BTR- THEPRIVATEERGUY

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

big_trader77 ( 18 )
Trade Novice

BTR- THEPRIVATEERGUY

Post by big_trader77 »

Hello there fellow bt traders, I am filling this bad trader report on theprivateerguy because we mad made a deal and he did not keep is end of the deal. I had posted back in early april about selling some armies of mine, one being my warmachine mercs army. Theprivateerguy responded to the post looking to purchase my army from me. We both came to the agreement of $500 + shipping cost for my army. I stated in the post that buyer pays first and he responded that he follows standard bt rules at which point I got a little scared since this was my first time. As shown in the pms listed below I reluctantly agreed to ship the models first and he pay me through PayPal. I shipped the package on april 12 and it arrived on april 16 and from there on I still have not received payment and haven’t heard from him since april 28.

Evidence:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Re: mercs
Sent: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:22 pm
by big_trader77
hey there
by any chance did u check the mail to see where the package is pls get back to me?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 am
by big_trader77
hey there
just wondering if there is any update on the package, if u going to check that other spot on the weekend or not?
pls let me know
rich
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm
by theprivateerguy
what r up talking about ive been in constant contact with you i just emailed you yesterday.. i have a copy to prove it... packages dont fit in my mailbox i live in an apt. it may have been delivered but as to where thats why im trying to find out. You act like ive been dodging you or you havent heard from me in days which is not the case. I dont have your package and i have been looking for it. Yes I understand you talked to canada post, but they didnt deliver it usps did. That is my next step to talk to my carrier and see if he can remember where he delvered it. Plz dont send me any more emails like the last one as it was not appreciated.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 pm
by theprivateerguy
ok .. let me hit the office up one more time.. and one other spot..
Sent: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 am
by theprivateerguy
trader sorry took me a bit to get back. Mom fell ill ...Went to office Sat.. several packages but no package fm u sir. Can you plz confirm address. If you by chance you put the wrong apt number or something? Double check just in case.. LMK

Sent: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:30 am
by theprivateerguy
shows delivered im sure the box is in the main office.. have to make it sat when im off to make it down there.. theyre open from 8-5 which are the hours i work.. ill make it sat our first thing n u shud have ur money later that day.. if theres n e probs let me know
Sent: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:20 pm
by big_trader77
hey there
any word yet u should have gotten the package by now

Sent: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:33 pm
by theprivateerguy
checked status shows delivered dont have ne thing in personal mailbox.. next stop.. office
Sent: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:58 am
by theprivateerguy
havent had a chance to check mail yet sir.can hit u up when i get off work n let u know
Sent: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 am
by big_trader77
hey there just wondering if u got the package yet?

Sent: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:22 pm
by big_trader77
hey there ur tracking number is
cx 470 209 278 ca
used canada post which is ur standard us postal service
thanks

Sent: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 pm
by theprivateerguy

no prob just send me the tracking number when u get a chance
Sent: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:36 am
by big_trader77
hey there
shipped out your stuff today
my paypal addy is
richdragon77@hotmail.com
it cost 30 to ship
will send u the tracking num soon
Sent: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:29 pm
by theprivateerguy
500 plus shipping is fine with me.. let me know when u ship and ill let u know when i recieve and once all had been verified payment will be sent via paypal in full .. just shoot me your paypal addy
Sent: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 pm
by big_trader77
hey there
i can see where u are coming from and i kinda feel like its an acident waiting to happen but not getting any money up front but i will have to trust u then..... so in this case it will be 500 plus shipping then and i will ship standard mail and i accept paypal.... i will send u a message stating when i am shipping is this ok then?!?!?
Sent: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 pm
by theprivateerguy
not on the payment up front.. i mean if you had some feed back id be willing to do a partial payment upfront...but you have 0 .. ill think ill stick with the bartertown rules where lower rating ships first..its saved me in the past.. i dont know if this is any help but on my end if i was shipping to you i wud be able to insure the total cost of my package .. meaning retail value of models.. i know this cuz of this past Christmas had one present go missing and was reimburst..but i cant go into a deal where the other person has no feedback and expects me to pay upfront..no offense but i feel like its an accident waiting to happen.. if you change ur mind let me know..

Sent: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am
by big_trader77

hey there
so 500 american is fine and as far as the payment up front if i include insurance and tracking number can u payment that way?? i have been burnt before with that and lost models before!!!
is there something we can work out?

Sent: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 pm
by big_trader77

hey there
so just to confirm that u are willing to buy my mercs army for 500 canadain ?!? i take paypal and u got to send money first ! so is that ok????
Sent: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:26 am
by big_trader77
hey there
everything is bare metal, built and no missing any pieces !!! couple are primed black but thats about it!!!
Sent: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:09 am
by big_trader77
hey there whats up
any questions about it ???
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Proof:
Address given to ship to
A Pineda
2447 Lockhill Selma #504
San Antonio, TX

Canada post shipping confirmation number cx 470 209 278 ca
I also called the Canadian post office and got clarification that the package was delivered to the specific address given and not at a post office. Also have a formal letter from the candian post office confirming an investigation on this matter.
This is what was found on the canadian post office website when tracked the package using the confirmation number,
Tracking Number
CX470209278CA
Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.
Track Status
Product Type: Expedited USA
Date
Time

Retail Location

Signatory Name
2012/04/16
17:42
78230,USA
Item successfully delivered
Track History
Date
Time
Retail Location
Signatory Name
2012/04/16
17:42
78230,USA
Item successfully delivered
09:41
78230,USA
Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country
07:12
78230,USA
Item has been received at the delivery office in the destination country
2012/04/14

00:00
USORDA,USA
International item has arrived in a foreign country
2012/04/13
23:40
USORDS,USA
International shipment has arrived in a foreign country
01:46
MISSISSAUGA
International item has left Canada
2012/04/12
23:36
MISSISSAUGA
Item processed at postal facility
12:03
BRAMPTON
Item accepted at the Post Office

Another tread ion the BT BTR forum about theprivateerguy
BTR- theprivateerguy by Craneman » Mon May 07, 2012 7:34 pm 9 Replies221 ViewsLast post by porkuslime
Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Follow Through:

I have contacted him several times about whether or not the package arrived and were given the response will check on the weekend. I have contacted the Canadian post office and an official investigation has been started as to whether or not the package was confirmed delivery at the given address by contacting the usps. I have not heard from him since april 28 and hoping he will contact me soon to resolve this issue. Not sure how to proceed next, any advice or direction from anyone would be helpful thanks!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR- THEPRIVATEERGUY

Post by MagickalMemories »

theprivateerguy wrote:ill think ill stick with the bartertown rules where lower rating ships first
This really ticks me off, even when it's said on accident.

IT IS NOT A BARTERTOWN RULE THAT THE LOWER RATED TRADER SHIPS FIRST. IT IS MERELY A COMMON CONVENTION THAT MANY PEOPLE FOLLOW.

I'm thinking I need to make a rules edit or something.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I don't want to sound like I'm threadjacking, but for this situation,maybe negoiate sending and paying in smaller parts might have been safer.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Acceptableloss ( 16 )
New Trader

Post by Acceptableloss »

You can apparently fill out reports with the San Antonio police department for minor crimes online:

http://www.sanantonio.gov/SAPD/REPORTS_ON_LINE_A.ASP

Since this guy has ripped off several people on this forum, I'm going to fill out a police report with the San Antonio police. We have the guy's address, so it's not like it should be all that hard for them to find him. If everyone else he ripped off does the same, maybe we can get this clown arrested, or if we get absurdly lucky, get our stuff back.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”