Bad Trader Report Mortarion

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Bad Trader Report Mortarion

Post by Timofeo »

Alright the following (Read Bottom to Top) is the messages between I and Mortarion in the dealings of a triple trade between I Mortarion and Kintaro, Basically
I send Warmachine stuff to Kintaro
Mortarion Sends Eldar Stuff to me
Kintaro sends Blood Angel Stuff to Mortarion

I and Kintaro both shipped and our tracking numbers signify that they went to the proper places, Mort shipped but his tracking number went to a different whole state and has since vanished

[/quote]
Re: BA

Sent: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm
by Timofeo
So If I do not hear back from you by Aug 6th I will initiate a Bad Trader Report, since the USPS Tracking Number clearly show that the package you claimed was coming my way went to a different location entirely.

Sent: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 pm
by Timofeo
How come on the USPS tracking number it say that it went to Joplin MO, have I been ripped off?? Or is this a mistake? but it definitly says delivered
JOPLIN, MO 64801 Thats where it went apparently

So whats going on?

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 pm
by mortarion
I've gotten ripped off pretty well also, it sucks but im the same way, maybe im a little to trusting sometimes.

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:57 pm
by Timofeo
Oh its all good, I just got ripped off one time on this site puts me on edge I usually am very trusting so at this point everything is great and dandy on my end

Thanks

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:48 pm
by mortarion
Sorry bud, went to a bachelor party last night, didn't get home till 2 this afternoon lol...
LMK when it arrives, the Usps people said tues or most likely wed.

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:42 pm
by Timofeo
Alright thanks man, you had me worried :lol:

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:41 pm
by mortarion
0310-2010-0000-6759-8354

Obviously you didn't get my pm yesterday lol... I didn't get off in time but its out today, sorry about that, I tried....

Thanks
Jc

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 pm
by Timofeo
I ask again did you get your side sent out, or were you busy and if so when do you plan on shipping?

Sent: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:03 am
by Timofeo
Did you get my stuff sent out??

Sent: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm
by Timofeo
Shipping Package today should have DC number in like an hour and a half

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:37 pm
by mortarion
No prob will do.

Ill pm you after its out.
Lmk when you get it and if alls good.

Thanks

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:23 pm
by Timofeo
(Address Goes Here)

Please do Delivery confirmation as both I and Kintaro have agreed to aswell that way we have a sort of assurance.

Thanks

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm
by mortarion
Just got his pm.
Tomorrow works for me just fine.

Send me your addy again so I can be sure plz.

Thanks
Jc

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:17 pm
by Timofeo
Ok Kintaro said he PM'd you back and what not, I propose that we ALL ship tomorrow Can you ship tomorrow??

Thanks

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm
by Timofeo
He wants to ship same time, for everyone I just do not know when he wants to do it

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:07 pm
by mortarion
Lol...woulda def made your job easier...

When's everyone plan on shipping? I asked kintaro but haven't heard back so was just checking.

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 pm
by Timofeo
Ok good, We need a little chat room for all 3 of us lol

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:44 pm
by mortarion
I got his one sent today and sent one back less than a hour ago

Sent: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 pm
by Timofeo
Kintaro has sent you PM's according to him have you received any?

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 pm
by mortarion
He never pmed me.
Im prob gonna be able to get your stuff out late tomorrow then, gotta go get some bubble wrap and a bigger box lol.

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 pm
by Timofeo
This week if you could I am pretty sure he sent your stuff, although I think he PMed you himself.

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 pm
by mortarion
When's everyone plan on shipping?

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:22 pm
by Timofeo
We are all shipping at the same time since he has a reference too we are a go, he is going to ship and so am I

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm
by mortarion
Is this trade a go,?
Are we shipping when arrives or?

Just checking in.

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:08 am
by mortarion
Sent it

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am
by Timofeo
Can you send your address to Kintaro username aswell since he is the third trader

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 am
by mortarion
orry, had to put kids to bed...

Jc Payne
1219 B. South 2nd Ave Sw
Tumwater Wa. 98512

Its ok was just wondering, just lmk what to do either way.

Sent: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:11 am
by Timofeo
Ok his name is Jimmie shipping from Oregon
His Username on Bartertown is Kintaro that way you can PM him your address

He actually does have a reference on this site so that means all 3 of us have references so perhaps we should ship all at the same time. However I do not mind either way.

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm
by Timofeo
Hes in the US but thats All I know I asked for his address in the last post.

Can I get your Address??

Mine is
Tim Scherer
(Address Goes Here)

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 pm
by mortarion
Sounds fair to me. Where's he shipping from outs curiosity?

