BTR buffaloxl

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

BTR buffaloxl

Post by Glasswalker21 »

Ok, still fairly new to Bartertown so please bear with me if I mess this up. Have had several great trades already and it's too bad I already had one go south so early on but such is life. This all started in December of 2013 and at this point I've pretty much given up on ever getting anything resolved. I would have posted this report sooner but having just had a baby the stealing of my toy soldiers got moved to the back burner.

Anyways, I spoke to Grayson and we worked out a deal where I would be sending him some Cyganr models (about $150 bucks worth) and he would be sending me $180 bucks worth of Skorne. Communication was great at first, I shipped first as I have a lower rating. He confirmed they arrived via BT about a month after I shipped so I guess US to Canada just takes a while. After saying he was shipping my models out all communication then ended and I have yet to hear anything else. I sent multiple pm's through bartertown as well as tried to contact at his email and through facbook with no response. He's logged into the website and seen my PM's so at this point I think it's safe to assume he won't be sending anything. Not to mention I've purchased the models I was interested in from other traders on the site since our last contact. He also has an open deadbeat thread which I will link at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: H:$$, Skorne W: Cygnar, CoC, Farrow
Sent: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:30 pm
by Glasswalker21

Hello, I was wondering if your skorne were still up for trade? I have a decent sized Cygnar force I'm looking to trade.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 am
by buffaloxl

Some of the Skorne are. After I'm off work I'll get you a list of what's left
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:44 pm
by Glasswalker21

Evening, just wondering if you had a chance to see what you had left on the skorne? Just trying to plan out some x-mas purchases, thanks in advance and sorry to be a pain.
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 pm
by buffaloxl

I have:

eHexeris
Xerxis
eMorghoul
pMorghoul plastic
1 titan gladiator plastic
2 Cyclops savage plastic
Hakar the destroyer
4 pain giver beast handlers
1 archidon
Aptimus marketh
6 immortals
6 farrow slaughterhousers
Saxon orik
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 pm
by Glasswalker21

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=220794&p=412402#p412402

Thats a link to my post with what Cygnar I have for trade if you want to see what I have available. I would be interested in

Xerxis
1 titan gladiator plastic
Hakar the destroyer
4 pain giver beast handlers
1 archidon
Aptimus marketh
6 immortals
Saxon orik

Please let me know if I have anything that catches your eye.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:58 pm
by buffaloxl

I am most deffinetly interested. I'll go through here and find some stuff. Do we want to do retail for retail?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 pm
by Glasswalker21

Retail for retail would be fine, let me know what catches your eye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 pm
by buffaloxl

So I've got a proposal for you. Everything you listed comes to 181 retail. I've picked out some stuff that comes to 145 retail. I'd be willing to do that. I don't care if the trade is in your favor, I don't want to take anything I won't use. How does this sound to you

Lord Stryker
Stormclad
Stormbaldes full
Storm gunner
Storm blade ua
Squire
Journeyman warcaster
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 pm
by Glasswalker21

I think that looks like a pretty good deal, just to make sure you saw where I posted that the squires leg is slightly miscast? I can provide a pic if needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 pm
by buffaloxl

That's perfectly fine. Usually I suggest we take care of our own shipping, it's just easier that way. Are you familiar with the general rules of bartertown shipping, given that your new here?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 pm
by Glasswalker21

As I understand it USPS with delivery confirmation and I ship first?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 pm
by buffaloxl

That's exactly right. And I get everything packed up and ready to go then it goes in the mail as soon as yours gets here. Sound like a trade to you?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:47 pm
by Glasswalker21

Yep, I'll try and get it packed up and sent out tomorrow. This is my work address, kids are always stealing boxes of the porch this time of year.

Tony Hahn
Arlington TX *****
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:53 pm
by buffaloxl

My home address is

Grayson Walker
Prince George, BC ******
Canada

Pleasure doing business with you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:33 pm
by Glasswalker21

Got em boxed up, will be in mail tomorrow, if you have any questions or issues when they arrive please just shoot me an email before sending off the skorne
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 pm
by buffaloxl

Will do. Thanks for the awesome fast turnaround
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:53 pm
by Glasswalker21

OCD makes people productive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:23 am
by Glasswalker21

Mini's are shipped, apparently Canada is being guarded by some form of dragon since priority was gonna be half the cost of the minis, I sent it regular post so it might be a week or two, if you have any questions in the mean time please shoot me a message.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 am
by buffaloxl

Thats fine, no rush. They will get here in due time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:52 pm
by Glasswalker21

If you don't see the mini's tomorrow I would expect them to arrive sometime early in the week, let me know once they get there if it looks like anything is missing or if you have any questions.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm
by buffaloxl

For sure. Things may be delayed a day or two on the local side of things. We have had record snowfall in the last couple days, like 2-3 feet, so everything is kinda slow here right now
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:19 pm
by Glasswalker21

Just checking to see if the mini's arrived yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:09 pm
by Glasswalker21

I PM'd you the other day, not sure if you saw it, have the mini's arrived yet and if they have were there any problems with them? I know the weather has been crazy but they should have made it by now I would think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:34 pm
by buffaloxl

Sorry for the long response been away from the house for Christmas a lot. The minis arrived just before Christmas but because of the holiday Canada post was taking there sweet ass time getting them to me. They tried to deliver but I wasn't here and then they lost it in the system till after Xmas. I just got them a day ago and they all look awesome. Yours is on the way
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:16 pm
by Glasswalker21

Thats great to hear and please don't worry about the delays, it's been insane all over. I just wanted to make sure the blizzards hadn't eaten em. :-D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm
by Glasswalker21

