What extras would you pay for?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

What extras would you pay for?

Post by MagickalMemories »

Hey, all.

As always, I'm thinking about how we can make money for the site to keep it open. Right now, we rely on BT+ and Advertisers. That's fine. We're not at any risk of closing shop.

But I'd love it if we could offer MORE. Maybe some color options (maybe you don't want to be stuck with blue and white?), better hosting or more server space, etc. Those things take money, though. We don't really have a sh*tload to spare for upgrades.

That's where you come in.

Bartertown is free for basic Users and it always will be (Note: We were saying that LONG before Facebook was!).
Nobody will be REQUIRED to pay to use the site.

Are there frills you'd be willing to shell over cash for?
Custom titles?
@Bartertown Email addresses?
The ability to attach more than just pics to PMs?
a greater posting frequency by having the ability to delete your own ads (or have us delete them for you) to restart your "countdown clock" until you can post again?

Anything else?

If there are such frills, I'm wondering what they're worth to you.

Obviously, if there's something within our ability, and enough people want it, we'd implement it for an cheaply as possible. Maybe a donation of a buck or two or something. So, if a bunch of people say, "I'd pay $5 for a custom Title," well, we might just be able to do that... but far more cheaply. I mean, the main issue we're likely to run into is time. It will take staff (mostly us Admin) TIME to do any of these things you're requesting.
We already donate our time to the site freely, however, so it's not a huge change there. : )

Thanks for your input, guys. We appreciate it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
GGG ( 0 )
BTown Regular

Re: What extras would you pay for?

Post by GGG »

an EU members section
Rhomdruil ( 128 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Rhomdruil »

My Bartertown T-shirt is about worn out, I would love some BT swag!
ryno ( 68 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by ryno »

Perhaps somehow be able to get in on a group buy since our hobby is so expensive?
Ronster ( 666 )
Expert Trader

Post by Ronster »

An expanded posting option. For those that pay a fee perhaps posting twice a week would be good.

Ron Lange
Thank goodness my mama loved me....

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”