Bad Trader - Jason Ledick (Swapfantasy)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

cypherl ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Bad Trader - Jason Ledick (Swapfantasy)

Post by cypherl »

I. Introduction
I proposed a trade with Jason. He counter-offered, and we both agreed. Messaging was relatively amicable and timely. I had no problem shipping first, and did so. I gave him the tracking number immediately. I checked by the tracking number for when the package was delivered and after some time messaged him about when he would send his side of the trade. He did not respond in a timely manner. Eventually he did respond, saying that he had shipped. This was a lie; he said he shipped on Nov. 17, when in fact he shipped on Nov. 19, as shown by the messages. He misled me to believe that he had shipped his side of the trade when in fact he was only shipping back my side of the trade without packaging. He claimed that my package had arrived to him with many of the models broken and said he would supply pictures as proof. I asked that he send these pictures, and again, communication was lost. I waited more than a week until I eventually gave him a bad reference. That same day, today, he retaliated by giving me a bad reference. He responded that he is unable to send the pictures as proof. He even lies in his reference by saying that I complained about shipping first; I never complained about shipping first, and in fact agreed to do so in an agreeable manner and gave him the tracking number as soon as it was shipped. Besides the inherent lie in the reference he left me, it is also dubious due to the fact that he only left it after I gave him one, and as well, he retaliated in the same manner against Fool Injected. I hope his retaliatory reference is removed; it is obviously retaliatory as he refers to it as an 'Exchange' in the first sentence of his second-to-last post.

II. Proof
Here is the message log with the most recent post at the top:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:44 am
To: cypherl

I NEVER lied, I said I shipped, I just didn't say I shipped you back the crap you sent me. IDK who you're trying to fool here brother. You know AS WELL as I do, that those models were competely trashed. You have the advantage that my uploading ability is screwed on the pics, but stop acting ridiculous here man. Plus you wrapped them all in paper towel. So they didn't break in shipping. They were broken on your end.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 am
by cypherl

You lied about when you said you shipped, and therein misled me that you had shipped your side of the deal, when in fact you had shipped mine. You also did not supply me those pictures that you mentioed when I asked for them. I gave you ample time, but you failed to respond.
Sent: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 am
by Swapfantasy

Exchanged. I love that you included "lied several times". LOL lied about WHAT? Your models being broken? You really think what? I sat there, broke each individual goblin and then sent them back? Please.
Sent: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:39 am
by cypherl

*pictures
Sent: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:38 am
by cypherl

Yes, send me the picks.
Sent: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:27 pm
by Swapfantasy

I shipped back exactly what I got. Im sorry but the package you sent me had almost EVERYTHING broken in it.
Every Goblin that wasn't from BR was broken in half, half of their bows were broke.
Almost every goblin spider rider had a broken off spear.
The orc warboss on boar had a broken arm, I started to repair it and shook my head reboxed it up and sent it back.
I was giving you a very good deal, infact almost 100$ OVER the value of the stuff you were supposed to ship.
You should of at least let me know the condition they were in as I assumed they were at least MOSTLY together.
I did take a few pics while unwrapping the stuff if it's an issue.
Sent: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:03 pm
by cypherl

Hey, what happened? You shipped back my stuff broken, and with no packaging?
Sent: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:30 pm
by cypherl

Ok, great, I see it. Thanks
Sent: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm
by Swapfantasy

item was picked up today by USPS tracking number 9505 5000 0654 3323 0000 64
Sent: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:22 am
by cypherl

Hi, you said you had shipping info to send? Did you have a tracking number? Thanks
Sent: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 am
by cypherl

Awesome, I can't wait. Thanks for updating me.
Sent: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:13 am
by Swapfantasy

shipped this morning, Im on my phone. I have shipping info at the house. Will shoot ya a message when Im back.
Sent: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:25 pm
by cypherl

Hey, have you gotten a chance to ship yet? Thanks
Sent: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 am
by cypherl

Ok, no problem. Thanks for letting me know.
Sent: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 pm
by Swapfantasy

no, I just got your package today. Shipping tomorrow or Saturday latest. Usually how the site works, is whoever has less feedback ships first, once recieved the other person ships
Sent: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm
by cypherl

Just checking, have you shipped yet? Thanks.
Sent: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:09 pm
by cypherl

By the way, I just threw in the other goblins with banners and a piece of scenery because I figure I can't use or trade them anyway, just so you know when you unbox and find them(it's not instead of the stuff we agreed upon, that's all there too!). Your stuff should arrive today, hopefully.
Sent: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 pm
by Swapfantasy

your stuff has been boxed up
Sent: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:24 pm
by cypherl

Jason,
Your package is shipped, and scheduled to arrive on Thursday, 11/14. Your tracking number is 9114901159815053096142.

