bad trader chad aka luvzz2play

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

bad trader chad aka luvzz2play

Post by Paintbrushturkey »

It truly pains me to have to do this, however his stuff was not as described, in one case the miniature is essentially useless to me as a quater of the friggin head is obscured by a drill mark... a negative refernce has been left, as this is unacceptable, should luvzz2play contact me in a timely manner iam willing to reconsider... he further told me to send this payment as a gift, as such i cannot even file a dispute with paypal, lesson learned......

Re: W: Griffin Eschelius, Wolfen Prowler H: $$$

Sent: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 pm
by Paintbrushturkey
uhm mate,

both the bogey and eschelius arrived today, however the bogey has a drill hole in his head (i'm just wondering wtf?) and there are no miracle cards included, i'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't mention this to me.

eschelius is out of the blister not in opened blister, but at least all cards are included

cheers tim

Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:48 am
by Paintbrushturkey
oh cool, thanks

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:37 am
by luvzz2play
tim
the shipping cost was less because of only 2 minis not all those figured in shipping so i issued money back to you in the amount of $4... it was over $3 for shipping and then the price of the envelope.... good luck to you...

chad

Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 am
by Paintbrushturkey
jupp that is the correct address

thanks for selling them to me

cheers tim

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:48 am
by luvzz2play
tim
hey there, everything came thru ok and i will get those sent to you this morning. just to confirm your address i will be shipping to.

Tim Ruder
[Removed by Admin for user privacy]
Australia

chad

Sent: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 am
by Paintbrushturkey
hi mate can you confirm the receipt of the funds and the sending of the items?

cheers tim

Sent: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:03 am
by Paintbrushturkey
i'll give the kreatis a miss thanks mate, i've been considering dropping the tiger, too. probably the best option for me really as that would take the price down to 35 USD Shipped

cheers

tim

PS: the keratis are 45 new in box so i'll give your offer a miss, thanks for matching the price though
PPS: just sent you a payment for the bogey and eschelius, don't worry about the tiger

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 am
by luvzz2play
tim
ok, if you want the keratis, i can match the price of 45 if you like for a total of $86 and i think i can do shipping for $15 .... i've gone online and i've ESTIMATED the weight of box, miniatures and packing materials to be 1 lb 6 oz for a total of $101

or i can just do the tiger, esch, and bogey for 41 plus 9 for shipping for a total of $50

either way, do it as a gift on paypal and send to luvzz_2_play@yahoo.com

thank you

chad

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:18 am
by luvzz2play
tim....
just to let you know, it is only 9 am here in the usa so i have only been up for a couple of hours. i think i am GMT -5 ....

chad

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:16 am
by luvzz2play
tim
sounds good to me. hopefully you can get the keratis locally otherwise it will end up costing you as much or more than the 50 i ask once you figure in shipping and some places tax is included. whereas being able to pick up multiple figs from one location usually starts to save a person money over the long run.... good luck to you........

i'm going to check on the price for shipping before we go any further. i have shipped to europe before a few times with the cost being between 10-20 USD but never to australia

when it comes to for paypal go in and mark it as a gift so that way it saves on their fees.... my paypal is luvzz_2_play@yahoo.com

do you have many people who play in your area? there are not many here and i have to travel a little over an hour to get to a larger group....

chad

Sent: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:07 am
by Paintbrushturkey
hi mate have you figured out how much shipping will be?

if so:
either gimme your paypal and the amount i owe you
or send me a payment request to the paypal of tim_ruder@web.de

cheers tim

Sent: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:57 pm
by Paintbrushturkey
okey i'll take eschelius, the tiger and the bogey, the keratis i can get for 45 new in sealed box so i'll pass on those

so if you could send me an invoice to my paypal for 41USD and shipping that would be great

cheers tim

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:21 pm
by luvzz2play
hey, sure i can split it up for ya
eschelius 11
the tiger and bogey i have a bit over 30 into them but just am figuring 30
the keratis and cypher are 50
didnt know if you could use sered or not as 9 was a little over half. there are places that do sell parts...