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:21 pm
by Timofeo
Ok then we have an accord If you remember earlier I said that I am trading someone for the BA stuff on DAKKA DAKKA I have proposed to that person that we ship in a triangle format with the person with the least REP shipping first, He has no trading rep so has agreed to ship first. It appears you have references on this site so I assume I can trust you to ship, so basically he would ship you the Blood Angels and when they arrive if you are pleased you send me the Eldar and I send him the Warmachine stuff I am trading to him.

So basically we all ship once and we all get what we want I dont think its to risky as the only person who has no refrences has agreed to ship first.

What do you think???

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:15 pm
by mortarion
I can do the painted ones as long as the paint ain't to thick.

Everything is latest edition, at most it primed or bare.

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:10 pm
by Timofeo
All is good on my end However, would you be willing to take the PAINTED termies? The bare ones were just purchased earlier this afternoon. They are painted to a decent tabletop standard, a bright red with blue trim, except the face/chest part, which is still primed black. Or switch it to something else?

Are the Eldar Old Metal or plastic? just wondering

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 pm
by mortarion
Correct.

Eldar:
x2 warwalkers- both scatter lasers and starcannons
x2 waveserpants
x2 vyper jetbike-both starcannons

Have all extra bits for them as far as I can tell

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm
by Timofeo
So the following

X1 Stormraven Gunship - bare plastic, TL Multi Melta & TL Lascannon, side sponsons with hurricane bolters, front anf back doors open, all other bits on sprue
X10 Death company - 2 Thunder hammer, 2 power sword, 4 chainsword, 2 power fist.
X1 Commander Dante - primered black
X1 SM Chaplain in termie armor painted red (I was using as a counts as)
X1 SM Bike - new on sprue still in box
X5 AoBR termies - bare plastic

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:16 pm
by mortarion
Didn't see there was a total of 10 on the list.
Id just like the 5 unpainted ones and I could actually use the bike also. Checking my stuff I realized I needed one.

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm
by Timofeo
So the 5 Unpainted Aobr or all 10 the 5 painted blue and red and the 5 unpainted.

everything is available but its your choice what you want

Thanks

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:27 pm
by mortarion
I can't use the scouts then, but i could change them out with the AOBR yermis or something else that equals the value you posted if the something is still available

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm
by Timofeo
Ok they are metal scouts unpainted save 1 thats primed
2x Snipers
5x CCW and Bolt Pistol
2x Boltguns
and the champion I think has CCW and Pistol too

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:55 pm
by Timofeo
Ok so the Blood angels net 215 Full Retail

so I would want

x2 warwalkers
x2 waveserpants
x2 vyper jetbikes

which is 210 Full Retail

So that is the offer that I will make, Dependent obviously on the Scouts weaponry like you said.
A few questions
- What is the Weaponry on the above vehicles
- do you have the bits for other weapons

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:36 pm
by Timofeo
Lets just say they have the weapons you want for now to work out a trade

x10 Death co.
x1 Storm Raven
x1 Dante
x10 Scouts (since he has 9 and a Champion)
x1 Chaplain Terminator

What do you have Eldar??
I know you said wave serpents and Warwalkers since thats what I originally asked for but what else do you have? can I get full numbers so I can pick what I want to trade for?

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:04 pm
by Timofeo
The Baal Predator is old

But he is interested so pick things out from the list I gave you earlier.

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am
by Timofeo
$15 Blood Angels Codex - spiral bound, bottom of last page is coming loose.
$40 X1 Stormraven Gunship - bare plastic, TL Multi Melta & TL Lascannon, side sponsons with hurricane bolters, front anf back doors open, all other bits on sprue
$40 X10 Death company - 2 Thunder hammer, 2 power sword, 4 chainsword, 2 power fist.
$11 X1 Commander Dante - primered black
$25 each X3 Baal Predator - old metal ones painted red, 2 with TL asssault cannons, 1 with TL lascannon, some bits that need to be reattached (rocket launchers etc)

Space marine stuff that could most likely be useful to a BA list

$9 X1 SM Chaplain in termie armor painted red (I was using as a counts as)
$30 X9 scouts - one primered black
$9 X1 SM Bike - new on sprue still in box
$25 each X2 AoBR Dreads - one painted red, one bare plastic
$18 X3 UM Honor guard - 1 banner, 2 with winged masks with power axe
$30 X5 AoBR termies - bare plastic
$20 X5 assault Marines - 1 PF and SH, 2 plasma, 3 chain sword (one of these has the sword tip broken off)
$12 Each X3 old metal termies - 1 Power sword, 1 cyclone missiles, 1 assault cannon and power fist
$9 X1 Silver Skulls Vanguard Vet
$8 X2 marine scout captain - 1 with no base
$20 X1 AoBR dread - primered black, no base
$8 X1 ? - Wreath on helmet, power axe and bolter, skirt
$8 X1 ? - chainsword and bolter, skirt

Are you interested in any thing else from the above The Trader wants to make the trade a little bigger so if your willing to throw in some more Eldar stuff I can most likely get around 250-300 Retail in the Stuff above, so lets make this a big trade.

