Sleepbear, beware.

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Khador_Rage ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Sleepbear, beware.

Post by Khador_Rage »

I'll admit that I was a bit short with Sleepybear, but I don't think that an extra day to produce a tracking number is any reason to give a bad trader report after Sleepybear sent me the models you see below. A lot of pieces are missing or damaged. While Sleepybear did offer to replace them I was unwilling to deal with him given the difficulty in setting up the trade in the first place, and the lack of his disclosure about the condition of the models. Needless so say I was very disappointed in this trade, and my bad trade reference reflected his lack of proper shipping.

I would like Sleepybears retaliatory bad trade report to be taken of my record. If the powers that be feel it it pertinent they might also consider taking my bad report off of Sleepybear's trade reference also, and we can both put this misunderstanding behind us. I will be providing him with a shipping confirmation number tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your time.

Re: H: Circle W: Mercs!

Sent: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm
by sleepybear
Thats fine. FYI You are impossible to work with and rather blunt and rude.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:39 pm
by Khador_Rage
It's too bad that a respected member of Bartertown would send you models in a plastic bag. I am shipping your models back next week.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 am
by sleepybear
Honestly i had no idea that the models where missing pieces, I don't play circle, i bought them off of a trader from this site for a steal. I honestly have never assembled them or really paid much attention to them. I assumed that they where of good quality because he was a respected member on his site, and i received them in THAT VERY BAG. I didn't think much of it. But it seems like you do. If you don't want them at all thats fine mail them back if you want the mini's (Which honestly even if they aren't pretty they are still useable.) Or you can tell me what i'm missing and i can buy the bits and mail them to you. Either way. But i honestly send you this product the same exact way that i have received.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 am
by Khador_Rage
This trade is beyond fixing. If you knew the pieces were broken before you shipped them you should have informed me. Your packaging was abhorrent which lead to further breakage. Plus the blood weavers had obviously been stripped which most traders like to be aware of when trading. When I asked you about what condition the models are in I expected a complete list of their conditions.

I trade models under the presence that every trader on this website is offering complete, and undamaged models. If the models do not meet those criteria then it is the duty of the trader to fully disclose their conditions. You did not do that, and I will be shipping your models back to you next week. I'm not even asking for payment. Please consider other people when making trades on Bartertown. Would you like to get a plastic bag of broken models in the mail?

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:50 am
by sleepybear
You know, you could just tell me what peaces are broken or missing and i can order them for you. I do know if you want to do that or send everything back to me.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:12 pm

by Khador_Rage
I certainly hope you shipped their models better than mine. I will PM you the confirmation number after I ship. Good luck on Bartertown.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:10 pm

by sleepybear
I think thats a really good idea i would like my stuff back anyway, this was a bad deal for me anyway. I just did 5 shipments and you seem to be the only one who has an issue. Send conformation with shipping.

Have a good day :)

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:55 pm
by Khador_Rage
I just opened your package. I am shipping these models back on Monday. They are missing parts, and severely broken! NEVER ship fragile models in a plastic bag stuffed in a box with no padding. This is the worst packing job I have ever seen. This is why veteran traders make new traders ship first!

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 pm

by sleepybear

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 pm
by Khador_Rage
Do you have a tracking/delivery confirmation number?

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm

by sleepybear
Yea. I maied my stuff already

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 pm
by sleepybear
Yea. I maied my stuff already

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:30 am

by Khador_Rage
Are we still doing this trade?

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:19 pm

by Khador_Rage
The post office is closed by the time I get home. I will ship it early tomorrow.

Shipping address removed

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 pm

by sleepybear
I agree in that but i ask that you ship today. I will also be shipping today and i will send a conformation. I only have a low ratting because i haven't used this site that much.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:01 pm

by Khador_Rage
Here is what I've agreed upon.

I have:

10 Steel head Halbediers (primed) $62
Magnus the Warlord (primed) $17
pEiryss $10
Total retail $89

You have:
6 Blood Trackers $33
Nuala $12
Weavers $26
Black Clad Wayfarer $13
Total retail $84

If you also agree please let me know. I will give you my address. Due to your low rating I am going to have to ask that you ship first. Please use a package tracking number and PM it to me when it has shipped. I will ship your package after I have received yours.