Thanks,
Me
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:26 pm
by Swapfantasy

Jason Ledick
203 S. 64th St.
Milwaukee WI 53214

outstanding.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:58 pm
by cypherl

I think they're old warbosses maybe.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:54 pm
by cypherl

Ok, then. By the way, I am not sure if both of those orcs are warbosses, I think one might be a Boar Boy based on what the pictures on the gw site look like. Can you tell by the pics I made? So I think the post office is closed today, but give me your address and such, and I'll have it out tomorrow. I'll message you the tracking number asap.

Thanks,
Me
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:33 pm
by Swapfantasy

Ok, how about we do this

Grey Knight Termis
Wraithguard box
Incubi box x2

for
70 Gobbos
16 Spider riders
2 Warbosses on boars?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:09 pm
by cypherl

I still can't tell if you are ok with that deal. Would you trade just the box of terminators and 1 box of wraithguard for it all?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm
by cypherl

Ok, so that's a deal? So my mailing address is:

Me
(Address)

Send me your info and I'll get that package shipped tomorrow, thanks.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:28 pm
by Swapfantasy

GOOD deal, Im fine with, which is usually a 15-20$ maybe slightly more in your favor, not 100 lol :)
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:05 am
by cypherl

Can I throw in all the rest too for those 3 boxes?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 am
by cypherl

Ok, wasn't sure since you said a good deal or something. They are the ones that came with the dwarves, so I think that's the starter set. So how about the box of terminators, 1 box of incubi and 1 box of wraithguard?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:55 am
by Swapfantasy

Eish, that's REALLLLLY heavy on my side bro.... thats 270 of product on my side.
Gobbos are 35 for 20? x3 105
Spider Riders are 10 for 35? x2 70. So that would be PLUS 100 on my side of the fence,
ontop of that, you didn't mention if they were starter set ones or not, which you can find on ebay for PRETTY cheap.

You can get 35 of em on ebay for 25 bucks. Not trying to beat ya up here or anything,

BUT I think I'd offer like 2 boxes of wraith guard and 1 other?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:12 am
by cypherl

So, thats 70 goblins and 16 spider riders. That for the box of terminators, 2 boxes of wraithguard, 2 boxes of incubi, and 1 box of wracks? We each pay our own shipping, priority 2 day? That comes with a tracking number.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:59 am
by Swapfantasy

Im interested in the 47 with spears
23 with boys
16 Spider riders

a good deal, the rest I could use but def not a must have
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 am
by cypherl

Ok, I am interested in all of that. Here are the goblins that I have:
47 goblins with spears(one has a bent spear)
23 goblins with bows
2 orc warbosses on boars(1 of them is a boar boy?)
2 trolls(1 stone troll with bone club, the other is stone troll with a big rock)
16 forest goblin spider rider(4 are missing the tops of their spears)
10 goblins with banners/standards
1 goblin wizard(not really sure what he is, but he is the one by himself in his own picture with spear, and red moon staff)
1 squig(can be a part of a squig herd I think)
1 squig monster thing(with the long arms, couldn't tell what it is)
imgur link to the pics:
http://imgur.com/a/Tea5R
They are mostly unpainted, all assembled. Besides what I listed above, here is another spider rider and base, but unglued, as well as another spider, but without base or rider, 3 more goblin archers and their bases, just need gluing, one goblin missing an arm with base, and an orc with no arms. I will look for some bitz too. Let me know what you think, thanks.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:13 am
by Swapfantasy

for 40k, Ive got 2 boxes of Wraithguard(new plastics)
Grey Knights 1 box of terminators
Dark Eldar 2 boxes of Incubi/1 Wrack
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:50 am
by cypherl

40k, mostly eldar, dark eldar, grey knights, tyranids, or other stuff, let me know what you've got.
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 am
by Swapfantasy

I do not, sorry, anything you looking for?
Sent: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 am
by cypherl

I have a ton of night goblins, do you have paypal?

III. Supporting Information
My shipping number for what I shipped to him: 9114901159815053096142
His shipping number for what he shipped back to me: 9505 5000 0654 3323 0000 64

He lied and misled me several times:
1. He said his side of the trade had been boxed up on Nov. 12. My package, as seen by the tracking number, doesn't arrive to him until Nov. 14. I believe he was lying about having his side of the deal packaged and ready to go. I think he was trying to conduct multiple trades at once, and was waiting on what he was going to trade to me. Perhaps it never arrived, and so he decided to claim that my package arrived to him destroyed.

2. He says that he shipped on Nov. 17. He did not, as he tells in a later post that he actually shipped on Nov. 19. This is shown when you check the tracking number he gave me.

3. He misled me into believing that he had shipped his side of the trade. His messages suggested to me that he received my package and was shipping his side of the trade. Nowhere did he mention that my package arrived to him in poor condition until I inquire about this after receiving it back.

4. Lies in the bad reference he left me, saying that I complained about shipping first. Never did I complain about shipping first. I was very agreeable, and this is supported by the message log. I shipped first and gave him a tracking number immediately, and was, in my opinion, very cordial about it.

5. In his last post, he says that he is unable to send the pictures of the models that he said he would send me as proof of their condition upon arrival. I am in no doubt that this is a lie; he probably realized that they were in the same condition as they are shown in the imgur link I gave to him displaying them, or he didn't actually take said pictures.