However this is only if you have more Eldar, if not we can just work out the smaller trade we had already talked about.

Sent: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am
by Timofeo
I am not sure Its kind of a trade within a Trade, The storm raven is unopainted the Death company may be primed.

I offering Retribution stuff for his Blood Angels if he says yes I will trade some one BA for Eldar.

Sent: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:26 pm
by Timofeo
In what condition are yours?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader Report Mortarion

Post by MagickalMemories »

In reverse order, since yours is, as well.

Why did you tell him you were filing the BTR on 8/6, then file it today?

You mentioned needing a chat room. Did you notice the "Live Chat" tab at the top of the screen

You need to post ALL of your PM's. The first PM you posted looked as if it was mid-trade. It's okay if you left the 3rd party's PM's out and only posted the ones bewteen you two, but you need to post ALL of them.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

it started mid trade since he pmed me from my post on a forum
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=143513

I am not sure where my first pms are but I feel that the following pms show what our deal was, I have all the PM's from Kintaro as well and I am sure that next time he is online he will post.

Also the reason I sped up the process is I saw that Thaylog had been jipped to if you look here
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=144435

This sped my filing since I felt at that point he really was just ripping me off, and having been Jipped once before from th7thlegion I now am fairly confident that he never sent or intended to send me anything just wanted to score some free Blood Angels.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

Hello, felt I should comment here instead of starting another thread.

Yeah, I can post all relevant info too, but my contact with him was prett sparse compared to Timofeo's.

I've got a couple of PMs in to him, we'll see what shakes out. Right now I am trying to track down his phone number.
People who owe me a REF : nickthewise1, MikeC103, LanceLiesure
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I saw the other BTR after seeing yours, Tim. I definitely can't blame you. Even if there had NOT been another BTR, I couldn't blame you. I was just curious of your reasoning.

Maybe copy & paste the initial communications (including your ad), too? When the PM string starts out "In what condition are yours," we get the feeling that something's missing. Also, trade ads are scrubbed from the site after a while, systematically. So, if you rely on the link to your thread, it'll eventually be a dead link.
Also, I'm missing something. How does the thread you linked relate to this BTR? Aside from yourself, I don't see anyone in this 3-way trade posting in the thread.

Kin-
No worries. Hold on to your stuff, just for a bit, please. No need to post it, though. It looks like your stuff was confirmed as received and the stuff sent to you arrived fine. So, really, it's only Tim's stuff we need to concern ourselves with.

Eric
Also, from the other Mortarion thread:
MagickalMemories wrote:I put that address into google:

http://philiahc.com/tumwater.aspx

Contact info:
http://philiahc.com/contactus.aspx

I don't know how much help it might do to contact the landlords there but, if they are conscientious at all, they'd be willing to help by, at least, getting a message to the house.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

Ok, no sweat Eric, thanks. If you need more LMK. I found his email...I think.

godemperer@gmail.com - this was sent to me by one of his previous trade partners.

Also, I called that property above just now and talked to the owner. He, of course, wouldn't give out a contact number, but he DID say that he had a person named PAYNE living there and it wasn't a guy. Could this JC be a girl, or he's the CHILD of the tennant?

I also called the local Tumwater police, and they said to call MY local police and report it, then have them contact the Tumwater PD. I called earlier, but my local said they'd have an officer call me back. I'm still waiting...

Kintaro
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

honestly I think the first pms are deleted because they are not in my inbox. However the Topic I posted was where he saw that I had BA, Basically I knew I could trade for BA but prefered Eldar saw a guy with what I wanted Eldar posted and then Mortarion saw it and offered a better deal.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Same advice for you as I gave thaylog in hsi BTR:
Good on you for taking the bull by the horns.
I'm glad he, at least, the landlord told you what he did. I hope you thanked him profusely. That was a big thing (most keep absolutely shut about their tenants). Did you ask if he'd even deliver a message for you? Pin it to their door?