for easy numbers we can say 90

Sent: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:58 am
by Paintbrushturkey
uhm would you mind splitting up the price for me as that seems to expensive

you said eschelius is 11
so the bogey and the tiger should be 11 each as well

sered wo hand is no good to me and 67 for the kreatis seems a tad over the top?!

if we cannot agree on a price for the others how much would you want for the bogey? is it 11 as well? if so then i'll just take the bogey and eschelius for 22(or 11each) and shipping send me a payment request to my paypal ( tim_ruder@web.de)

my address is

Tim Ruder
35 Gutt Road
Regency Downs, QLD, 4341
Australia

cheers tim

PS: let me know asap so i can get them asap :-)

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:51 am
by luvzz2play
ok... here is the good and the bad.....

i dont have the darkness hunter ( i actually think i do it is just a matter of finding him)

sered is missing his right hand

i do have the keratis box set.. assembled and started to paint. cypher is slightly modded, i moved one of his scorpion stingers to his forearm ( i had intended on keeping the 4 on his back plus adding one on each arm... he still looks good)

i do have the tiger of dirz 1

i do have the bogey man

i do have eschelius

$100 can take it all........

Sent: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm
by Paintbrushturkey
okay the only other things i really want are

centurus clones with halberds
keratis clones boxed set
skorize clones

cheers tim

PS: just got another offer from someone for sered, so if you could get back to me asap that would be cool ( just so i can let the other guy know if i take his sered or yours)

Sent: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 am
by Paintbrushturkey
were going to be very good friends :-) i'll get a list together :-) just tell me what you want for them

just found another want:

griffin darkness hunter

more to come, soon

cheers tim

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 am
by luvzz2play
tim
let me check but if memory serves me i may have

2 bogeymen
and i'm almost positive that ive got
2 sered
2 tiger of dirz 1

so i can let 1 go of each of these

i have most every min for dirz, acheron and griffin with some duplicates

chad

Sent: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 pm
by Paintbrushturkey
got any of these?

wolfen prowler
acheron bogeyman
griffin sered
the red lioness
syd de kaiber
angels of light
ira tenebrae
goblin bushi
fomori daemons
babajagob w. war toad
dream warrior
orohidian syhe
orphidian archer
orphidian vortarian
orphidian archer
goblin firethrower
mystic ork warrior 1 & 2
baron ozohn
war trol of no dan kar
goblin mutant fishbone bearer
goblin mutants 1 & 2
goblin archers
goblin kobalt the caustic
goblin strohm knights
goblin spearmen
tiger of dirz 1,2&3
dragan d'orianthe

any of these would be cool

cheers tim

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 am
by luvzz2play
he is unassembled and still in the blister pack although it has been opened.....

anything else you are looking for?

Sent: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:42 am
by Paintbrushturkey
that sounds good, what condition is he in? do you have any other confrontation stuff you want to get rid of

* Quote luvzz2play

Sent: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 am
by luvzz2play
hey... i did do a quick look yesterday and found him. i'd like $11 USD not sure what postage would be

Sent: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 am
by Paintbrushturkey
Subject: W: Griffin Eschelius, Wolfen Prowler H: $$$

luvzz2play wrote:hello, i might be able to help you with eschelius if still looking... if so, i can dig and see where i placed him....

hi mate any luck?

how much would he set me back by?

cheers tim
When dealing with me the following applies:
NIB = new in sealed blister
mint = new never stripped may or may not be in blister
assembled = mint assembled miniature
stripped = previously painted, may have minor paint residues
primed = single layer of primer, no obscurement of details
painted = may have one or multiple layers of paint, may be badly stripped with paint residues, pictures are best here
primed and painted minis are assumed to be assembled
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Re: bad trader chad aka luvzz2play

Post by blackspade »

Sorry this happened to you.