IV: Follow Through
He offered to send me pictures, on Nov. 21, as proof of the condition in which the package arrived. I agreed and asked, on Nov. 22, that he send me the pictures and he did not respond until today, saying that he is unable to send the pictures(clearly a lie). I waited until today, more than a week, before posting the bad reference. I gave him ample time, but he was in no way helpful. Overall, he was rude and unnecessarily indignant. He lied and misled me. Jason Ledick is a very bad trader, not to mention possessed by a poor demeanor and untruthful behavior, and I will not be dealing with him again. In his second-to-last post in the message log above, his first sentence is, 'Exchanged.', referring to the retaliatory reference he left me just beforehand; obviously it is a retaliatory reference. I hope that the retaliatory reference he left me is removed as it is entirely untruthful and unwarranted. This 'Jason Ledick' is based in Milwaukee, WI. Perhaps he is an alias of the Jason Ticknor of WI, as shown in the Hall of Shame forum?
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Bad Trader - Jason Ledick (Swapfantasy)

Post by starslayer »

Third bad report/deadbeat on this guy. Fool Injected, Van Saar, and now this one.
Swapfantasy ( -12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swapfantasy »

LOL. Please.

You got the crap back you sent to me.
Swapfantasy ( -12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swapfantasy »

I even sent it back int he same packaging as you did. In plastic.
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

@swapfantasy
If you have the pics of the broken models, please provide them here.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

To elaborate on what jul has said, Bartertown requires senders to ensure that their items arrive as described and agreed on.

Should the receiver receive models that are SNAD, then he has a right to send them back at the sender's expense.

In this case, it is very surprising that you, Swapfantasy, did not mention the models' condition OR state that you were RETURNING them as opposed to SENDING your half of the trade.

In order for your negref to stand, you MUST supply evidence that the models were received in poor condition, and you must account for shipping them back minus the packing material that cypherl sent you.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Swapfantasy ( -12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swapfantasy »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:To elaborate on what jul has said, Bartertown requires senders to ensure that their items arrive as described and agreed on.

Should the receiver receive models that are SNAD, then he has a right to send them back at the sender's expense.

In this case, it is very surprising that you, Swapfantasy, did not mention the models' condition OR state that you were RETURNING them as opposed to SENDING your half of the trade.

In order for your negref to stand, you MUST supply evidence that the models were received in poor condition, and you must account for shipping them back minus the packing material that cypherl sent you.

here's proof I sent them

"item was picked up today by USPS tracking number 9505 5000 0654 3323 0000 64"

and his response

"Hey, what happened? You shipped back my stuff "
Swapfantasy ( -12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swapfantasy »

I asked for no money back. I just sent him his exact stuff back, in everything he sent me, other than the original boxing since it had my address label on them.

Delete my negative ref on him. It matters little to me at this point.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote: In order for your negref to stand, you MUST supply evidence that the models were received in poor condition, and you must account for shipping them back minus the packing material that cypherl sent you.
Swapfantasy wrote: here's proof I sent them

"item was picked up today by USPS tracking number 9505 5000 0654 3323 0000 64"

and his response

"Hey, what happened? You shipped back my stuff "
You misunderstand--I'm not asking for evidence of your return--that is not in dispute--but rather an explanation for

a) why you didn't inform your trade partner that you were returning

and

b) why you sent the miniatures back minus the packing material you received.

We're also awaiting photo evidence of the damaged state of the models on your receipt of them.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Swapfantasy wrote: Delete my negative ref on him. It matters little to me at this point.
Things like negrefs and trade conduct SHOULD matter to you.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
-----
jul ( 382 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by jul »

As s_o_r_r_o_w explained,

you mentioned you took pictures of the broken material " I did take a few pics while unwrapping the stuff if it's an issue."
Please provide those pictures, it is perfectly possible that packaging was inadequate and models got broken during transport.

Where it feels not fair is that you sent back the models without any packaging.
If you have those pictures, please provide them here in this thread.

If you remember the rules you have read by becoming a member here, you are responsible for packaging properly models, even in the case you are sending back a trade that you feel is not what was described. You are also responsible for keeping good communication all along as well as being fair, 2 things are not shown currently.

Also, feedback is the main determinant for users to conduct a trade, yours currently is not in good standing.

J.
Teacher Emma Bradford, who was excitedly buying 25th anniversary limited edition lead figures at her local Games Workshop, said: “A lot of people say this, but there's something about Warhammer games that just resonates with my vagina.
MagickalMemories wrote: I maintain the right to tease you about it endlessly, though! : )
kturock wrote:at least they're not in it for the poultry.
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=130947
Swapfantasy ( -12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Swapfantasy »

Sorry I can't dig up the pics. If you want to remove my negative that's fine. Ive thrown in t he towel on this.

I received shyte models, I returned the EXACT same models in the same packaging they were shipped to me.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”