Didnt want to do it, but since he's not answering

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Didnt want to do it, but since he's not answering

Post by carmachu »

The Beast of Caer Banogh has the miniture's I sent, but I've never gotten the one in return. Whether Canadian mail lost it, or he never sent it, its irrelevant. I dont have the model, and no answer from his end.

Traded warmachine Sam, the card, and 6 weedy DD's in return for ONE of the larger HTH devil dog.

The PM's
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: carmachu
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:04 am
Subject: Devil Dog
Hey there. I have the Axe-Wielder you're looking for, if you've still got the other DDs.

To: The Beast of Caer Banogh
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:40 am
Subject: Re: Devil Dog
Yes. Your address and I can get the stuff on its way.

My address is:

carmen sbordone
31 maple st
newburgh, ny 12550

I can get them off monday.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:03 pm
Sorry for the late response. Just to make sure:
http://privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/ga ... _unit.html
Are you looking for the guy with the axe on our right or on our left? Because I just have the one on the left.

If you're looking for the one on the right, I can only empathise.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:45 pm
Either one. I just dislike the goofy guys with the guns. So I have a 5-6 of them, Sam and the card to spare as I bought 2 sets.

carmen

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:11 pm
All right, I'll mail mine off to you tomorrow then.
My address is:
Abhi Rampure
3650 Kaneff Crescent, Unit 1407
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4A1
Canada

Yeah, I'd definately appreciate the card with them. I guess my Dogs will ook particularly weenie, but oh well. Guns and nets, eh?

Would an envelope be good? I think it'd be more economical for you as well to send the fellows in an envelope too, if it's a bubble type in my limited experience single piece metals do well. Your call.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:08 am
Hey there. Are we still on for this?
Sorry if you've already mailed, if that's the case I'll have it expressed out to you

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 am
We're still o. Work's kept me away. Yours goes out tomorrow, and if you wish to wait till it arrives, feel free.

my address is:

carmen sbordone
31 maple st
newburgh, ny 12550
USA

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:07 pm
Models on their way. 4-7 days air mail in a small padded envelope.

Fell free to wait for them to arrive before sending out, I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation and will be back Sept 3rd.

carmen

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:20 am
back from vacation, and checking to see if the models arrived, and if you sent them out.,

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:35 am
Hey there. They arrived yesterday, and I'm sending yours out priority on Monday. Shouldn't be more than couple of days for a small package like that. Let me know when it gets to you, and I'll drop off a good rating for you.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:05 am
Hey there. Any luck yet? Haven't heard from you in a bit.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:39 am
not yet. but from canada is usually slow, so I'll be patient.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:24 pm
for the record, still no model yet.

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:32 pm
Still no model yet. So now what?

And havent heard from him in half a month. Since its Canada, I assume I'm just out a handful of models....
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Yeah, not really up to snuff on my Canadian laws. I'd still file with your local police to see if there's anything that can be done on their end.

Thanks for postinf your proof before we had to ask. :)
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Hey I keep an eye on this forum. I know whats what.

I could accept that it got lost in the mail, we could work somthing out. I've had things disappear to the great white north before in both directions, but since he's not answered the last 3 PM's.....what's a person suppose to do?

*shrug*
belisarius ( 18 )
New Trader

Post by belisarius »

carmachu

This is what you have to do. Go to your local police department with all of your information. Once they have a look at it they will decide to pass it onto Peel Regional. They look after policing for the area he lives in.
As to the mail if he sent it priority mail it should have arrived within 4 days. Have you tried searching for a phone number try www.411.ca

Brain
Zodan ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Zodan »

It's too bad people have to pull garbage like this to begin with. I highly doubt our police forces like to have to spend time with "trivial" stuff like this.

If the bad apples would just straighten up and fly right, this would never be an issue.

