BTR xXdeadstarXx aka daniel ness

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

gizmodious ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR xXdeadstarXx aka daniel ness

Post by gizmodious »

I set up a trade with xXdeadstarXx to give him roughly $400 worth of tyranids for $400 dollars worth of eldar. He recieved my end of the deal on 3/21/2011 according to tracking. He last messaged me on 4/2/2011 saying he sent out my package but did not have the tracking number on him but would give it to me the next day. Have not heard from him since and still have no eldar. Ripped off and P@*$ed off was my first b town trade. Nothing against b town as the moderator has done a ton to try and help me. Beware this deadbeat as he does have a lot of good trades up until this one and he has not been on the site since. Hope this keeps someone else from losing out!!!!
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: BTR xXdeadstarXx aka daniel ness

Post by Ironhide »

Post proof as lined out in the rules here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45472

You have 24 hours from this post.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
gizmodious ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gizmodious »

Any interest in Eldar? If so let me know.

-Dan-

Subject: [H] Tyranids army [W] Army swap or $200

gizmodious wrote:
Hey everyone I am trying to swap out my nids for something new or maybe just some cash. I have the following for trade:

have:

Codex Tyranids Newest edition
1x winged hive tyrant with 2x twin linked devourers
1x hive tyrant no arms attached but will give you whatever bits you want for him to complete him (except lash whip bone sword all out) he is primed brown
7x warriors with death spitters
8 genestealers only legs glued on and I have all their bits NOS primed black
5 genestealers built
15-20 gaunts in various stages
8x hormagaunts that need to be reglued to a base
1x carnifex heavy venom cannon, strangle thorn cannon (not a legal set up but I have other arms for him)
16x spore mines

Want:
Your army
$$$$

This army retails for a little over $400 and I am willing to let it go for $200 plus shipping!!!
Let me know what you got and we can work something out. Only looking for a 40k army at the moment so please no fantasy offers. Thanks for taking the time to look and shoot me an offer! I am new to barter town but I have around 10 reputable trades on dakka under the same name so trade with confidence!

Re: [H] Tyranids army [W] Army swap or $200
Sent: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:11 pm
by gizmodious

Possibly, what do yo have?

Sent: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:59 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

40 Guardians
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 or 6 Dark Reapers
3 Skimmers (I think they can all be wave serpents, and I've got enough bits for one to be a fire prism and another to be a falcon, possibly enough to make two falcons)
10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch
3 or 4 Guardian Jetbikes
1 Generic HQ guy (forget what he's called)
and maybe another couple models floating around, nothing too special.

Let me know if interested, I think the retail is pretty close to each other.

Sent: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:40 am
by gizmodious

Do you have any pics? I can't seem to get pics to work on this website but i do have pics of the nids up on dakka under the same name if you want to see them. Let me know, thanks!

Sent: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:58 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

lol - honestly, I'm super lazy about taking pictures of stuff, I have no camera, and my phone doesn't have internet on it, so I'm kinda like... ehhhh.

If that makes you not interested, sorry about that - I usually strip 99% of the stuff I get anyways, and I figure everyone else does the same, lol.

Just let me know.

Sent: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 pm
by gizmodious

Well I am still interested. I just wanted to know if the wraithlord was the current model as well as the rest of the army. Also wanted to see what kind of condition the tanks are in. I am interested in the army though and was wondering if we did work out a deal if you would be willing to ship first? I do have 11 or so reputable trades on dakka as well as %100 positive feedback on ebay just to let you know. Let me know what you think and we will try to get this deal done! Oh by the way my dakka name is the same as this one and my ebay is gimzojedi

Re: eldar
Sent: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm
To: gizmodious

There's probably a couple weapons platforms floating around, so if you were to agree to the trade I could throw them in.

Wraithlord is current edition. On the foot troops, I couldn't tell ya, I had a hard enough time figuring out which ones were which to begin with.

And... you have zero feedback on this site, and I have a 34 feedback rating, with no negatives, so I'm going to have to abide by the rules of the site and state that since you have a lower rating, especially a zero, you're going to have to ship first.

I'm sure you have positive feedback on Ebay and Dakka Dakka, but I have positive feedback on Ebay as well, and on several TCG card trading sites - none of that has anything to do with a deal that's made on Bartertown.

Oh, and to answer your other question, I do not currently have an Eldar codex.

Anyhow, that's that.

If you wanna trade, go ahead and let me know, and I'll get you my address so you can ship out.

-Dan-

Sent: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:58 pm
by gizmodious

Im not trying to make it sound like your feedback is bad but im not sure how to look at it on barter town. As you stated I am new to barter town but when I look at your profile it says your new as well and you only have six posts. Where can I look to see the feedback system here. If what you say is true then i have no problem sending first.

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

That makes sense.

Sorry if I sounded short with you, I didn't realize that you didn't know how to check feedback, lol.

If you look at the tabs on the top of the page, the third one from the left should say "Check References". If you click on that, and then in the name field, type in my user name, it will show you a detailed account of my feedback score (people's comments, etc.).