Thanks

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:52 pm
by sleepybear
ok lets do eyriss for the painted magnus

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 pm
by Khador_Rage
I don't have a macbain for trade.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 pm
by sleepybear
Lets do it all the same but instead of the magnus's we do macbain and eyirss

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:49 pm

by sleepybear
instead for magnus why don't we do macbain and eiyrss

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:49 pm

by Khador_Rage
Here is the last message I sent you. What do you think about this?

I have:

Magnus the Traitor (painted) $10
Total retail $89

You have:
6 Blood Trackers $33
Nuala $12
Weavers $26
Black Clad Wayfarer $13
Total retail $84

With this deal we get everything on our respective want lists, and you are $5 ahead on the retail value.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 pm
by sleepybear
Sounds like a good deal, you want to thrown in gormen that way we don't have to worry about the 7 bucks.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Re: H: Circle W: Mercs! READ ME FIRST!

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 am
by Khador_Rage
Here is another option since I just checked your recently edited post.

I have:

Magnus the Traitor (painted) $10
Total retail $89

You have:
6 Blood Trackers $33
Nuala $12
Weavers $26
Black Clad Wayfarer $13
Total retail $84

With this deal we get everything on our respective want lists, and you are $5 ahead on the retail value.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:14 am
by Khador_Rage
The $7 difference in retail value will get you one solo. Both of those solos retail for more than $7. You are already getting a deal. Also i'm trading you halbardiers, not riflemen.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 am
by sleepybear
Well how about 7 bucks buys me a solo and your kind of getting nuala for free so how about you trade me ine solo for another.

So it would be Blood trackers, Nuala, blood weavers, For riflemen, gormen, p eiryss. And no cash.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm
by Khador_Rage
Sure. I'll trade pEiryss and Gorman for Morvahna, and Baldur.

So far we have my ten steelheads, pEiryss, and Gorman for your six trackers, nuala, weavers, morvahna, and baldur. If this is correct let me know.

Thanks.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:47 pm
by sleepybear
Do you want to trade for the war casters and the eiryss and gorman.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
by Khador_Rage
I just saw your new post. I also have a painted Gorman di Wolfe.

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm
by Khador_Rage
I have a pEiryss model I can trade. It's assembled, bare metal.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm
by sleepybear
Do you have any other merc solos? Our pay pal account isn't up any more.

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:17 pm

by sleepybear
my address is Shipping address removed. I'll give you my wife's paypal account in a little while... (I'm not sure of the code.)

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:00 pm
by Khador_Rage
Shipping address is.

Shipping Address removed

What is your paypal address? I will send $7. I will ship with delivery confirmation. Could you do the same, please? What is your shipping address?

* Quote sleepybear

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 pm
by sleepybear
All are unglued and unprimed. Sounds like a deal, whats your shipping address?

* Quote Khador_Rage

Sent: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 am
by Khador_Rage
I have a full unit of Primed Steelhead Halberdiers (retail $62. I am interested in the Bloodtrackers+ Nuala, and the Blood weavers (retail $69). I am willing to paypal the difference.

What is the condition of the models I listed?

Subject: H: Circle W: Mercs!

sleepybear wrote:What i want.

2x full unit of steelhead Halberdiers.
1x min unit steelhead Halberdiers.
2x full units of steelhead cav.
1x Stannis Brocker.
1x Rocinante. (Is it out?)
1x Captain Damiano.

What i have.

Full unit of druids+ua
min unit of blood tracker+ Nuala
Megalith
All three warp wolfs.
Min unit of WOO
Morraig
Tharn bloodweavers
Druid wilder
Gnarlhorn satyr
Argus
Morvahna
Mohsar
EKrueger
KROMAC
I only accept Paypal. I only ship within the United States.

I will expect pictures of models that are built, or painted. Lower rating ships first, no exceptions.

Trade reference(s) owed to me by:
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: Sleepbear, beware.

Post by porkuslime »

Not entirely sure what you are posting this in here for... it looks like you decided on inspection that the models were sub-standard and intended to return them.

Have you done so?

Also I have moved this to the Unresolved BTR section, from Resolved since it appears that the deal has gone south..

Have you directed Sleepybear to this thread?
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
Khador_Rage ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Khador_Rage »

I have shipped the models back. I assumed that the resolved BTR thread was for bad trades that have been fixed. I just wanted to tell my side of the story.