Expect to get the run around with the cops. No disrespect intended, of course. I've got HUGE amounts of respect for them. This whole thing's still kind of new to most departments and few REALLY know how to handle it properly. Don't be surprised if they tell you to call HIS local PD. It's happened before.
If that happens, insist that you called them and they said they won't do anything until YOUR PD takes the complaint and calls them. Insist that they take the complaint. Go to THEIR supervisor, if you have to.

What I would do:
1) Call HIS PD back and ask who YOUR PD should contact (name and phone #). If you can't get a name, get a dept. Make sure they give you a number to call, though.
2) Call your PD and file the report. Make sure you give them the name & # from above. Get a name and number (if in person, try to get a business card) for the person taking the report. ASK when they will be calling the other PD. Get them to commit to something as specific as possible.
3) The day AFTER they say they'll call the other PD, YOU CALL the other PD to see if they called. If not, call your PD back and pressure the guy who took your report.
4) Rinse and repeat, as necessary.
5) Once you determine that YOUR PD has contacted HIS PD, call HIS PD and find out when they will be acting on the complaint. Pressure them for a time commitment as much as possible.

When pressuring the police for time commitments, make sure they understand that you know how musy they are. thank them profusely for their time and effort. Be sincere. Make sure they understand how easy this stuff is to sell off, however, and try to getthem to act as swiftly as possible. After all (and it wouldn't hurt to says something like this), you're more concerned about receiving what you are due than you are about seeing them punished.

Hope that helps.

Eric
I'll go so far as to add that you should ALSO make sure he knows that yours is not the only current complaint.

Eric

Xyon ( 12 )
New Trader

Post by Xyon »

I had arranged a trade with Mortarion as well. I'm just hoping something happened to the person rather than him purposefully ripping people off, but it seems increasingly likely, I do have a phone number from him, [ADMIN EDIT - Foul, dude. Seriously]. I figure I'll call tomorrow to see whats up.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

If you arranged a trade and sent your half but have not received yours, you may have a complaint.

Regardless, though, that is not what BTR threads are for. They should contain only information applicable specifically to the complaint at hand.
...and especially not the phone number.

Thank you.

Eric

thaylog ( 16 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by thaylog »

I received a number from a fellow member here on barter town. i tried calling him and a guy named chad answered and said i had the wrong number. I don't know if it was him or not seeing how i don't know what the JC stands for. Not sure where to go next on this.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

UPDATE :

I called as well, and the answering message said CHAD also. Later in the evening I got a call back from someone identifying himself as CRAIG. When I asked about the CHAD thing, he just sort of went "Huh, that's weird."

Anyway, he claimed the phone was JCs and that he was his friend, and that JC is in Jail. He said he had been "I dunno - about a month" but our contacts with him do not go that far back....so who knows,

Anyway he claimed that he was visiting JC at the jail on Thursday, and that he knew there was a pile of packages at his house, and some were marked "return to sender", so there might be a legitimate mistake. When I brought up that we'd been given a fake TN, he again verbally shrugged. He seemed like he wanted to help, but you never know. This wouldn't have been my first experience with a lousy trader claiming to be a Brother or Friend's phone.
Anyway, I am to call back thursday night, and this guy claimed that he was going to try to get his pass to BT here, and rectify all of this as he thought he had "2 or 3 more weeks to go", ands that JC was serving a 75 day sentence. Just in case, I reminded him of the severity of mail fraud, and he repeated that he was going to try to sort this all out on Friday.
He also claimed to have been txting with someone about their shipment as well at the same number.

Tim, I sent you a truncated version of this in a PM.
Stad ( 34 )
New Trader

Post by Stad »

Well the texting might be me. Thank you for getting more info.

I had sent him a Painted Stormraven and landraider (bits) for some Wood Elf models.

If this is up and up as long as his "friend" can help. Great. Even if he sends back the packages return to sender...
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

Hey how's it goin?

I didn't speak to him yesterday, as I was pretty busy until it was too late, but I just spoke to the same guy again...identifying himself as GREG (not CRAIG, I misremembered before)....and he claimed that he got all of the packets, and that he was going to take the weekend to sort it all out. Some were sent out but returned, and others were what was sent to him. Mine was there unopened.
He claimed this was a grown man we're dealing with, not some kid. The J stands for JACOB, and he insists that he does not know what the C stands for.
A search of the PEIRCE COUNTY JAIL in Tacoma shows no JACOB Payne as an inmate.

I will be calling back on Monday. He claimied he would be logging in here to help him sort it all out.
Kintaro ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Kintaro »

UPDATE :

I can not get this guy back on the phone, after I basically confronted him with all of the lies and questions that he couldn't answer, despite being simple ones.

I am completely under the belief that this "Greg" person is actually JC PAYNE.

I'm guessing it's up to the police now.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”