Trade with "Taniths Only": Not Resolved

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Joebungaloe ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Trade with "Taniths Only": Not Resolved

Post by Joebungaloe »

1. Introduction -
In late April I contacted Taniths Only about trading some DoC or LOTR models for some of his OK models he had advertised in his thread. We reached an agreement on April 20, where I would send him a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh, and upon receipt he would send me a butcher and 3 ironguts. I sent the model, and he confirmed receiving it on May 9. For the last two months I have recieved several sets of difficulties in getting my models, wherein Taniths Only was unable to find his ironguts, and instead promised a) to buy a new box of ironguts and ship it with the butcher, or b) send me a check for the value of a new box of ironguts ($40 USD or whatever a new box in Canadian currency costs converted to USD, whichever was lower). When he was unable to find the models, we originally re-agreed that he would send a new box of IGs and the butcher, but apparent difficulties in getting his GW to stock them led to us recently agreeing that he would send a check and the butcher model. This occured on June 5. June 9 was the last I have heard from Taniths Only, in which he promised to send the models and check, and to give me the tracking info as of June 11. No information has since been given to me, and all of my attempts to contact Taniths Only have failed.

I am understanding if Taniths Only has had real life difficulties that have prevented him from either sending me the agreed models and check or PMing me with the details. However, it has been 2 months since he confirmed recieving the Greater Daemon model, during which receipt of the agreed models has been repeated delayed after promises of delivery. Over a week of silence after a promise to send important information has me worried and a bit frusturated. However, I hold out hope that Taniths Only is merely managing the situation as best he can and that unfortunate circumstance has intervened. Regardless, I am filing this BTR to put the Mods and community on notice that this is afoot, as well as to hopefully spur Taniths Only into making good on our agreement. I would much rather have us complete this than mar his good record, but I have given him ample time to respond to my requests, and am forced to pursue this BTR because of his lack of response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Proof - A report of our last 2.5 months of PMs follows:

Sent: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:39 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:I have an in box greater daemon of slaanesh and a sprue of the good guys from the LOTR starter set. I'm looking to pick up some OK models. Are you interested in either of those?
Sent: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 pm
taniths only wrote:yes actually i am. which lotr models are they if i may ask? and do you have a spare rulebook?
Sent: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:13 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:It's the full set of the heroes side from the starter box. Included are:

All 4 hobbits: Frodo, Sam, and the other 2
Legolas
Gimli
Gandalf
Strider
The Ring

All of these are still on sprue, and I have the bases for them too.

I don't have a rulebook, however :( Sorry.

If that looks good, then let's figure out what a fair trade for some OK models would be and do this:)
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:I hadn't heard from you in a bit and wanted to hear if you were still looking into those LOTR sprues I have. Let me know :)
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 pm
taniths only wrote:not so much interested in teh lotr stuff as i am the daemons
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Are you interested in my Greater Daemon still?
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm
taniths only wrote:yes that i do want
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Awesome. I'm looking to round out my OK army with some Ironguts, and maybe a gorger, scraplauncher, or another butcher. I don't know exactly how much OK stuff would be fair for the Daemon, so what do you think would be a good deal?
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm
taniths only wrote:well the launcher and gorger are gone sorry but i wouldnt mind trading off the butcher and 2guts for him
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Would you be able to do the butcher and three ironguts (so I can use them as a full squad on their own) if I volunteer to send first?
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 pm
taniths only wrote:yeah ok thats fine, heres my info

Josh Aikens
2170 sherobbe road. apt 1507
mississauga ontario
l5a 3p8
Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Cool. I'll send you tracking info and whatnot once I get it in the mail. When you get it just drop me a phone call to let me know that you've recieved it at 989-859-8567.

My address is:

Jeff Ambrose
327 Merrimac Trail
Apartment 17-C
Williamsburg, VA
United States
Sent: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 pm
taniths only wrote:ok cool i look forward to it
Sent: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Alright, I got it in the mail today. The tracking number is LC643985312US. Give me a call at 989-859-8567 when you get it and shoot me a message here with tracking info when you get it in the mail!

Thanks,
Jeff
Sent: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Have you been able to track it online? I just want to make sure I gave you the correct info :)
Sent: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:15 am
taniths only wrote:tbh i havnt check ill look today after school
Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 10:45 am
Joebungaloe wrote:Just checking in to see if you've recieved the package yet :)
Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm
taniths only wrote:still havt check my P.O box. i most likly got ti so on my next trip to my p.o box ill send ur stuff
Sent: Mon May 03, 2010 7:32 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Sounds good, I'll wait to hear from you and get the tracking numbers :)
Sent: Sun May 09, 2010 3:46 pm
taniths only wrote:hey so i went to look for my iron guts today and i wanst able to find them. i have picked up your package and everything. so i am proposing one of 2 things. if you have paypal i can send you enough money (you may have to wait a week until i get paid) so you can but a new box of guts or i can buy a box here and just send them to you.
Sent: Sun May 09, 2010 4:07 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:I don't generally use paypal (I don't like their fee percentage system), so I would be fine with either sending me a plain old check, or with you buying some IGs and sending them along with the butcher. It's probably better you purchase them and then send the models, as I think the headache of us figuring out the conversion rate for how much that costs between Canadian and USD is more work than it's worth :)