I will expect pictures of models that are built, or painted. Lower rating ships first, no exceptions.

Khador_Rage ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Khador_Rage »

As noted in the second paragraph of my post I am asking the mods to remove Sleepybear's bar reference against me. I feel that Sleepybear's bad reference was retaliatory. His bad trade reference refers to me not shipping on the exact day I said I would. I have shipped today and provided a tracking number. I feel that his bad trade report against me deserves to be erased.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Unfortunately, the "View Reverences" tab is... having issues... right now. I cannot view the ref he left for you.
To be honest, however, I'm inclined not to delete either reference.
It's a trader's responsibility to know what they are sending and send what they promised. If it's broken or missing pieces, they should indicate it or provide pics (if they are unfamiliar with the models) so that the recipient can view them in advance. Sleepbear did not do this. That makes me feel as if you were justified for leaving a negative ref after receiving what he sent (it is generous of you, BTW, to pay to ship them back. I would have required him to do so, if I was in your shoes).

On the other hand, you agreed to send your models on the 18th and you did not. This makes it APPEAR (I'm not hurling accusations!) as if you may have been deliberately waiting to receive his stuff before sending your side. That is what you asked to do initially, so it could be a reasonable concern for someone that this was the case.

My opinion is that, unless they openly state falsehoods, BOTH negative references are valid.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Khador_Rage ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Khador_Rage »

This was Sleepbear's bad trade reference to me. I realize that you cannot confirm this via the reference section of Bartertown, but this is what I received in a PM.
"The following comments were made on your bad reference from sleepybear:

He was unhappy with how the product was shipped, and with out warning or talking to me gave me a bad report. After talking to him and offering to replace any and all broken parts, which he refused. He informed me that he would be mailing me back my product on first thing monday morning. I asked him to send me a conformation number, it is now tuesday and i have pm\'d him asking for a conformation number and he has refused to message me back and i\'m unable to trade my product."
He is upset that I did not ship his models back first thing Monday morning. As for me waiting until I got his models to ship his, you are exactly right. If you feel that I deserve a negative feedback because I did not ship my models right away then I guess I deserve it, as silly as it sounds.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

The wording on the neg ref (which I take your word for as being what you received, of course... you've got no reason to lie) is a bit ambiguous to me.
On one hand, it does come across a little -I don't want to say vengeful- reactionary.
At first, I thought that, while a bit petty, his complaint was legit... If you agreed to return them Monday, then he should have had a DC# to prove that you did. Reading it back over, however, it looks like you only agreed to send them the following week, and not specifically on Monday. So, the reason for the ref does not hold up.

On another note, read my sig line. I'm a firm believer that lower rating ships first. I've dropped out of countless great deals due to this. I've also kept from being scammed on at least 3 different occasions. The pay off is worth it to me.
Initially, you wanted him to ship first, due to the ratings disparity between you. When he refused, but wanted a simu-ship, you relented. I felt that this was a mistake. Mistake or not, however, you did agree to it. If you were going to be unable to ship on the promised date, for whatever reason, he should have been told up front. As it sits, purposefully or not, you agreed to one set of shipping terms, then went through with the other - the one he did not agree to. In the end, it saved you from getting stuck with models that were improperly described, but it ended up causing you this headache, instead.

IMO, with the facts above (message in the neg ref), I'm more prone now to agree that the neg ref can be removed, should you desire it. That said, however, you're still well within the boundaries of receiving one for not shipping when promised, and he could always turn around and leave a negative for that without reprisal.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Khador_Rage ( 142 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Khador_Rage »

MagickalMemories wrote:The wording on the neg ref (which I take your word for as being what you received, of course... you've got

IMO, with the facts above (message in the neg ref), I'm more prone now to agree that the neg ref can be removed, should you desire it. That said, however, you're still well within the boundaries of receiving one for not shipping when promised, and he could always turn around and leave a negative for that without reprisal.

Eric

I would like you to remove Sleepybear's negative reference about me. If Sleepybear wishes to file a new one because I waited to ship out initial trade that is fine with me.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay. I'll do that for you.
We're having issues with the ITL right now (you can leave, but not check ref's). Our web guy's out of the country until after the Holiday. Once he's back and gets the ITL worked out, I'll take care of that for you.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”