My only comment would be that it usually is more conductive to achieving a positive resolution for you if you held off on the negative reference until after you give the guy time to correct the problem.
I would have given him the chance to either respond to you via PM or here in this thread prior to taking that action, mainly because negatives are usually permanent and remove any incentive for him to make right by you.

Just some friendly advice!
Skol!
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

Sorry to hear that, but yeah, as blackspade notes, you can't "reconsider" - a Negative reference is permanent, and you can't change it to a Neutral later.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

oh didn't know that, in any case he had 6 days to repond to my pm, today being the 7th, imo he deserved negative....
painted = may have one or multiple layers of paint, may be badly stripped with paint residues, pictures are best here
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

Paintbrushturkey wrote:

by Paintbrushturkey
uhm mate,

both the bogey and eschelius arrived today, however the bogey has a drill hole in his head (i'm just wondering wtf?) and there are no miracle cards included, i'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't mention this to me.

eschelius is out of the blister not in opened blister, but at least all cards are included

cheers tim
I'm not trying to be overly critical, but if this is the last PM you sent, you might want to send a follow-up stating what you expect him to do to rectify the situation.
The above PM, if this is the last one you sent him, is not exactly clear as to what he needs to do to remedy the situation.
To be fair though, luvzz2play should have responded to the above to at least clarify why they were not complete.
I agree with you that this was pretty sketchy on his part, and is a good cause for concern.
I hope it works out for you!
Skol!
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

Paintbrushturkey wrote:

by Paintbrushturkey
uhm mate,

cheers tim
You said you were waiting for a reply, but if this was your last message there is actually no question except for the
Paintbrushturkey wrote:(i'm just wondering wtf?)

which seems somewhat rhetorical at best. I know you're a new trader and I know you feel slighted, but it looks to me like you could have been clearer in your communication to luvzz2play. If it was me personally I would definitely have gotten back to you, but I can also see him having a reasonable belief that you weren't expecting a response. I'll send him a PM as well and see if he'll respond to me. If not, I can try to have one of the admins contact him.

-HZ
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
Paintbrushturkey ( 6 )
Journeyman Trader

he has not even read it.... hence my concern....
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Am I missing something? Where in the PMs does luvzz2play say the bogey is in mint/perfect condition?
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

JohnHwangBT wrote:Sorry to hear that, but yeah, as blackspade notes, you can't "reconsider" - a Negative reference is permanent, and you can't change it to a Neutral later.
Unless luvzz2play appeals the negative ref. Which he has 30 days to do from the date it was given.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

Ironhide wrote:Am I missing something? Where in the PMs does luvzz2play say the bogey is in mint/perfect condition?
I don't see it either, but neither does he say it's mangled or missing the fairly essential cards. Caveat emptor and all, but surely that doesn't cover hole in the head minis? :)
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Never assume minis are in mint condition. Always ask about the condition of the models you are trading. If you fail to ask, and the other trader doesn't say, then you get what you paid for. It's like buying a used car without looking under the hood or taking it for a test drive.

Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

Ironhide, while I agree that you should ask about the condition of the minis, this PM from luvzz2play on 12/29 kind of leads you to believe that the bogeyman is fine:
luvzz2play wrote:ok... here is the good and the bad.....

i dont have the darkness hunter ( i actually think i do it is just a matter of finding him)

sered is missing his right hand

i do have the keratis box set.. assembled and started to paint. cypher is slightly modded, i moved one of his scorpion stingers to his forearm ( i had intended on keeping the 4 on his back plus adding one on each arm... he still looks good)

i do have the tiger of dirz 1

i do have the bogey man

i do have eschelius
He stated some of the minis were missing parts or modified, and said nothing about the bogey man. The implication is that the mini with no additional comments is as it should be.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Not so. He is saying he has the mini. Not what condition the mini is in. You are assuming it is in good condition.

Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Imaginos »

I agree that he is saying he has the mini, but when he gives condition for other minis in the same post, the assumption is that the mini has no issues. Is it an assumption? Yes, but it comes from the implied lack of detail about any issues with the mini.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Which proves my point that you should ask about the condition of said minis, and never assume.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”