BTR - th7thlegion

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR - th7thlegion

Post by Timofeo »

th7thlegionBTR - th7thlegion

On Monday Apr 4th 2011 I PMed interest below for The Protectorate of Menoth Book and deck Trading some retribution stuff in return see below
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm
by Timofeo
Would you do The Book and Deck for House Sheeyl Battle Mages 2 Painted and based on Large Rocks and 4 Primed White.
Or is it strictly no paint jobs.
I also have
a unit of 10 MHSF 3 Painted
MHSF Commander Not painted
Ravyn Painted
Hydra Painted
Manticore Painted
Eiyrss Primed White
Eeiyrss Primed White

Subject: H:menoth W:retribution

th7thlegion wrote:hello there, i'm looking to get rid of a small menoth force in return for some RET stuff.

I have:
MK II menoth battlebox
reznik
5 incenerators
6 errants
forces of warmachine: protectorate of menoth
menoth token set
menoth deck.

I'm looking for the following.
10 man unit of houseguard riflemen
1 phoenix
would prefer to have them unpainted.
thanks!
The Next Couple of Pms are us Pming over what exactly the deal is going to be and talking about the shape of each of our stuff.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 pm
by th7thlegion
i would actually do that!
im interested in the Eeiyrss too.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 pm
by Timofeo
Well Other than the Book and Cards I am mostly interested in the Exemplar Errants and Cinerators.

Perhaps
Eeiyrss
Battle Mages
for
Deck
Book
Errants or Cinerators
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 pm
by th7thlegion well as of 10 minutes ago i got word that im doing a battlebox tourny so im now interested in your manticore as well haha..
so whatever you feel is appropriate for that trade.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 pm
by Timofeo
So like
Manticore
Eeiyrss
Battle Mages
for
Forces of Protectorate
Exemplar Errants
Exemplar Cinerators

do you think that is fair, its in my favor though I will note.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm
by th7thlegion it is a bit but im not too concerend, would you happen to have a kaelyssa? if you had that that would be phenominal!
if not i say we strike a deal!
and one question are you in the US?
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 pm
by Timofeo I do not have her just Revyn the Eternal Light,
I am in the Us Florida to be exact.
One last question are yours painted, primed, partially painted or what?
if painted is it the standard scheme?

Thanks
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm
by th7thlegion good. and nope no paint.
and are your models painted
the errants are missing a few shoulder pieces and part of a crossbow, if it's a big deal i can order them and ship them too you haha.
other then that they are all in pretty good condition.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 pm
by Timofeo do they look ok with out the shoulder pads, like is there a Hole slot on the shoulder where you would slot the Shoulder pad in or is it just flat.
If its flat then its no big deal, I assume on the crossbow the cross part is missing and it just looks like a pistol or rifle, I could use a Crossbowbit from my bit box so thats no big deal either.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 pm
by th7thlegion
the errants shoulders are flat, these were second models i got from a friend before he left for the military.
and yeah it's easily fixable but i feel like a dueshe for sending out poop models ha
the errants don't look bad it's not noticable to anyone not a menoth player ha
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm
by Timofeo
Is there anyway I can get the deck off of you to, I could throw in some Retribution cards like Dawlord Vyros, Chimera, Hydra, Phoenix,
Oh I almost forgot or I can throw in the Retribution Patch with the cards to.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:35 pm
by th7thlegion
umm i already have all the cards i ordered them a few weeks ago from PP's website.
so yeah :-/
This post describes the Exact contents of the trade
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 pm
by Timofeo
Dang, well alright It seems we have an agreement

so I am trading to you
1 Manticore painted in the normal Retribution scheme slight deviations like I freehanded the Words Manticore 9 on its shoulder
2 Battle Mages painted standard scheme 4 Primed white with the Turquoise applied in a light watered coat to the recessed areas
Eeiyrss primed white

For
5 Exemplar Cinerators not painted
6 Exemplar Errants not painted missing a few parts
1 Forces of Protectorate of Menoth book soft cover I assume

and thats that
my address is
Celebration, Florida USA

So I got everything right? Right
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:43 pm
by th7thlegion
yup you're correct!

my address is
Gr*** Jo****
delaware, ohio

can i get the zip code there too? haha
just in case.
He caught that I forgot my zipcode which to me implies intention of shipping, since if he intended to rob me he couldve just left the mistake.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm
by Timofeo whoops its *******, cant believe I forgot it
The following is our agreeance on days to ship and me giving him the tracking number
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 pm
by th7thlegion haha it's cool alright hopefully i'll ship it out either tomorrow or thursday.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:48 pm
by Timofeo I should be able to get that out Wednesday or maybe tomorrow if I get out of work before that lazy postman closes up shop (With the Plush Hours they have)
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm
by th7thlegion okay that'd be phenominal!
thanks for doing business my friend
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:18 pm
by Timofeo One last thing are you including the Cards for the units I am trading for??
I am including them from my side of things.

I didnt make note of that so I wanted to know
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:20 pm
by th7thlegion of course! haha.
Sent: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:21 pm
by Timofeo ok cool
Sent: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm
by Timofeo
Alright I sent mine should be there on the 8th of this month
the Delivery Label is *************************
Sent: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 pm
by th7thlegion awesome!, i'll be shipping mine tomorrow around noon.

