Deadmilkman aka Wesley Wright

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Deadmilkman aka Wesley Wright

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

HeavyGear's anger is understandable, if perhaps a shade on the excessive side. OK, more than a shade.

Nonetheless, he is the aggrieved party. I suggest that you give him a little time to come to grips with the situation. A little less anger on his part should make this manageable.

In the meantime, you should pull out all the stuff you sent him and prepare so that you can return the items to him, if he chooses that resolution. Those are still his models.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I agree. Heaygear is in no way wrong for being angry, IMO. I think his reactions are excessive, but that's a matter of personal opinion, too.

If it gets to the point that Deadmilkman is trying to make good and Heavygear is not willing to even communicate sensibly with the guy, I will take it up with the Admin staff to have this marked as resolved and Heavygear will be SOL.
Yes, I know it's harsh but, if Deadmilkman's willing to make good but is not being allowed to, what's the option that is fairest to all? (Rhetorical question at the point)

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ollieb ( 86 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ollieb »

Instead of making an offer of cash why not just send the minis you originally promised in the trade? While DMM is correct those items can be bought on e-bay for the prices he listed what he didn't add in is additional shipping. I just checked the auctions and the lowest I found for AOBR was $5.95. So adding in shipping to the offer of $75.00 for the minis it comes up to $99.80.
Norseman ( 374 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by Norseman »

Something is better than nothing.

Take the money man!!!

Instead of being out $100 your out $25. That kinda math makes sense in ANYONES books.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

I would like to point out that taking the money and marking this resolved does not mean you cannot still give him a negative reference, and if he has already been given a negative reference; does not mean the negative will be taken away. Just because a trade has been resolved, it does not mean that the trader who did the wronging cannot be given a negative reference.

BTW, as of 12:42 PM Eastern time, Deadmilkman is online; albeit in invisible mode.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
DeadMilkman ( 122 )
BTown Regular

Post by DeadMilkman »

Don't get me wrong. I fully deserve a bad feedback on this, and if HeavyGear doesn't, I'll ask admin to. If I do return to trading, I'll be shipping first, just as extra good faith measure.

OllieB, thanks for the idea. I didn't think about his shipping costs when I was turning this into a purchasing situation.

Also, this offer is still open, and will remain open for the forseeable future. I want to resolve this, and I'm not going to put a deadline on it.

Wes
"The Foundation of Democracy is knowing where to place your machine guns" -Last of the Summer Wine
Heavygear ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by Heavygear »

This thief comes back after a year and a half, most likely to rip somone else off, and offers me less than the models HE STOLE FROM ME are worth. I'm not going to kiss his (mod edit-removed profanity) and thank him for that. I'm going to have his sorry (mod edit-removed profanity) prosecuted for mail fraud or get friends to take my money (mod edit-don't threaten physical violence on other users no matter what). If you guys want to do business with him and allow him to rip other people off from your site go ahead. I certainly can't stop you. If your actually stupid enough to do it, you deserved to get robbed.
Heavygear ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by Heavygear »

Once again Bartertown defends thieves and deadbeats.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

No, but just because your mad your not going to come on here and use profanity and threaten to physically harm someone. It's against the rules just like stealing is.
If you want to discuss this portion further pm me or another staff member.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
DeadMilkman ( 122 )
BTown Regular

Post by DeadMilkman »

I'm not asking to be your friend, I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I've agreed to your request of $100. Please send me your email address so I can get this taken care of. So I can go back to being a thief, and you go can back to being you.

Wes
"The Foundation of Democracy is knowing where to place your machine guns" -Last of the Summer Wine
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Heavygear wrote:Once again Bartertown defends thieves and deadbeats.
One more threat of violence against him in public or one more libelous comment like that, and you will see how we react to THOSE offenses.

Nobody's defending him. We're saying to stop being *the way you are* about it and accept some damned recompense. What did you want from this, if not to get what you're owed and warn the community? You've done the latter and aren't allowing him to do the former.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
DeadMilkman ( 122 )
BTown Regular

Post by DeadMilkman »

Thank you HeavyGear for providing me with your email. I have sent him a payment of $100 (no fees for him). I have a copy of that payment below.

Hopefully we can call this resolved, HeavyGear and I can add each other to our Foe's list, and we can all move on. HeavyGear, please don't forget to leave a negative reference with a link to this BTR.

Wes

Sent to:
Shawn Hall (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
heavygear@columbus.rr.com

Amount sent:
-$100.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$100.00 USD

Date:
Aug 12, 2011
Time:
11:23:34 PDT
Completed

Subject:

You have sent $100.00 USD to Shawn Hall with PayPal
Note:

Payment RE Bartertown BTR from deadmilkman
Funding Type:
Instant Transfer
Funding Source:
$100.00 USD - <redacted bank info> x-1905
Back Up Funding Source:
<redacted card info> -1174
Heavygear ( 4 )
New Trader

Post by Heavygear »

Its not slander if its true. You could ban this guy from trading seeing how he has knowingly stolen from someone. But you don't. You condone this type of behavior, which just encourages others to do the same thing. Go ahead and threaten me. You may not defend him but you provide him the means to commit fraud against other people.
DeadMilkman ( 122 )
BTown Regular

Post by DeadMilkman »

I didn't go into this trade intending to rip anybody off. I'll admit that is what ended up happening, but it was not my intent. Again, I am sorry, and I'm glad that i was able to pay you back, at least monetarily. I've got no intentions of ripping anybody else off, either. So lacking a pattern of criminal behaivor, just one regrettable incident, I personally don't think its fair to keep calling me a thief. Especially now that you have allowed me to settle this dispute. In any case, this will be my last transmission on the subject. I've got nothing else to be said.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Heavygear wrote:Its not slander if its true. You could ban this guy from trading seeing how he has knowingly stolen from someone. But you don't. You condone this type of behavior, which just encourages others to do the same thing. Go ahead and threaten me. You may not defend him but you provide him the means to commit fraud against other people.
But, it can be proven LIBELous if it is defamatory and, unless you've got some psychic way of knowing his intent in returning, your claims that he's out to "rip more people off" are just that.

DMM has claimed to have sent you $100 via PayPal can you confirm or deny that? Regardless what you may or may not think, we don't take the accused's word for it.

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”