Let me know what you'd like to do, and either way here is my address again for your reference:

Jeff Ambrose
327 Merrimac Trail, Apt. 17-C
Williamsburg, VA 23185
United States
Sent: Tue May 11, 2010 6:36 am
taniths only wrote:yeha ill just buy the guts and ship them with the butcher cuz yeah the conversion maybe a headache and what not with the constant flux of currencies.
Sent: Tue May 11, 2010 11:54 am
Joebungaloe wrote:Sounds good. Let me know if you need any more information, and hit me with the shipping info when they're in the post!

Thanks!
Sent: Sat May 15, 2010 3:30 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Any update on the shipping?
Sent: Sun May 16, 2010 10:58 am
taniths only wrote:i'll be picking the guts up this thursday and shipping friday
Sent: Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Just checking in to see if you got the figures shipped :) Let me know!
Sent: Sat May 22, 2010 1:28 pm
taniths only wrote:my gw was outta guts and their new shipment doesnt come in till wednesday, sorry its taking so long but ill be shipping wednesday for sure
Sent: Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Did you end up shipping the figures yesterday? If so, do you have the tracking numbers?

Thanks!
Sent: Fri May 28, 2010 1:16 pm
taniths only wrote:sorry the chuckleheads at GW ended up ordering leadbelchers and not ironguts -_- needless to say they were sorry and are ordering me the guts today but they wont be in till next wednesday. sorry for the inconvenince and stuff
Sent: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am
Joebungaloe wrote:Did you get the ironguts and butcher sent this week?
Sent: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm
taniths only wrote:my gw is insanly stupid they had a new guy do the order and he *edit* p and argh1. what we'll have to do is ill ship the butcher to you as i have it and if you give me your paypal info ill send you the money for the guts as paypal has a currency converter this shouldnt be too hard
Sent: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:09 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:I don't have my paypal stuff at my fingertips right this instant. Why don't you just write me a hard copy of a check and mail it with the butcher instead?
Sent: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:27 pm
taniths only wrote:ok ill do that instead
Sent: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:56 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Did you get to send the check and the butcher yet?
Sent: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:21 pm
taniths only wrote:getting paid tomorrow expext the tracking # friday morn or so. sorry for the delay
Sent: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:28 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Did you get them sent?
Sent: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:17 pm
Joebungaloe wrote:Any news or tracking info on the shipping?
Sent: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 am
Joebungaloe wrote:It's now been a week since I've heard from you about sending that check and the butcher model. It's been over 2 months since you recieved the Lord of Change model. While I don't want to do this, I am going to put in a bad trader report, which I will widthdraw if you contact me and get this all figured out. I understand the complications that have occurred during our transaction on your end, but feel that it's now come to the point that this is necessary in order for me to recieve my figure (1 OK Butcher) and the money that we agreed upon ($40 USD for the OK ironguts from GW, or the value of a new box of ironguts in Canadian currency converted into USD, whichever is less).

I'm not going to put in a bad trader reference on your profile, and won't do so as long as we can get this resolved. However, the mods need to be on notice until this is resolved, and once that has occurred I'll get rid of the BTReport and I'll give you a good review (because I understand about the delays you've experienced). Please get back in touch with me so that we can resolve this :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Supporting Information -
I can dig up the receipt from UPS if the Mods need it, but I think that Taniths Only's confirmation of receipt should be adequate to show I delivered on my end of our deal. Although it is listed above in our chain of PMs, Taniths Only contact information is:

Josh Aikens
2170 sherobbe road. apt 1507
mississauga ontario
l5a 3p8

4. Follow Through -
I am hoping to resolve this matter completely within bartertown, as I sincerely hope that this is just an unfortunate series of events. If this is impossible, I will be contacting Canadian authorities, although I do not believe this will be necessary as long as Taniths Only comes around and finishes our deal.

Thank you for taking the time to help me finalize this matter.
~Jeff Ambrose
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: Trade with "Taniths Only": Not Resolved

Post by porkuslime »

Jeff.. other than 2 months being closer to 6 weeks, you have a good BTR. Please expect a PM from me.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: Trade with "Taniths Only": Not Resolved

Post by porkuslime »

Taniths Only has been banned for Multi-accounting. Other Account is exodusofman.

Further contact details can be found in this thread..

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=113724

joebungaloe, please let an Admin or Moderator know if you get anything recovered from this deal so we can add it to this thread.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”