BTR: Overlord469

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hammerdrake ( 262 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Overlord469

Post by Hammerdrake »

Bad Trader Report for:
Overlord469
Joshua Gibson
239 Andrea drv
Largo, Fl, 33770

We set up a very large trade, his Menoth army, for my Tau army. Retail value of each was in the neighborhood of $1000. This would be his first trade, but he was very anxious to get a hold of a Tau army. He shipped first, packed well, paid extra for priority and was generally easy to get along with and quick to communicate. This would be his first Bartertown transaction. Upon receipt of my package, I found a few things missing. Some small bits, but also one warjack. We agreed that $23 would settle the difference. He agreed to send the money via paypal later that week. He was anxious for the Tau, had shipped the Menoth stuff quickly, so I took him at his word and shipped the Tau out (obviously a mistake). After he received his package, I never heard directly from him again. Eventually I found his phone number and he promised to send the funds within 24 hours. Never happened. He no longer answers my calls. Not much else I can do. It is unfortunately that off of a $1000 trade, he is willing to ruin his Bartertown rep for less than what he paid in shipping!

Our trade agreement:
Re: H: Large menoth army W: Tau,$$$

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:18 pm
by Hammerdrake
Hammerdrake wrote:
Overlord469 wrote:lol yea i actuall have a couple sets of cards including the ones your looking for, and all of the models in the army are metal
That's a little disappointing about the older models, they're going to be harder trade off later.

Do you have a spare Knights Errant Card you could include? What other cards sets do you have?

So, we have from you:
Grand scrutator severius
Grand exemplar Kreoss
Feora, protector of the flame
High Executioner Reznik
The high reclamer
High allegiant amon ad raza
Testement of menoth
Hierarch severius

1 repenter
1 vanquisher
1 castigator
1 guardian
1 revenger
1 reckoner
1 crusader
2 dervish
2 redeemer
2 devout

Daughters of the flame- 5 grunts and leader
Choir of menoth- 5 grunts and leader
Knights exemplar- 5 grunts and leader
Knights exemplar- 5 grunts and leader
Knight errant-9 grunts and leader
Deliveres- 9 grunts and leader
Temple flame guard- 9 grunts and leader
Temlple flame guard officer and standard
Holy Zelots- 9 grants and leader

Knights exemplar seneschal
Knights exemplar seneschal
Covnenant of menoth
monolith bearer
Visigoth Juviah Rhoven and honor guard
Deliverer sunburst crew
Deliverer sunburst crew
Recalimer

I can offer:
2 Devilfish
3 Hammerheads
2 Sky Ray Turrets (can be used on the Hammerheads)
3 Piranha's
1 Broadside
3 Crisis Suits
1 O'Shovah
1 Commander Crisis Suit
42 Fire Warriors w/Pulse Rifle
10 Fire Warriors w/Carbine
9 Vespids (incl 2 leaders)
1 Commander Shadowsun
12 Stealth Suits
1 Ethereal w/Hand Weapons
1 Kroot Shaper
4 Kroot Hounds
17 Kroot
15 Gun Drones
4 Shield Drones
4 Markerlight Drones
1 Command Drone
8 Wound markers/objectives
Bag o' bits

Much of what I have is magnetized for maximum flexibility. For example, O'Shovah can be a regular crisis commander with magnetized arms. All drones are counted separately, not with the vehicles. However, some of the magnets I used were a little to small. It still works, but if the model is jarred hard enough, the piece may come off. But, it you don't like it, they could just be glued permanently without a problem. My Crisis suits are dynamically posed, the Commander model actually uses a flying base and looks like he's launching off the ground. Also, many of the Kroot and Fire warrior have small modifications that I think look neat. Finally, I used spare bits to create wound markers or objective markers. They are on regular sized bases, with pulse rifles stuck in the ground and other bits around.

Finally, you are new here and have no references. I don't have an enormous feedback score, but I've been trading here for years, with 100% positive feedback. You can also check for feedback for me from the old system, by searching for John, J, or JL Camp and see that I've actually been trading here since the '90's. Because of this, I would have to have you ship first.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
John
His acceptance of the replacment terms:
Re: For your consideration

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:29 pm
by Hammerdrake
Hammerdrake wrote:
Overlord469 wrote:so basically if i can get you 23 dollard we will be even and you will ship prority on mon?
Yes, exactly. But, I understand you shipped in good faith and you are accepting responsibility. I'd like it through paypal, but if you need to send cash or a check, that's fine too. As long as we have an agreement, I'll ship Mon.

-John
His plans to pay:
Re: For your consideration

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:47 pm
by Overlord469
Overlord469 wrote:indeed we do, it was my mistake and i am more than willing to pay for it. as soon as i have the money i will put it in your pypal account if i can, and if not i will send either cash or a check whetever your preferance
DC for my Tau, shipped to him: 9406 2036 9930 0012 8352 53

I will continue to try and call, once I get his email, I'll try that as well. I don't think he intentionally ripped me off, but now that he has what he wanted he doesn't feel the need to finish things up.

Thanks!
Current Most Wanted:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR: Overlord469

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'll refrain from allegations, but what you're saying seems to be correct. he seems to have said "screw it" about his debt to you.

Have you contemplated calling from a different number, or blocking your number, and asking for his (apparent) wife, Beverly? Shaming people in front of their parents/spouses/etc., can really go a long way in getting them to do the right thing... especially if the secondary person yu're contacting has moral convictions about it.

Just a thought.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”