Hello, just wanted to check and see if you had a tracking number or rough date of delivery on the mini's? I know the weather has probably caused some delays but they should be here pretty soon I would think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:32 am
by Glasswalker21

It's been over a month since you said you shipped the items, they have not arrived and I haven't gotten a response from you through this website or facebook. If there is some kind of major life event happening on your end I'm sorry but at this point I'm just going to have to assume you're attempting to rip me off. I'm going to give it one more week and if the models haven't arrived or you still haven't contacted me to explain what happened and provide proof of shipping then I'll have no other choice but to move forward with legal action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the link to his deadbeat thread viewtopic.php?f=45&t=222965

As I understand it that is still not resolved. Thanks in advance for any help and if the mini's are just gone then oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it and I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience on my side.
Chris33 ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Re: BTR buffaloxl

Post by Chris33 »

You may want to leave a negative reference with a link to this thread. It will help to warn others who may want to trade with him.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

More to come, if I can find anything you don't have already, but I just wanted to address this...again...
Glasswalker21 wrote:Re: H:$$, Skorne W: Cygnar, CoC, Farrow
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 pm
by Glasswalker21

I think that looks like a pretty good deal, just to make sure you saw where I posted that the squires leg is slightly miscast? I can provide a pic if needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 pm
by buffaloxl

That's perfectly fine. Usually I suggest we take care of our own shipping, it's just easier that way. Are you familiar with the general rules of bartertown shipping, given that your new here?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 pm
by Glasswalker21

As I understand it USPS with delivery confirmation and I ship first?
Sent: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 pm
by buffaloxl

That's exactly right. And I get everything packed up and ready to go then it goes in the mail as soon as yours gets here. Sound like a trade to you?
If anyone ever tells you that it's Bartertown rules that the lower rated trader ships first, they are full of CRAP.
Our rules have NOTHING to say about who ships first. It *is* a common convention that most traders, especially the established/proven ones, follow... but it is no way, shape or form endorsed by Bartertown as anything remotely official... and I don't think it ever will be.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Glasswalker21 wrote:Re: H:$$, Skorne W: Cygnar, CoC, Farrow
by buffaloxl

My home address is

Grayson Walker
Prince George, BC ******
Canada

Please, provide HIS entire address (you can keep yours edited.

Thanks.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I still need you to provide the address, per above, but I did find this:

https://www.facebook.com/buffalo.walker?fref=ts

Buffalo.Walker@hotmail.com

Here's a gaming group he's a member of:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2322604329/

And another:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/103703309697887/

Yet another:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/346884885386773/

He's a member of a lot of gaming groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/38660572285/

A Facebook Wargame trading site he's part of:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/356409967719788/

First, I advise that you join every one of those groups that are open to join. Then post a quick note asking if anyone has seen or talked to him & that you're trying to find him so that you can get a portion of a trade that he hasn't sent after having received yours. Make no accusations. BRIEFLY state the facts only.
On those you can't join openly or those that are stricter (there's one above that seems to meet that criteria, at least), message the page Admin and ask for their help in contacting him (and tell them why).

Here is a list of his friends with the last name "Walker." It stands to reason that at least SOME of them will be related to him:
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.m.walker.969
https://www.facebook.com/hurrayforhelmets
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwalker222
https://www.facebook.com/William8020192
https://www.facebook.com/mat.walker.92
https://www.facebook.com/jilly.moorhead
(This one might be his wife, as she's got wedding pics on her profile and is a member of a couple of the same gaming groups)
edit - It's his wife. Check out these pics:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/jilly.moorhead ... 351&type=3

I'd contact all the "Walkers" above -especially his wife- with the same general message as for the groups I linked earlier, and I'd also send HIM a Facebook message, letting him know what actions you've made so far. I'd send him an identical email at the address I provided earlier.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Eric

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Post by Glasswalker21 »

Thanks for the help with that, I didn't post the address since I wasn't sure how appropriate that would be. I'll start trying those links tonight. Thanks again and hopefully something comes of this.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Glasswalker21 wrote:Thanks for the help with that, I didn't post the address since I wasn't sure how appropriate that would be. I'll start trying those links tonight. Thanks again and hopefully something comes of this.
It's very appropriate.
It's a requirement.
Please, post the address.

I hope you have some luck with the links.

Eric

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Post by Glasswalker21 »

Here is the copy of the PM with his address

-------------------------------------------------------------
by buffaloxl

My home address is

Grayson Walker
711 Douglas Street
Prince George, BC V2M2M5
Canada

-----------------------------------------
I'm in the process of trying to make direct contact through the links you found right now.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I didn't find HIM, but I did find some neighbors.
Bob & Shirley Michaud
(250) 563-2084
719 Douglas St
Prince George, BC V2M2M5
In a pinch, you could always reach out to them for help.

Eric

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Post by Glasswalker21 »

Just wanted to give a quick update, I've reached out through both Facebook and his personal email, no response yet. I'll let ya'll know if something changes.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Glasswalker21 wrote:Just wanted to give a quick update, I've reached out through both Facebook and his personal email, no response yet. I'll let ya'll know if something changes.
if I was in your shoes, I'd give him 2 days, TOPS, and start contacting all of the people in the other links I posted. Someone is bound to help.

Eric

Glasswalker21 ( 46 )
Trade Novice

Post by Glasswalker21 »

Well I've gotten no responses from the guy and at this point it's been long enough where if he was going to try and make it right I would think he would have. I'm going to chalk this up as a lesson learned and would recommend that anyone trading with him in the future to require he ship first. Real shame that it happened like this but at least all my other trades have been great so far. Thanks for trying to help get it resolved.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

So, you're just going to let it slide?

You realize, that's why people do that stuff. Right?

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”