Note though that is could be some odd chanced possibility that he has a really good reason for not having responded or anything yet, always retain a slight benefit of the doubt I'd say :?
------------------------------------------
E-Mail: smitty@falloutgrill.com
Text: 832-663 oh five too seven
------------------------------------------
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Zodan wrote:It's too bad people have to pull garbage like this to begin with. I highly doubt our police forces like to have to spend time with "trivial" stuff like this.
Yes, well I've already been told there isnt much they can do, the total value is less than $20-$30.

If the bad apples would just straighten up and fly right, this would never be an issue.

Note though that is could be some odd chanced possibility that he has a really good reason for not having responded or anything yet, always retain a slight benefit of the doubt I'd say.
Its very possible, which is why the title is posted, didnt want to do this, and I did add it could have gotten lost in the mail. No offense to the folks in the great white north, but your mail system sucks.

I'm more than willing to work with him, however, he hasnt responded to either ofthe last 2-3 PM's, even to say he sent it and probably got lost.

*shrug* not much else to do.
belisarius ( 18 )
New Trader

canada mail system

Post by belisarius »

No offense taken our mail system does suck. And I have to use it every day. they do not move things on the weekend. Things can bounce around for days in the mail room and that is before you add in having to go through canada customs. I have seen things land at customs and then take 2 weeks to find its way out. It got so bad that Ebay posted a notice that people waiting for things coming through vancover that there was a 30 to 60 day back log.
Brian
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

As an update, he's contacted me and offere to pay via paypal. Once thats done, I'll be deleting this thread.
faol ( 12 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by faol »

[quote="Zodan"]It's too bad people have to pull garbage like this to begin with. If the bad apples would just straighten up and fly right, this would never be an issue.

quote]

Some people like to make a quick $$$ off other people by cutting corners and coning the sad thing is that they dont thikn they are doing anything wrong, but when it happens to them they are the first ones toget up in arms
''Vivo cum gladius et morior a gladius.''
To live with a sword and to die from the sword.

"Vae Victus" Woe to the Vanquished.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"
-Abe Lincoln
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Sadly, he's contacted me, and offered, but no follow through:

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:19 am

*whistle*
Hrm, okay, you know what, would you like me to mail you out a money order, or do a paypal transfer?

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:43 am

paypal is fine

carmachu2@msn.com
Fr0 ( 2 )
BTown Regular

Post by Fr0 »

Hey;

It's not abnormal for mail to take a month if sent within North America. I eBay all the time, and when I check the postmark date,it coincides with the date they claim it was sent.

In your case, this guy is sketchy at best.. and I hope he sends you the money.

It's still fraud, and you can contact his local authorities. I've got lots of experience in online trading, and no one has gotten away with scamming me without paying heavily.

Borders do not superscede the long arm of the law!

Fr0
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Fr0 wrote:Hey;

It's not abnormal for mail to take a month if sent within North America. I eBay all the time, and when I check the postmark date,it coincides with the date they claim it was sent.
He sent roughly Sept 3rd. Its now Oct 10th. Over a month. If it shows, I'll give'em a reference and delete the thread(assuming the postmark is very old). I cant hold other people responsible for bad postal service. Its not like Canadian Postal service hasnt screwed things up before.

It's still fraud, and you can contact his local authorities. I've got lots of experience in online trading, and no one has gotten away with scamming me without paying heavily.

Borders do not superscede the long arm of the law!
This would be my first bad one, in many, many trades. But unfortuantely, the irtems in question being $20 in value.....means its not even a low priority for the police.
Fr0 ( 2 )
BTown Regular

Post by Fr0 »

Yep, I've had customs hold my stuff for awhile, and made me pay $8.00-$21.00 for them opening it. WTF? Lame.

Is he non-receptive to your emails/PM's?

If you are getting ripped on a regular basis I recommend you re-evaluate your trading practices, and who you are dealing with.

I hope you get your stuff.

lmk if you want some help, you could say I'm very experienced in online trading.

:D

Fr0

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”