The rest is me trying to get a hold of him
Sent: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 pm
by Timofeo Did you get it sent??
Sent: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:13 pm
by th7thlegion
no, :/ unfortunaly i got stuck at work till 6, and didn't get back into town till about 7:15 post office here closes at 6:30, luckily i get off at 2 on fridays ill have it sent then. sorry about the delay!
Sent: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 pm
by Timofeo
Did you send them today??
Sent: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 pm
by Timofeo
so did you send them?? or are you just not sending them?
Sent: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:26 pm
by Timofeo
So are you sending my half of the trade cause you already have my half, If your having trouble getting off from work to get to the post office just let me know, but having me sit in the dark just makes me think I am getting robbed.
Sent: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm
by Timofeo
I am going to have file a bad trader report if you don't respond by tomorrow night this is getting ridiculous.

Even if you robbed me at least have the decency to tell me your not shipping.
Sent: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:18 am
by th7thlegion
hello, i'm sorry i haven't been on here or been able to respond to your inquiaries. i was in a car accident firday morning on my way into work, i have been in the hospital since then, and i will not be released for a few more days, i was in induced coma i will have my girlfriend or someone send the package too you when they visit tomorrow. again im sorry for this mess. you will have your models i promise.
-legion.
Sent: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 am
by Timofeo
Please do, and have her get the tracking number.
Hopefully you get better
Sent: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:30 pm
by th7thlegion
i'll be released wednesday morning.
again i cannot express how sorry i am that this has gone down how it has.
Sent: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm
by Timofeo
So did you send it??
Sent: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:25 pm
To: th7thlegion
Dude I have to File a bad Trader report Its been almost a week since you got my stuff and you have disappeared even if you were in the hospital If you can get on the computer at Midnight to hit me up, then you could have at least kept me posted.

I just do not know if I should believe this story, I mean He says he was in the hospital but what kind of Hospital has computers you can use at Midnight which is when is pm was sent, it seems fishy, but at the same time It could be true.

I also am not sure if I am being impatient, but this just sucks I wish if he was robbing me he would just say yes I am not sending them so I can get on with it and wont keep hoping that he will send them.

Thanks for Reading

- Tim
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Re: BTR - th7thlegion

Post by Ironhide »

Could have been sent from a smartphone. Also, most of the hospitals around here have wireless internet. So a laptop would be feasible.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

True, I just meant it seemed off. I am certainly not trying to call a Hospitalized man a liar, I just wanted to get opinions on whether it seems I am getting played or if it seems legit thats all.
I am not sure yet
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Please, post th7thlegion's complete address for posterity.
Also, do you have an email address for him?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

gregory jones
435 north franklin
delaware, ohio

I didnt get his Email address, I suppose I did not think it to be relevant to the trade, perhaps I should have taken precaution. I have traded online before and have never gotten anyones email address.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I only asked so I knew if I should provide it to you.
Watch for a PM. Not only do i have his email, but I've found a phone # for you.

Yeah. Because THAT is how I roll! LOL

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

Timothy Scherer <timofeo@yahoo.com> [Chat now]
To: [redacted by Admin]
Hello Gregory I am emailing you to make sure you still intend on sending the Menoth stuff that you agreed to send, I realize that you have told me of your hospitalization and I do sympathize, however you still agreed to send them and you are now 2 days released from the hospital so I think its about time for you to ship or at the very least get in contact with me.

Thank you
Tim
The Following was emailed to 7thlegion
So hopefully I will hear back, I also intend to call today.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I removed the email address.
At the point, we don't want it posted publicly, since it's not something HE provided to you.
Same for the ph# I PMed you. it should not be posted openly.

Thanks.

Eric

Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

Whoops I didnt intend to Copy and paste the Top part just the message itself, sorry
Timofeo ( 96 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Timofeo »

Just thought I would Update this, its been months since the trade

The Following sent by Emlyn who said he knew the guy in real life
I finally saw Greg at the store tonight. I brought the issue of his trade with you up in a round-about way (i.e. I mentioned that I saw your thread and that I was concerned about what had gone on). He got defensive and claimed that he sent you the stuff, but late. I mentioned the PM's which you posted, mentioning the hospital and stuff. He denied that he had lied or failed to keep up his side of the bargain. He was very agitated for the rest of the night.

I did not press the issue because, quite frankly, he's an adult and it's not my job to convince him of what the right thing to do is. I had hoped that, when confronted with the issue personally, he would decide to make it right to you. I suggested to him that he contact you personally. I will be forwarding your PM info to him via his email address.

However, I truly doubt that any of this will do any good. The first step in reconciling a misdeed is admitting that you did wrong. Greg showed no readiness that he was willing to admit to wronging you. I sincerely apologize that you've been shammed. If you need any contact information regarding Greg, please let me know and I'll do my best to get it for you.

Cheers,
Eric
and the Following from the culprit after I contacted him on Facebook
Me:
Dude you ripped me off in a trade on Bartertown and you need to make it right and pay me back.
Greg Jones:
No I sent everything you asked for in the trade, once I shipped it off it became the responsibility of the post office, I will get the shipping info for you, and you can contact them about it.
Me
No you never sent it because I had someone find you and ask you about it and you got all huffy puffy. Also the if you have the Shipping info send it.
End of Transmissions between us
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It was his responsibility to see the trade through to it's completion. We make that VERY clear on our forums.
If he did not get tracking and/or insurance on the package, it's still in his lap. The law will support this.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”