really want to edit a post in this kind of a thread.
Also sorry for the delay in replying with the list of damage, it has been a busy couple of days.
truthgrit wrote:
Bonzii wrote:your reply is to post pics of models that I originally thought were damaged by customs.... and which I now believe were probably damaged by you in order to scam me.
Okay, whatever Jason.
Here is a pic of Blessing of Vengeance as he arrived, this pic is taken out of the video I made while unboxing.

If you notice, according to your own posting, you attempted to keep the Menoth, and gain $400 as well because supposedly the items being damaged by me...

yet I was the one attempting to rip someone off here?
"Cryx is simply misunderstood by most of the rest of Immorean, it does not wish to expand or conquer the world, its goal is to simply heal a dragons broken heart."

blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Bonzii,
It would also be nice if you would post pictures of the box and packing that was returned to you.
Truthgrit posted a couple of pics of the box that s(he) received, and it doesn't appear that it was opened by customs.
It would also be nice if s(he) posted the other pictures of damage that were stated to have been taken.
Both of you need to lay your cards on the table so that the mods can make informed decisions about fault and resolution.

There is a lot wrong with this trade overall, from potentially bad packing, hyperbolic statements, assertions to 'bartertown policy', and the like.
Skol!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, truthgrit has been banned.
S/he's logged in as recently as today without replying to the thread.
Next time s/he logs in, s/he'll see this:
You're not bothering to respond re: your identity. We're presuming you're Jason Ticknor (a scamming f***ing *edit*). If we're wrong, email linrandir@bartertown.com. Be prepared to prove your identity. If we're right...just GTFO & stay there.
Note: The ban message is not censored.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Admiral Underpants ( 14 )
BTown Regular

Post by Admiral Underpants »

To think I almost agreed to a trade with him/her a few weeks ago...

I'm glad I dodged that bullet. Sorry for your rough time Bonzii. I'm also new to this site, but in my short experience (2 trades) I can say that protecting yourself should be the #1 priority.
I've been dealing with minis for years. Just because I'm new here, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Please refrain from treating me as such during our negotiations.

1. I support that the Lower Rating ships first, unless another deal is made.
2. I will take pictures of all my packaging and receipts during a trade. Please do the same.
3. I understand that "Real Life" happens, but please keep me in the loop if something takes place that hampers your ability to adhere to your agreements.
bocatt ( 42 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by bocatt »

I assume that rather than starting an additional thread, it would be best to add more evidence here so that it can all be found in one place? I conducted a purchase with truthgrit and the name Sara W not setting off any red flags and all trade references posted being good, I proceeded with the transaction. If a mod could confirm that I should post here or recommend I start a new thread, I will be happy to present my own evidence.

Cheers,
Ethan
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Guys,

"Me toos" are strictly prohibited in BTRs. If you have your own complaint, start a new BTR.

If not--and everything went well--then please refrain from diversionary comments.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
Bonzii ( 36 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bonzii »

Thanks for banning him Eric, I am sure the whole community appreciates him not being around.

I guess I may as well start repairing the menoth items so I can relist them. I doubt that Jason will be coming back now to save the truthgrit account if he hasn't tried by now.

I would like to say sorry to all the traders in Milwaukee and Greendale (¿Is that the correct town his mother lives in?) Wisconsin, everyone should be really careful shipping to there as apparently this guy just keeps coming back.
If some people from his local area could make his life miserable by oh lobbying his LGS to ban him for his online actions then maybe he would realize that Internet actions can have real life consequences. A ban at his LGS may get his attention, legal trouble seems not to have bothered him in the past.

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

If you have actually been defrauded of anything, then you should contact the PD as well.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”