Go ahead and check me out on there.

Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned, as long as you're good to go, I'm good to go on the trade, so once you've checked my feedback and find that it's to your satisfaction, just go ahead and let me know, and we'll exchange information, and get this trade done.

Thanks.

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm
by gizmodious

Okay it you seem to be in very good trade standings so I would like to work this deal out. A couple quick questions for you though: do you need my tyranid codex and do you have extra bits? Any how my adress is :

[taken off]

Looking forward to getting this trade done once and for all and finally establishing myself on barter town.

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:47 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

I do need the codex, yes. I think the retail on my stuff is higher then yours, so that should make up for codex (since I don't have the Eldar book.)

I don't actually have a ton of bits, I actually picked up most of the army from an old friend, but I'd have no problem including the bits I do have if you don't mind throwing in your Tyranid bits.

Let me know if all of that sounds good to you.

My address is...

Just let me know once you've sent the package out. I should have my end of the deal in the mail within two days of receiving the package of you.

Thanks again.

-Dan-

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:28 pm
by gizmodious

I should be able to mail out the package tomorrow and if not then monday. I have tomorrow off so it shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I am worried about breaking is the damned winged tyrant. I will try to pack them all very carefully but some joint breakage may occur so I apologize in advance for that. As for bits I have a TON of nid bits as I used to have a total of around 5000 points of the bugs. I will throw in pretty much everything I got for them no prob as well as the codex. I will send you a tracking number once I leave the post office. Thanks again for the trade!

Sent: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:29 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

No problem, sounds great.

Thanks.

Sent: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:25 pm
by gizmodious

Allrighty your package is on it's way and your reference # is: 03101230000154551649 I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Looking forward to getting the eldar and playing a new army!

Sent: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 pm
by xXdeadstarXx

Cool. Will let you know once I receive the models and the delivery confirmation number once I've sent yours out.

-Dan-

Sent: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:36 pm
by gizmodious

Hey there, just wandering if you had sent out the eldar yet. Thanks.

Sent: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:12 am
by xXdeadstarXx

Will go out tomorrow. Had a pretty big snowstorm up here last week, kinda messed up my schedule for doing things. Will send you delivery confirmation # as soon as items are shipped.

Sent: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:41 pm
by gizmodious

Thank you for replying and letting me know. I was starting to get a little worried there . The weather has been pretty nasty lately so thanks again for the heads up and I hope everything arrived ok!

Sent: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:42 am
by gizmodious

So any luck sending out those eldar yet????

Sent: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:01 am
by xXdeadstarXx

Yah, don't have the DC # on me right this second, I'll shoot it to you either tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how late I wind up working.

Sent: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:59 pm
by gizmodious

Sounds good. Thanks.

Sent: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 pm
by gizmodious

So any luck with that tracking number??? Still waiting on those eldar. Let me know thanks.

And I have not heard from hime since!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

And... you have zero feedback on this site, and I have a 34 feedback rating, with no negatives, so I'm going to have to abide by the rules of the site and state that since you have a lower rating, especially a zero, you're going to have to ship first.
(Emphasis mine)

I haven't finished reading the whole post yet. I just had to pause at this.

The above is NOT a freaking site rule, people. It really annoys the p!ss out of me when people say it is.

Get your information straight or don't make freaking comments like this.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay. A couple things...
1) Please, post his address. If you're telling people he's someone to watch out for, actually tell them who he is. If he IS a "bad guy," he can -theoretically- get away from this BTR by switching ID's. If others also have a name and address to compare it to, it protects them more.
If he turns out to be an okay guy in the end, that information can always be removed, if Administration deems it appropriate.

2) Which of your messages are unread? If they are in your Outbox, they're unread. If they're in your Sent Messages folder, he's read them.

3) His last login was 4/2/11. He logged out before your last PM. So, what about the one before that?

4) Would you like his email address? PM me.

Considering his last log-in, there might be a reasonable excuse as to what is going on. That said, if he actually sent them, then they should have arrived, regardless of him having problems.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
gizmodious ( 38 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by gizmodious »

I did not want to post his adress because I thought it was confidential but if you think it will help someone esle from getting ripped off in the future then here it is:

Daniel Ness
4270 Orchid Ln N
Plymouth, MN 55446

These are the two messages he did not read yet.

Sent: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:12 pm
To: xXdeadstarXx

So any luck with that tracking number??? Still waiting on those eldar. Let me know thanks.

Eldar
Sent: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 pm
To: xXdeadstarXx

Hey. I see you have not been on for the last few days and have not gotten my last message to you. It has been a ling time since I have heard from you and I still do not have anything from you. Please atleast send me a tracking number by the end of the week so I know what is going on. I know the weather has been bad but it would be nice if you would stay in contact with me while I am waiting on recieving your package after it has been this long. Thanks.

I hope this helps someone else in the future!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Hmm. I'm thinking you should try calling his parents.
I will PM you the contact information I've found.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”